A couple at last?

Girls Like Girls

Wendy walked back in to the house and was surprised to see that the majority of the guests were gone. A few were left but they lay passed out on the floor. She had received a text from Seulgi earlier saying she had bussed home and was okay. At least she didn’t have anyone else to worry about now.

Seungwan tip toed over all the sleeping people and even noticed that Bogum was sleeping in a chair, beer still in his hand. She scanned the room for Irene and prayed she was still there. 

It was almost as if God has answered her because she soon heard little splashes coming from the backyard. She went to the back door to find Irene sitting at the edge of the pool swinging her feet gently back and forth in the water. Wendy opened the door and then made her way over to Joohyun.

 

“Joohyun-ah… I haven’t seen you much lately.” said Wendy very softly.

 

Startled by the sudden voice, Irene whipped her head around to see Wendy looking at her. She suddenly felt a familiar pang in her gut.

 

“Oh… Wendy… hi, I guess.” Joohyun said awkwardly.

 

“Hyunnie be honest, are you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong? You need to talk to me please.” begged Wendy.

 

“Seungwan, look, I heard this… rumour about you and I guess I couldn’t handle it very well okay? Sorry for making your life so miserable.” said Irene with a bitter tone.

 

Wendy’s eyes bulged out of their sockets.

 

“What rumour about me?!” exclaimed Wendy.

 

“Oh you know, just the one about you being in love with my boyfriend.” answered Irene while rolling her eyes.

 

Wendy finally sat down and stuck her feet in the pool with her best friend. She looked Joohyun in the eyes and decided to go for it.

 

Seungwan started stuttering in an attempt to explain how she felt but clearly it wasn't working. Her mind turned to mush as she turned away from her best friend and tried to get her thoughts in order. 

“Screw it.” Wendy thought.

 

Everything seemed to move in slow motion. Wendy gently turned Irene’s face and started to lean in. Just as Wendy closed her eyes, she felt someone yank her by the hair and throw her to the side. Seungwan went face first into the concrete and felt her head pound. 

She looked up to see Bogum yelling at Irene while grabbing Irene’s arm.

 

“YAH HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? I WAS LOYAL TO YOU! I COME OUTSIDE AND WHAT DO I SEE? MY GIRLFRIEND DOING SOME LESBIAN CRAP! OF ALL PEOPLE? HER?! DON’T EVEN TRY TO DEFEND YOURSELF! YOU HEAR ME?” screamed Bogum full of rage.

 

Wendy was lying there trying to focus. Her head was spinning, she needed to help Joohyun. She tried to get up and noticed blood trickling down her face. 

 

“S***.” Wendy muttered. 

 

Irene was sobbing and trying to get Bogum to let go.

 

“Please help her, please.” sobbed Irene while trying to get to Wendy, but Bogum just pulled her harder. 

 

Wendy, with a sudden burst of energy, managed to get on her feet and lunged at Bogum. She started throwing punches, she was blinded by her rage. 

 

“DON’T YOU EVER LAY ANOTHER HAND ON HER!” screamed Wendy through her tears.

 

Memories of her and Joohyun were swirling through her head. Painting nails, dancing around like idiots, singing their hearts out, holding hands, everything. He didn’t deserve her. He never stayed up late nights to talk to Irene, he was never there. Wendy always was and she always will be. She kept hitting and yelling while she broke down in a fit of tears. 

 

Irene finally managed to pull Wendy off of Bogum. He had passed out half way through Wendy’s punches.

 

Wendy’s vision was obstructed by the blood running down her face. She felt weak and fell to her knees. Irene tried to hold her up but she wasn’t strong enough. Wendy’s eye lids felt heavy when she heard Irene repeating:

“Please be okay, please be okay…”

Irene, who was struggling to find a phone to call an ambulance, was trying everything she could to keep Wendy awake. She noticed the shorter girl’s eyelids drooping so she said:

 

“Wannie I love you too.” 

 

Wendy smiled through her pain and passed out in the backyard.

 

——————————————————————————————————————————

 

Wendy woke up to the sound of beeping. She slowly opened her eyes and made out the white ceiling and winced at the bright lights.

“Where am I?” she thought out loud.

 

“You’re in the hospital .” someone answered from next to her.

 

Wendy slowly turned her head and saw the one and only Bae Joohyun sitting next to her, with a face soaked in tears. 

 

“I thought your head cracked open or something! I was worried you would never recover! He threw you head first into concrete Wannie!” cried Irene while remembering the horror that happened a couple of nights ago.

 

It was slowly coming back to her. She went over to Bogum’s to confess to Irene. She almost kissed her then was thrown… Did she ever confess? Her memory was a bit blurry.

While Wendy was lost in thought Irene kept crying about the events of the party.

 

“…then you got up even though you were bleeding and you punched the daylights out of him! You risked your life for me Seungwan and then we almost kissed.” recalled Irene while blushing slightly. 

 

“Almost?” Wendy asked “I don’t really remember mu-

As she said that, the older girl practically jumped onto her, their lips molding together. 

 

They pulled apart and shared a cheesy moment of lovingly gazing at each other. 

 

“Now that we have some actual peace and quiet, I would like to properly confess. I, Son Seungwan, love you, Bae Joohyun. I know this isn’t the most romantic setting but it will have to do for now.” said Seungwan

 

Irene held Wendy’s hand before throwing her head back in laughter.

 

“Right back at ya.” said the older girl.

 

 

——————————————————————————————————————————

 

Wendy skipped a couple of days of school after being discharged from the hospital just to make sure her head was better before returning. The doctor didn’t allow her to watch TV or use her phone while she was resting so she hadn’t been able to contact any of her friends while she was gone. The only person she saw was Irene, who gave her the daily gossip updates.

 

“Lots of math, bio, english, oH AND JOY IS DATING YERI??” exclaimed baechu.

 

Wendy chuckled and thought for a moment.

 

“Joohyun-ah, how about we follow their example and start actually dating?”

“Is that your way of asking me out Son?”

“If it was, would you say yes?” asked Wendy.

“Of course… my lovely girlfriend” replied Irene.

.........................

Hello everybody! You all have my deepest apologies for leaving this fanfic for so long... I honestly intended on this being the last chapter months ago but never updated it. I'm sorry to have kept you all waiting for one chapter.  :( I will mark the story as complete for now BUT if anyone has any ideas for more or if anyone wants a sequel, I'll fully consider it. (I don't want to promise and then let anyone down again so I'll leave it at this for now).

Thank you all for being patient. You guys are the best!! ^.^