Meeting Irene

Girls Like Girls

Wendy could not have been more excited for lunch that day. She headed for the fountain and waited there just as promised. A couple of minutes went by before Seulgi showed up. After a brief conversation on where they would sit, it was decided that they would join Wendy’s friends, Joy and Yeri. Once they grabbed their lunches and sat with the two other girls, Seulgi was quick to introduce herself. The younger two immediately started with their introductions.

 

“The name is Park Sooyoung but everyone calls me Joy. I’m probably the most beautiful person you’ll ever meet so don’t hesitate to ask for a picture.” said Joy as she proceeded to wink at Seulgi.

 

“I am Kim Yerim also known as Yeri. I am way more beautiful than Joy and I would be happy to sign some autographs for you.” said Yeri while winking as well.

 

Wendy smacked both of them which made Seulgi let out a big laugh. Together, the four of them had a very entertaining lunch, up until the point where Joy brought up a certain subject.

 

“So Seulgi, has our Wannie told you about her crush?”

 

Seulgi gasped and looked at Wendy then asked:

 

“Who is it?”

 

Wendy ran her fingers through her hair before replying:

 

“Yeah it’s … Bogum.”

 

“Isn’t he dating Irene?” asked Seulgi confused by the situation.

“Yeah! Exactly! So it’s not like I can just break them up.” answered Wendy.

“Well we can,” said Joy pointing at herself and Yeri, "We only talk to Irene unnie because of Wendy unnie. We have no problem breaking the two of them up!"

"Are you guys not all friends?" asked Seulgi with a confused expression.

"Not really," answered Yeri, "Irene unnie is best friends with our dear Seungwannie but only talks to us because she knows we're friends with Wendy. If it weren't for her, I'm pretty sure Bae Joohyun wouldn't even spare a glance in our direction."

"Yah, she's not mean or anything. You just need to take some time to get to know her." said Wendy defending Irene.

"Anyway! Now that we have all that cleared up, here's our plan Seulgi unnie!" exclaimed Joy as she proceeded to tell their bear friend about their ideas.

 

Wendy just sighed and scanned the cafeteria for the oh so famous power couple. Her eyes finally landed on them and she let out a sigh of discouragement. Wendy was stuck in her thoughts when Seulgi brought her back to reality.

 

“Seungwan, do you think you would be able to introduce me to Irene?”

 

Seungwan was taken aback by the question but then asked, 

 

“Why? Are you one of her fans or something?”

 

“No no! Nothing like that! I just have never really had many friends and now that I have you three I’m feeling kind of courageous. Would you mind if you helped me make another friend?”

 

Wendy laughed at how innocent Seulgi sounded before agreeing. Together, they made their way over to Irene and the devil himself.

 

“Yah, Baechu, I have a friend I would like to introduce you to.” 

 

Irene turned to her best friend and saw someone unfamiliar standing next to her. Wendy noticed Joohyun’s eyes narrow at the sight of Seulgi.

 

Seulgi quickly bowed and introduced herself, Irene did the same. Bogum finally caught up with his girlfriend and quickly struck up a conversation with the three girls.

 

“Ah Wendy! Nice to see you! And hello to your friend!” said Bogum. 

 

Wendy nodded, her expression hardening. Seulgi paid close attention to the whole exchange between all of them and was watching Wendy’s reactions to it all. Something seemed fishy. 

 

Seungwan and Seulgi were about to leave when:

 

“Wannie, are you free tonight? Come over to my house, we can hang out, just US TWO.” said Irene emphasizing the last part of her sentence.

 

Wendy felt her heart swell at the thought of them hanging out, they hadn’t really had time for it recently. She obviously replied with a yes and started to walk away. As soon as she had turned around however, Irene stuck her tongue out at Seulgi almost as if she was mocking the girl.

Seulgi went off to her class while waving goodbye to Wendy. She thought back on the conversation between the four of them. Her gut was telling her Wendy didn't actually like Bogum. 

 

“Something’s up… And I, Kang Seulgi, will get to the bottom of it!” thought Seulgi out loud.