It Must Be Party Time

Girls Like Girls

“Hey did you hear? Bogum’s throwing a party this weekend, his parents are away”

“Did you get invited? It’s gonna be the best party of the year!”

“His girlfriend will probably be there, she’s really hot.”

 

News of Bogum’s house party was spreading fast as everyone and anyone tried to get an invite. Obviously Wendy had been invited so she decided to invite Seulgi. Joy and Yeri were both younger than them and, being the amazing person she is, she didn’t want them to be exposed to anything mature that might happen at this party.

 

Wendy was waiting for the bus to get home when someone grabbed her shoulder and scared the daylights out of her.

 

“YAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

 

“RELAX! It’s just me! Your favourite bear!” smiled Seulgi.

 

“I swear to god I was about to kick you” laughed Wendy.

 

“Moving on,” said Seulgi, “How have things been going with Irene?”

 

Wendy’s expression darkened before replying:

 

“She’s been distant lately. I’m worried I did something wrong… We haven’t hung out in a while and she’s avoiding me. Seul, I’m pretty sure my love is one sided… Why am I even trying?” 

 

“I’m positive this isn’t one sided… That wouldn’t match my observations anyway.”

 

“Your what?” questioned the shorter one of the two.

 

“Nothing!!” said Seulgi while trying to laugh it off.

 

Quickly changing the subject they decided that Wendy would have to confront Irene somehow the next time they saw each other. Seungwan figured she’d talk to Joohyun at the party since that’s when she’d see her next.

After talking, shorty got on the bus and went home to pick the outfit she’d wear to the Bogum’s the next day.

Before going to sleep, Wendy gave herself a little pep talk.

 

“Okay, this is it. The worst that could happen is that she never talks to you again. But let’s ignore that fact. You can do it, you can confess. Wendy Son fighting!”

 

Upon waking up in the morning, Seungwan was a nervous wreck. She pretty much lay down all for hours trying to calm herself down, which was not working. Eventually Seulgi came over to get her, only to find her in a blanket burrito, on the floor, shaking. 

“SON SEUNGWAN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” yelled Seulgi.

 

“I can’t do it. I can’t confess Seulgi-ah.” replied wendy half heartedly.

 

“GET UP YOU PIECE OF S***! LOOK AT ME!”

 

Wendy, surprised by Seulgi’s language and aggression decided to just follow what she said and looked her friend in the eyes.

 

“YOU LOVE THIS WOMAN WITH EVERY FIBRE OF YOUR BEING. I KNOW YOU CAN TREAT HER BETTER THAN HER BOYFRIEND EVER COULD. IF SHE DOESN’T LOVE YOU BACK IT’S HER LOSS! NOW QUIT MOPING AROUND BECAUSE IT’S NOW OR NEVER!” exclaimed Seulgi who was out of breath.

 

Wendy got up. Seulgi was right, why was she backing down now? She could do it. She’s Wendy Son. She could do anything if she set her mind to it and today, she would tell Irene how she really feels. Plus, her abs are better than Bogum’s so she has an advantage. Wendy ran upstairs, fixed herself up and got dressed. She came back down looking like a queen and she was ready to go. She grabbed Seulgi’s hand and out the door they went. 

 

They were running late so by the time they got there, the party was already wild. As they opened the door, the house reeked of alcohol and cigarettes. People were yelling, making out, playing beer pong, smoking and doing pretty much anything else you’d see at a party.

 

Wendy decided to relax and wait a bit before she potentially humiliates herself and loses her best friend so she sat down. Seulgi had already abandoned her looking for some food, looks like she was on her own now. Wendy pulled out her phone and kept herself busy for a while, but phone batteries don't last forever. She didn’t want to waste it so she put it away and decided to have an adventure around the house. Wendy was looking around to see if she recognized anyone from school. She saw a few people she knew. There was Taemin, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Amber, Kyungsoo, Joy, Yeri, Kikwa- wait… Yeri? Joy?

 

“SOOYOUNG? YERIM?! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU TWO THINK YOU’RE DOING HERE?!” Yelled Wendy through the loud music that was playing.

 

The two of them turned around and in that moment Wendy knew she was doomed. 

 

“Wannieeeeeeeee. Our pretty unnieeeeee. *hiccups* I’m having fuuuuuuunnn” said Joy, who was obviously drunk.

 

“Haha! Unnie, listen, I can explain”, Yeri stated, “Joy got invited because she’s sneaky so you know she can drink and all but I didn’t want her to die so naturally I came with her and now I don’t know what to do anD SHE’S DRUNK AND I’M YOUNG AN-”

 

“Yerim, take a deep breath. I can accompany you two home and then I’ll come back no big deal.” said Wendy very calmly.

 

Yeri bursted into tears while apologizing to Wendy. All three of them went on the bus back to Joy’s house and helped her get washed up. Yeri decided to sleep over at Sooyoung’s to make sure nothing else happenned to their drunk friend. After saying goodnight, Seungwan made her way back to Bogum’s house. After all, she still had business to take care of.