Fun Day

Girls Like Girls

The doorbell rang at Irene’s house and she jumped down the stairs to go open it. She quickly fixed her hair and swung open her front door.

 

“WANNNIEEEEEEEE!” Irene basically flew into her best friend’s arms.

 

Wendy chuckled before mumbling, “Well hello to you to hyunnie.”

 

Irene dragged Seungwan up the stairs and they both went into her room.

The younger one of the two felt all tingly inside. It really had been too long since they spent time together. They had been sitting on Irene’s bed for a mere second before Joohyun asked:

 

“So that Seulgi girl… She isn’t trying to replace me right?” 

 

“What? No! Yah! Hyun-ah, you’re my best friend, I could never replace you.”

 

“But she was looking at you the whole time you were talking! What if she likes you or something?” said Irene as a matter factly.

 

Wendy could feel her face heating up.

“Wh- What!? We haven’t been friends for that long Joohyun! I highly doubt that’s the case… And why would you care if she likes me? You have a boyfriend how does this affect you?” asked Wendy.

 

Now, it was Irene’s face that was heating up.

 

“I’m just… You know… Looking out for you? You never talk about having a boyfriend, or a girlfriend, or anything!” stated Irene.

 

“Well, we’ll see what happens…” said Wendy trying to move on from the subject of relationships.

 

Joohyun cleared then asked,

“So, I figured we could go for a swim since it’s such a hot day today.”

 

Wendy smirked at how well she knew her best friend.

“I figured you would say that… That’s why I brought my bathing suit!” yelled Wendy enthusiastically.

 

They both grabbed their stuff and proceeded to change. Irene went to the bathroom leaving Wendy her room to use. When Seungwan finished she went down to the living room where she found Joohyun waiting for her.

 

“W O W!” exclaimed Irene while gawking at Wendy’s stomach.

 

Instead of laughing or being embarassed, Wendy felt brave and said:

 

“Like what you see Hyunnie?” while giving her a wink.

 

“Yes.” answered Irene without thinking twice.

 

Realizing what she said, she excused herself to go to the bathroom once again.

 

“Irene what are you doing?” Irene said to herself while splashing water onto her face.

 

She exited the bathroom and went to look for Wendy who she found in the pool already. The rest of their afternoon went smoothly. 

Later in the evening, Irene was painting Wendy’s nails and they were having a “lovely” chat about Bogum. While Joohyun was rambling, Seungwan took the time to really admire the older one’s facial features. 

 

“Gosh, you really are beautiful.” whispered Wendy absentmindedly.

 

Irene stopped talking and was blushing furiously. She looked at Wendy and felt her heart thump in her chest. Her best friend gave her a shy smile before she nudged her to continue talking about her boyfriend. Joohyun had momentarily forgotten she even had a boyfriend while looking into Wendy’s eyes. Wait…What? 

 

Irene jumped away from Wendy making her frown. She made up the excuse that she was just going to get some music to play. Soon, the both of them found themselves getting lost in the music while they just danced their hearts out around Irene’s room.

 

“COOOOL HOOOOOT SWEEEEEET LOOOOOVE!” they both yelled together.

 

Their day came to an end and Wendy needed to start heading home.

 

“Get home safely Wannie.” said Joohyun seriously.

 

Wendy turned towards her and said: 

 

“Anything for you.” before she made her way down the street to the bus stop.

 

As she watched her best friend walk away, Joohyun stopped to think about how many times she had blushed that day. Why was she feeling this way toward her best friend? She had a boyfriend!

 

“What’s happening to me?” wondered Irene.