Expect The Unexpected

Girls Like Girls

“SON SEUNGWAN GET YOUR OVER TO MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW!” 

 

Wendy turned off her phone and sighed as she pulled on her sneakers. Joy has never really been a quiet person. This was one of those moments where Wendy was brutally reminded of that. 

Wendy started walking to her friend’s house and knocked on the door upon her arrival. To her surprise, it swung open. When she walked in, she was welcomed by nothing but emptiness. 

 

“Huh? Silence from Joy? I guess there really is a first time for everything,” said Wendy skeptically.

 

She walked around calling out Joy’s name, confused by what was happening. She went upstairs and entered Joy’s room. The next thing Wendy knew, she was face first on the floor.

 

“EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED BIATCH!” 

 

Joy got up and dusted off her clothes after she drop kicked her friend into the ground. Meanwhile Wendy lay flat on the floor while groaning in pain.

 

“Perfect. Now that you aren’t able to run away, I need to ask you a question,” uttered Joy, “Do you have a crush on someone?”

 

Wendy felt time stand still. How did Joy figure it out? Was she too obvious when she’d steal glances at her crush? The older girl started to have a full blown panic attack on the floor so Joy took matters into her own hands. She grabbed Wendy’s collar and started repeatedly slapping her across the face.

 

“ANSWER ME UNNIE! ANSWER ME!” 

 

Wendy was struggling to stay conscious during the whole ordeal and after being beaten for a couple of minutes, she weakly let out an answer:

 

“Yes I do.” 

 

Joy squealed in delight and dropped her back on her face. She grabbed her phone and started dialling her partner in crime’s phone number.  

 

“YAAAAAAAHHHHH! KIM YERIM! OUR SEUNGWANNIE IS IN L-O-V-E LUV.”

 

Seungwan heard screaming from the other side of the phone and mentally scolded herself for giving up so easily. 

 

Joy put Yeri on speaker and they proceeded to asking Wendy the same question.

 

“So, who’s the lucky guy?”

 

Upon hearing those words, Wendy sat up and blurted out something even she wasn’t expecting.

 

“I… I like… Well it’s… I like Bogum.”

 

Joy and Yeri fell quiet before the older one of the two decided to hang up the phone. Joy looked at her friend and quietly asked her:

 

“Unnie, you have a crush on your best friend’s boyfriend?”

 

When Wendy finally looked up at Joy she saw the disbelief painted across her face. She took a deep breath and decided to keep following the lie she had already started.

 

“Yes I do. He’s very handsome, he’s kind and I’m uhh just jealous of Irene, I guess?”

 

Joy sat down next to her friend and did something unexpected, she gave Wendy a hug. The older girl was very surprised by Joy’s actions.

 

“OH UNNIE! NO WONDER YOU ALWAYS LOOK SO SAD WHEN THEY’RE TOGETHER!”

 

Wendy scratched the back of her head and thought to herself, ‘yeah that’s exactly why’.

 

Joy started rambling on and on about how Irene and Bogum might break up one day and then Wendy might actually have a shot at getting her dream guy. Seungwan sat there nodding along and forcing a smile while listening to Joy. Bogum was nice and all but Wendy did not have a crush on him. Listening to the plan Joy was trying to pull together just made the older one feel horribly guilty. Maybe she should just say the truth before this got any worse. She didn’t like Bogum, she liked Irene. Joy was rapidly texting Yeri to make a solid plan on how they would eventually get their favourite unnie together with Bogum. 

Wendy started to feel light headed and told Joy she would be heading home. Seungwan walked back and darted straight for her room. She dove on to her bed and looked up at her ceiling.

 

“What did I just do?” she thought out loud.