FINAL

Right Where You Belong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Sorry for the wait. Here it is.

 

-----

 

Red and white petals are scattered on the carpet laid on the floor. Each corner of the aisle has flowers and candles decorated with yellow cloth wrapped on each stands. The peaceful sound inside the church turn into shuffles and murmurs of the guests and organizers. Everyone is dressed formally; men in tuxedo and women in elegant white and yellow dresses. On the background of busy scene is the gentle voices of the choir practicing and vocalizing. Everyone is excited for this event to happen. It is prepared for a short period of time only  but every detail is certainly on point and perfectly done according to plan. Everything is ready. The guests are ready, the priest is ready, the families are ready. And the bride is beyond ready.

But the groom.. 

"Son, everything is set at the church. We need to go now. I heard Georgina is already there."

Mingyu doesn't bother looking at his father behind him. He has been checking himself at the mirror for almost half an hour already. Everything about him is perfect. His hair is gelled up perfectly. His tuxedo is neat down to his pants and his leather shoes is shining brighter than the sun. But he looks dissatisfied. He keeps on fixing his bow tie and smoothing the edge of his coat. But whatever he did, nothing changes. It's still looks at it is. He looks as perfectly as he is. 

But something is really wrong, he told himself. Not in my suit, then perhaps in my life.

"This couldn't be happening." He murmured.

"What!?" Mingyu flinched when the door behind was slammed close. He turn around and saw his father with disbelief in his eyes. 

"Dad--"

"Mingyu. There's no turning back! You need to face this new life, whether you like it or not!"

"Do I have any choice? None. You're already done writing my story and about to publish it soon. Yet, you're still thinking about that?" He chuckled bitterly. "Dad, I gave up my own happiness and become a diligent son to you. Just be proud! Don't mind me and don't worry too much." Mingyu walk passed his father but his dad grab his wrist to stop him.

"You'll gonna thank me for doing this, Gyu. Soon."

Mingyu give his dad a dead stare. "Then, thank you so much."

He grab his arms back and left the room.

 

-------

 

Mingyu walk down the aisle along with the sweet song sang by the choir. Everyone around is smiling and seems to be really excited. On the end of the carpet, his best friend, Jungkook is waiting for him. Mingyu shows them the exact opposite. No emotions can be seen on his face at all.

"Bro, can you show some excitement? At least act as if you've been dreaming of this day to happen. Just for the sake of the show." Jungkook cooed.

Mingyu rolled his eyes, "I'm not an actor."

After all the sponsors and kids, all eyes are fixed on the large door of the church. The cameras are all ready and some starts on giggling in excitement. Moments later, the large door opens slowly and appears a gorgeous girl blending in the bright light that blinds everyone in the room. 

Georgina is stunning in her long white dress with a bouquet of yellow flowers on her hand. She smiles so sweet while shedding some tears. She is overwhelmed in so much happiness. Of course, who wouldn't be. To marry the man you really love is every girl's dream.

While Mingyu on the other hand..

"Wonwoo.." as he utters the name, a tear rolls down his face. His whole world stops when the large door opens. He can hear people giggling and crying but he can't see them. All he can see is the man standing on the other end of the church, wearing the same tuxedo as him, but looks more perfect than him.

Mingyu breakdown in cry and his heart pounds so hard on his chest. "Won--" his voice cracked.

Jungkook looks at him when he heard his friend utters other name. "Bro.." He placed his hand on Mingyu's shoulder to comfort him.

"Wonwoo.." Mingyu is crying so hard and Jungkook looks at him with sorrow. 

"Bro.. she's almost here. S-stop.. dreaming."

Mingyu felt his chest ripped after hearing Jungkook's voice. It's like a wake up alarm that right after his friend told it to him, Wonwoo starts to fade on his eyes and Georgina finally appears right in front of him.

"Aww, babe. Stop crying. I'll cry too." Georgina said. Mingyu scoffed and look again at Jungkook before leaving their place. Jungkook gave him a nod and a sad smile. Mingyu, for the last time let his tears fall as he takes Georgina in the altar.

 

-------

 

"Are you ready?"

"Yes.. I guess."

Seokmin looks on his side and gave Wonwoo a confused gaze. "You're not sure?"

"I am. I'm just.. scared. What if--"

"What if it won't work? What if you can't get him back? What if he doesn't love you anymore? Hyung, what if try to make a move first before thinking of what ifs. Negativity never helps." Seokmin taps his finger on the steering wheel impatiently. 

"Do you think, it will be worth it? Do I deserve to have him back? Are we really meant for each other?" Wonwoo asks while looking straight at the road feeling nervous than ever as they get near on their destination.

"Stop those questions. Just do it. If it's not meant to be then be it. Just give it a try. But if I were you, I'll make it worth it." The younger at the driver seat stops the car meters away from the main door of the church. "I believe that, Mingyu is meant to be yours and you are meant to be his."

He gave Wonwoo a reassuring smile before unlocking the door. "Hyung, if something wrong happens, I'll be just behind you."

"Thank you, Seokmin."

"Go ahead and change your destiny."

 

------

 

"Ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter