Bloodlust

Wolves

Hakyeon scowled as he watched the Jung brothers playing soccer in the backyard of their house. Jaehwan and Hongbin had been taking part in the game, but the competitive nature of the brothers had forced them to the sidelines. The boy’s uncle, Seungho, was also watching the game, a small smile on his face as he sipped his beer. Wonsik was inside with Hakyeon, watching the game through the kitchen window.

“He looks happy,” Wonsik said, smiling softly as he tracked Sanghyuk’s every movement.

“They both do,” Hakyeon nodded, a grin forming on his face as he took in his friend’s lovesick expression.

“Are you sure you don’t wanna join them?” Wonsik asked, finally turning away from his soul mate and giving Hakyeon his full attention, “you know that if you were really unwanted, Taekwoon wouldn’t have invited you over.”

“I’m here because of you,” Hakyeon replied, “I’m your friend and Sanghyuk doesn’t want you to feel like you have to give up everything now that you’re part of the pack. I’m here because Taekwoon can’t say no to your boyfriend.”

“Hakyeon,” Wonsik sighed, “that isn’t true. Sanghyuk wanted to invite you because he thinks you’re a nice guy. Hongbin agreed and so did Jaehwan.”

“Agree to disagree,” Hakyeon sighed, “alright?”

“Whatever,” Wonsik huffed, returning his attention to his boyfriend.

“Why don’t you head out there?” Hakyeon smiled kindly, “maybe even join in or something? I’m sure Taekwoon could be persuaded to sit down.”

“But you’re in here,” Wonsik argued, “and I don’t want you to be alone.”

“I’ll be f--!” Hakyeon was cut off by the scent of blood in the air.

“Hakyeon?” Wonsik questioned, “Are you alright?”

“Please excuse me,” Hakyeon whispered, rushing out of the room and locking himself up in the closest bathroom.

He already knew that Sanghyuk’s blood smelled absolutely delectable to him, but somehow the rush of bloodlust had come as a surprise. Or maybe it was just a shock because he’d been convincing himself that he wasn’t a blood drinking monster. Things had been so normal the past couple of months that Hakyeon had clearly forgotten just what the scent of blood did to him. Especially the blood of the younger Jung.

Hakyeon felt so horrible and he just wanted to cry. Feeling bloodlust over Sanghyuk felt so much like a betrayal. A betrayal of his best friend who loved Sanghyuk and a betrayal of the feelings he was starting to feel for Taekwoon. The same Taekwoon who he was pretty sure thought he was a monster. And this little moment sure did give validity to that thought.

Hakyeon wrapped his arms around his legs, buried his face in his knees, and started sobbing.

A/N: poor Hakyeon. It’s not easy being a vampire. Even worse when the person who’s blood calls to you the most is your best friend’s boyfriend and your crush’s brother.