Reunion

A Light to Guide You
(Fire form a distance)
 
“I guess we’ll never see her again…” Taehyung said as they both seemed to have accepted their fate.
 
Jimin and Taehyung braced themselves for a devastating blow but instead a huge blast of bright blue energy attacked the robot and created an explosion. The two looked at each other in confusion as they saw the rubble of the robot that was chasing them. Soon, another robot showed up at the ally way and scanned the broken robot in front of it.
 
“What the…?” Jimin muttered as someone jumped down from the rooftop.
 
The figure stood up with long red hair flowing in the wind. Both Jimin and Taehyung’s eyes widened as they realized who it was. The girl turned her head back to look at the two and smirked. “Miss me?”
 
“Tessa?” Taehyung said in confusion and happiness.
 
“Was that energy blast you?” Jimin asked.
 
Tessa never got a chance to answer before the robot started charging them. Tessa quickly gathered energy in her fist and punched the ground to make the ground crumble beneath the robot. Jimin and Taehyung stared in awe. She saw the robot was stuck in the ground, but was still functional. She then ran towards it and used her energy to give it one more punch.
 
“That was easy,” Tessa calmly said as she dusted off her hands. She turned back at the two guys and was met with surprised stares. “What?”
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~ ~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
“Are you sure that’s really you?” Taehyung asked as he kept poking Tessa.
 
“You look so much different now,” Jimin commented as he too was poking Tessa.
 
Tessa was getting a little irritated. “Yes, it’s me. Can you two please stop poking me?” She glared at the two with blue glowing eyes. It scared them just enough for them to stop poking her and to take a step back.
 
“So… uh…” Taehyung awkwardly spoke up. “I like your new look?”
 
Tessa raised an eyebrow at him. “Umm, thanks? It’s just a lighter color than before…”
 
“And I thought you hated long hair,” Jimin skeptically looked at Tessa.
 
“I was training so much, there really wasn’t any time to cut my hair,” Tessa said. “It would get to the point where I can’t take it anymore and I would cut it short again. It is pretty much at that point again, but I wanted to head home as soon as I could.”
 
“I like it,” Jimin smiled as Taehyung gave her a double thumbs up.
 
Tessa subconsciously grabbed the ends of her hair and smiled softly. “So, you think I should keep it?”
 
“If you want,” Taehyung said. He then noticed something else about the older female. “You also seemed to have slimmed down a little bit.”
 
Tessa looked down at her body. “I guess I have.”
 
“Your wardrobe has also changed,” Jimin said.
 
“I needed new clothes because all of my other training clothes practically got ruined,” Tessa replied as she flicked Jimin’s forehead, “and don’t stand so close to me! I feel like I’m being interrogated.”
 
Jimin pouted as he rubbed his forehead. “Sorry, but anyway… I can see your training went well.”
 
Tessa nodded as she leaned against the kitchen counter. “It did and holy , did my gramps work me to the bone…”
 
“But it was definitely worth it. You saved our lives,” Taehyung said and received a smile from Tessa.
 
Suddenly, there was a strange sound at the front door. The three were prepared to attack when the door suddenly busted open. On instinct, Tessa grabbed the nearest thing from her, in this case a kitchen knife, and ran towards the intruder. She punched the person’s gut and kicked him towards the door and threw the knife at them. The knife landed a centimeter away from skewering the person’s crotch.
 
Tessa looked up and immediately felt regret. “J-Hope? Is that you?”
 
J-Hope was holding his breath as he stared at the knife dangerously close to his important parts. “Wow, Tessa, what a welcome…” he said in a daze.
 
Tessa walked up and picked up the knife that was stuck in the floor. She then held out a hand to pick him up.
 
When she turned around toward the kitchen, again, she was met with surprised eyes. She sheepishly rubbed the back of her head as four other guys opened the door cautiously.
 
“So it really is you!” Jin smiled as him and the rest of the group walked in the kitchen.
 
Tessa put the knife back and turned around to greet them, but she was caught off guard by something. She gave Jin a stern look. “I leave to train with my gramps for five years, and you do this to your hair?!”
 
Jin pouted, “I thought you would like my blonde hair…”
 
Tessa sighed, “I do… it just surprised me.” She then turned to the others and greeted them. “Long time, no see!”
 
“Likewise,” Suga greeted as they bro-fisted.
 
Tessa then turned to Namjoon. “Hey!” she smiled brightly.
 
“Hey!” Namjoon greeted back as he gave her a hug.
 
Tessa then moved on to Jungkook, who was not a good bit taller than her. “I see puberty was good to you.”
 
Jungkook smiled as he hugged her. “You too, you look good, noona.”
 
Tessa couldn’t help but blush, but everyone felt the rage of emotion from two guys in the kitchen. She turned around to look at her best friends. “Are you two okay?” she asked.
 
“They’re just jealo—” J-Hope tried telling her but his mouth got covered by Jimin.
 
“Anyway, why don’t we go exploring the town?” Taehyung suggested.
 
“Sounds good!” Tessa smiled as they got ready.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
The group of eight were wandering down the streets of the town. The guys were showing Tessa what was the same and what was different. Most of the town’s layout was exactly the same, but some of the stores were a little different.
 
“Wasn’t that the dojo?” Tessa asked as she pointed to the pizza restaurant.
 
“That was, but the old man passed away two years ago and this family bought the building and turned it into a pizza place,” Namjoon explained as they stopped in front of the building.
 
“I’m almost glad that not a whole lot has changed around here,” Tessa said as they started walking again.
 
They didn’t walk very far until they heard screams followed by an explosion. “Was that lightning?” J-Hope asked as several people of the town ran past them.
 
“Well… what do you say we kick some ?” Namjoon said.
 
“I thought you’d never ask,” Tessa smirked as she was the first one to run towards the action. The others were pleasantly surprised by Tessa’s enthusiasm and followed suit.
 
They turned the corner to see several Nightmare robots and a short girl standing in the middle of the wreckage.
 
“Looks like I have some playmates,” The girl smirked as she fired lightning in their direction.
 
Jimin shot fire at her in hopes of hitting her. “Did I get her?”
 
“I’m afraid not,” Namjoon replied as he noticed she dodged his attack effortlessly.
 
“Let’s see if we can show her how we do things,” Suga said as he used his crystal manipulation to launch an attack from a distance.
 
While the girl was focused on the large crystal hurling towards her, Tessa took this opportunity to run in close. She then attempted to land a punch on her but she caught it out of the corner of her eye and dodged both the crystal and her attack.
 
“You’re pretty quick,” Tessa commented as she kept trying to land punches.
 
“Is punching all you can do?” the girl smirked.
 
Tessa got a little irritated and almost landed a punch. She managed to see the nametag on the girl’s uniform.
 
Jihyo, huh?  She thought as she took a step back to regain her momentum. She then started charging for a direct attack again. Jihyo smirked as she was going to dodge the attack. But it was Tessa’s turn to smirk as she instead fired an energy beam at point blank range.
 
“Holy !” Suga cursed as they all witnessed the bright blue energy beam.
 
Soon there was a huge lightning bolt in the area and everyone made a break for it. Tessa was stuck in the middle of a fire and no way out. She looked up and saw Taehyung flying above her. “You can fly now?” she chuckled slightly as he dove down to pick her up.
 
“You’re not the only one with a few new tricks,” Taehyung said as they caught up with the rest of the group.
 
“Jihyo is showing no mercy, huh?” Tessa commented.
 
“So that’s her name?” Taehyung asked. Tessa nodded. “She’s definitely the type to not let anyone go alive.”
 
Tessa nodded in reply as they dropped down to the ground. They were a good 50 meters ahead of her when they reached the outskirts of the town. They were met with a ledge that lead down to a different part of town.
 
They then looked over to a hidden stairwell that lead underground. They all looked at each other and debated which route to take.
 
“I say the stairwell,” Suga said.
 
“I say we jump,” J-Hope retorted.
 
“Are you nuts?! That’s a long way down. Going underground is the safer option,” Jin protested.
 
“But jumping down might be a faster way to lose her,” Namjoon replied.
 
Tessa looked at everybody and looked behind her to see Jihyo catching up.
 
“Guys! We have no time left to argue!!” Tessa shouted as she started moving.
 
 
 
 

 

Holy crap I haven't updated this... *frantically beggs for forgiveness*
 
The gang has reunited after five years! Looks like it's a good dynamic between everyone... but now they are faced with a choice to either be daring or safe. It's up to you!
 
See you guys next time! (And hopefully it won't be a million years!)
 
Currently listening to: Rhythm After Summber - Exo-CBX