Playing with Fire

A Light to Guide You
 
(Fire an energy beam)
 
“I think we’ll be better off if we fire an energy beam,” Tessa explained her idea to Jungkook and he nodded.
 
“Alright, let’s do it, Noona,” Jungkook replied as they prepared their energy for the attack.
 
The two took a few steps back and started their attack. They fired an energy beam with a little extra strength. The explosion was a slight purple color, but they managed to destroy a decent sized hole in the wall. Tessa stepped in and scanned the halls and found an aim-assist laser pointed right at her.
 
“Guys…” Tessa mumbled as the guard was ready to fire his gun.
 
She raised her hands and signaled for the guys to not advance yet. The guard stepped closer to her. “What do you think you’re doing her, little missy?” the guard asked.
 
“You’re not gonna shoot an innocent girl are you?” Tessa asked innocently.
 
“What innocent girl blows a hole in the wall?” the guard gave her a stern look.
 
The moment he was in her face, Tessa fired her eye beams at him at point blank range. After startling him, she punched him in the face and proceeded to knock him out. “Okay guys, let’s keep going before any more of them show up!” she told the others who were still outside.
 
“You sure do have a way with guys, Tessa,” J-Hope commented as he walked in and stood beside her.
 
“Alright, do we split up or stick together?” Jin asked as everyone gathered in the halls.
 
“I think we should stick together for now, that way we can take out a single guard easily,” Namjoon suggested.
 
“Playing it safe are we?” Tessa gave Namjoon a knowing glare. “I thought you were one for risks.”
 
“I just wanted to please you…” Namjoon replied.
 
“Honestly, if it were just me on that cliff, I would’ve jumped on… but I wanted to keep everyone else safe,” Tessa confessed as the group started cautiously wandering the halls.
 
Namjoon nodded Suga checked the corners. When he signaled it was safe, they advanced through the halls. Tessa’s eyes glowed blue for a brief moment and she tried to get everyone’s attention.
 
“Guys, there’s danger ahead!” she warned everyone.
 
Everyone got on their guard and prepared to fight. A lone guard turned the corner and saw the group. Before he got a chance to call for backup, Suga launched a few crystals at him, thus knocking him out.
 
“That was quick…” Jin calmly noted as they approached the unconscious guard.
 
“He looked like someone insignificant,” Jimin said.
 
J-Hope snooped through his pockets and found his identification card. “Seo Ryeowon. Rank: F. Years with Nightmare: 1,” he read the card.
 
“This is the first floor… so it’s probably where all the weakest guards are,” Tessa concluded.
 
“Makes sense… if they’re hiding something, they would want their strongest goons guarding it,” Jungkook replied.
 
“Who you callin’ a goon?!”
 
Everyone turned around and was met by a girl who was about the same height as Tessa. She had long dirty blonde hair that framed around her smug expression. Her body language told the group she was impatient.
 
“Who are you?” Jin asked.
 
“Must you really ask? That’s boring,” the girl scoffed as she summoned flames to her hands.
 
“A fire user?” Jimin thought out loud before studying the flames.
 
Tessa’s eyes glowed blue before the girl threw her flames at the group. Jimin stepped forward to control the flames but Tessa stopped him before he had the chance. “Jimin, no!” she shouted before pulling him down.
 
“What’s wrong?” Jimin asked, slightly irritated at the female.
 
“Those aren’t normal flames…” Tessa replied.
 
“How can you tell?” Jimin asked.
 
The flames above everyone diminished and Tessa didn’t hesitate to fire an energy beam at the girl. The girl dodged it effortlessly and summoned more flames.
 
Jimin stood up and gathered his flames and fired his own beam at her. The girl quickly fired her flames and they immediately cut through Jimin’s fire. The flames barely touched Jimin’s hands and he felt pain shoot up his entire arm.
 
“AAAHHHH!!” Jimin shouted in pain as the flames went away.
 
“I told you they were not normal flames,” Tessa scolded Jimin as she motioned him towards Jin.
 
“Yeah, you should listen you her, she’s probably the smart one,” the girl scoffed.
 
“You know… it’s not polite to just attack us without knowing who we are,” J-Hope said as he attempted to direct everyone to run away.
 
The girl was getting irritated and was about to attack but a cold presence took over and stopped everyone.
 
“MOMO!!!”
 
The girl responded to the name and turned to her left and found another girl, with long blonde hair and slightly taller, approaching her.
 
“Momo, what did the commander tell you about using too much of your powers in the building?” the new girl asked.
 
The girl, Momo, glared at the other. “Sana, I told you to not ruin my fun!”
 
Sana gave Momo a cold glare. “The commander said you aren’t allowed to go crazy until you can control your flames better,” she scolded her.
 
The group watched the two girls argue and took their chance to escape. “Come on, let’s go now while they’re bickering,” Tessa suggested as they snuck around the corner and found the staircase.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
Jin was healing Jimin’s arms and Suga was still standing guard. The group had found an abandoned room to hide in to buy some time for Jin and Jimin.
 
“So, where do we go from here?” J-Hope asked.
 
“We find where the commander of this building is at, then find out what he’s up to and stop him,” Tessa explained as she explored the room.
 
“What do you think is going on?” Namjoon asked.
 
“I’m not sure, but by judging by the comments those two girls made… it might have something to do with harnessing dangerous powers,” Tessa replied.
 
“Do you think those flames are hers?” Suga asked.
 
“I can’t say for sure… but all I know is that they aren’t ordinary flames she’s wielding,” Tessa answered.
 
“With her roaming the halls, how do we get rid of her?” Jungkook asked as he looked around.
 
“What about Jimin?” Taehyung asked with an innocent expression.
 
“We saw what her flames did to Jimin,” Tessa answered with a slight sad tone. “If that was just a tiny touch from her flames, imagine getting a direct hit from one.”
 
Everyone shuttered at the thought. Jin finished up healing Jimin. “I’ll find a way around those flames, you can count on it,” Jimin expressed his feeling.
 
You’re always so headstrong, Jimin.  Tessa thought as the group began talking about what to do next.
 
“We need to find a way to the commander,” Jin suggested.
 
“I think he’s somewhere in the basement floors,” J-Hope suggested as he looked at a weathered down map on the wall.
 
Tessa walked over towards him and agreed. “That’s exactly where we should go,” she said as she patted J-Hope’s shoulder.
 
“Now… we need to get there without that Momo chick raising hell on us,” Jimin bitterly replied.
 
Jungkook sneaked over towards the door and creaked it open. He peeked left and right and saw nobody. “If we could pick a good time to go, we need to go now,” he suggested and everyone followed carefully.
 
J-Hope lead the pack as everyone snuck around the halls. They eventually found a staircase leading downstairs. There was a loud noise coming from the other end of the hall.
 
“HEY!!”
 
The group turned around and saw a few guards aiming their guns. Suga put of a crystal barrier to deflect the bullets. He briefly put down the shield to let Tessa and Jimin run right to them.
 
They knocked out the guards in only a few punches, but unfortunately, the sirens went off before they could relax.
 
“Well, !” Tessa called out.
 
“The signal is coming from down stairs!”
 
“Great, if my ears are working, I think that’s Momo,” Taehyung pleaded.
 
“… I don’t think we can make it downstairs in time,” Namjoon expressed his worries.
 
Tessa looked at everyone and then made eye contact with J-Hope. He nodded and gathered everyone together. “I might be able to do this,” he told everyone. He gathered his energy in his hands and used his powers. Unfortunately, he created an explosion.
 
“THIS WAY!!” Momo shouted from the staircase.
 
“Damn,” Tessa muttered.
 
“Now what?” Jungkook asked.
 
Tessa looked at J-Hope’s hopeful expression…
 
 
 
 

 

Do we give second chances?
 
Hey guys, sorry it took so long for me to update. I've been sick the last few days and I've had a lot of personal problems that I'm going through, but this was the first opportunity I have to update.
 
We get to see the inside of the facility and we're going underground. We also get introduced to Momo who seems to be just a tad power crazy, but what could those flames be and why are they so different from ordinary flames? Now that the group has been discovered, J-Hope used his random power to try and cloak them. It failed the first time... but will you let him try again and risk getting caught or play it safe and find some place else to hide?
 
I'll see you guys next time!! (Hopefully not too long!)
 
Currently listening to: One More Day - Sistar (This song is really speaking to me right now.)