Training Montage

A Light to Guide You
(Escape underground)
 
“Guys! We have no time left to argue!!” Tessa shouted as she started moving towards the underground path.
 
“Let’s go!” Jin called out as everyone started following Tessa.
 
J-Hope looked at the plethora of robots in the distance and reluctantly followed the group. He quickly caught up to everyone running through the cave.
 
After a few moments, a flash of lightning was seen at the entrance of the cave. “Search the cave!” Jihyo’s voice echoed in the cave.
 
“!” Tessa whisper-shouted as she looked around for a decent hiding spot.
 
“Maybe with our luck, she won’t search the entire cave,” Taehyung stayed optimistic.
 
Everyone held their breath as they heard some beeps. Then Jihyo’s voice was heard once again. “Yes sir?” ----- “But I might have a few more?” ----- “Okay, if you say so.”
 
The sound of footsteps retreating was heard and everyone released a sigh of relief.
 
“Oh man, that was close,” Jimin expressed his thoughts.
 
“We probably wouldn’t have to worry about that if somebody didn’t play it safe,” Namjoon glared at Tessa.
 
“What are you glaring at me for? It’s better than jumping off a cliff and risk anybody breaking bones!” Tessa retorted as she glared back.
 
“Guys!” Jin stopped the two from getting into it. “No use arguing about it.”
 
“We’re alive, aren’t we?” Jungkook spoke up.
 
“Yeah, he’s right,” Tessa admitted defeat.
 
“Yeah, let’s just find our way back home,” Namjoon suggested as they walked down the path of the cave.
 
Taehyung trailed behind a few steps and thought to himself. She seems to be a little safer when it comes to the group… but what if it was just her instead of everybody?
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
“Are you sure you’re the same Tessa we know?” Jimin asked as they arrived back at Tessa’s house.
 
“Of course I am… but five years with the old man kind of does something to you,” Tessa snarkily replied as she went to the kitchen.
 
Jimin just stared at the female and Taehyung followed after her. “Tae.”
 
Taehyung looked at Jimin, “What is it?”
 
“Have you noticed something in her personality that’s changed?” Jimin whispered so Tessa wouldn’t hear.
 
“Maybe it’s just hanging out with the old man for so long…” Taehyung shrugged. “With his reckless nature, maybe she’s learned to compensate for it?”
 
Jimin sighed, “I guess you’re right…”
 
“Are you two coming or what?” Tessa tapped both of their shoulders and motioned towards the back door.
 
The two followed her to the backyard where they were met with the rest of the guys.
 
“So… they’re starting to infest the town again,” Jin started speaking.
 
“And it’s not just mindless robots either,” Namjoon added.
 
“They must have trained their soldiers enough to let them loose in theses streets,” Suga said.
 
“The robots were bad enough…” Tessa pondered.
 
“Looks like we all have to be on our guard… who’s up for a training session?” Namjoon smirked.
 
Everyone hopped up, ready to go for training. J-Hope and Jimin started sparring first while Tessa sat down with Taehyung.
 
“Tessa!” Taehyung smiled and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.
 
Tessa chuckled, “Tae, what’s up?”
 
“I just wanted to talk to you without Jiminie bugging you, too,” Taehyung replied.
 
“Okay… what do you want to talk about?” Tessa asked.
 
“I’m really glad you’re back,” Taehyung started off, “I just missed you.”
 
Tessa smiled, “I missed you, too, Tae.”
 
Taehyung smiled back, “So besides your super strength, what other new tricks have you learned?”
 
Tessa chuckled at his enthusiasm. “My energy blast are a lot stronger now, and I can conserve more of my energy so I can use it for some extra things like mild healing if I have to.”
 
“Sweet!” Taehyung cheered. “As you saw, I got the hang of flying and I can also use my wind to help with direct combat. I’m still not as good as Jimin, but I can dive into the action if need be.”
 
“So you’re just about a Swiss army knife then,” Tessa smirked.
 
“Nah, the really Swiss army knives are Hobi and Jin,” Taehyung chuckled.
 
“Yeah… everyone seems to be doing alright in my absence,” Tessa sighed as she watched Namjoon and Suga started sparring. Jimin jogged over to Taehyung and Tessa.
 
“Whatcha talking about?” Jimin asked as he sat on the opposite side of Tessa.
 
“Swiss army knives,” Tessa answered honestly.
 
“Okay then…” Jimin shrugged off.
 
“But really, we were just talking about what new skills we’ve learned,” Taehyung spoke up.
 
“Yeah, so what new techniques have you learned?” Tessa asked Jimin with a smile.
 
“Well… I can control the blast of fire and keep it more controlled when I fire a beam, and I can control a separate sources of fire,” Jimin answered happily.
 
“Awesome!” Tessa cheered.
 
Taehyung stood up when Jungkook wanted to spar with him. Jimin then turned to Tessa, “So… what tricks have you learned?”
 
“The main thing is that I can use my energy for a little bit of everything,” Tessa replied. “With the Ryu style training… I’ve become a very balanced mixed attacker.”
 
Jimin smiled fondly at her. “That’s amazing, now you don’t need us to protect you…”
 
“You do know I still need you guys…” Tessa replied.
 
Before Jimin had the chance to reply, Jin went over to Tessa and went to the middle of the yard and started sparring.
 
“How much have you grown, Tessa?” Jimin thought out loud as he watched Jin and Tessa spar with each other.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
“Next time, we’re definitely using our powers to train,” J-Hope said as he laid on the ground.
 
“My backyard is open enough, that could be arranged,” Tessa replied as she sat down next to him.
 
“Well, looks like we should head home, we’ll see you later!” Namjoon smiled as he and everyone, excluding Jimin and Taehyung, and left the yard.
 
As soon as everyone left…
 
“Let’s say we do some extra training, just the three of us!” Tessa cheered.
 
“I like that idea!” Taehyung cheered as Jimin hopped up.
 
The trio started sparring with one another. Taehyung used his wind to throw off the other two and grabbed Tessa and threw her at Jimin. Tessa quickly turned around and used Jimin as a step stool to launch herself back at Taehyung. She had him pinned down and Jimin jumped up to dive bomb the two. Taehyung used his wind to dodge Jimin’s attack and left Tessa almost defenseless.
 
Tessa quickly used her legs and practically leg pressed him into the air again. She rolled to get up but was immediately tackled by Taehyung and Jimin landed on them after his fall.
 
The three started chuckling at their antics and couldn’t stop. “Nothing has changed,” Tessa said through her chuckles as she managed to get out of the pile.
 
“Just like old times,” Taehyung smiled as he stood up.
 
“But now, I’m a little sturdier than I was five years ago,” Tessa smirked as she got in a fighting stance, “so give it all you got!”
 
Taehyung and Jimin looked at each other, then back to Tessa. Without another word, both of them charged at Tessa with every physical attack they had.
 
Tessa dodged attacks left and right while also throwing a few punches of her own. Jimin jumped in the air and Taehyung flew to give him a boost in dive bombing her.
 
“Oh ,” Tessa mumbled as she was gathering up some energy to defend herself.
 
Jimin landed in a fiery explosion with the help of Taehyung’s wind. Tessa quickly used her energy to diminish the flames. She quickly gathered energy into her feet to give her a small speed boost while running towards Jimin. She jumped up to attempt a roundhouse kick, but Jimin quickly grabbed her leg and threw her towards Taehyung. Because she couldn’t react quick enough, she ended up crashing into Taehyung.
 
“Damn that agility…” Tessa muttered.
 
“That is his second power after all,” Taehyung casually replied as he helped Tessa up.
 
“And what’s with that attack earlier? Have you guys been working on cool attacks without me?” Tessa glanced at Taehyung before noticing Jimin charging for an attack.
 
Taehyung flew out of the way and Tessa was left to defend herself. Jimin was throwing several punches, and Tessa blocked all of them. Once she saw an opening, she caught one of his punches and flipped him over. Without noticing, Taehyung used a powerful gust of wind to catch Tessa off guard. He then sped towards her and grabbed her arm, spun her around, and finally throwing her towards Jimin.
 
The three calmed down for a few moments while chuckling. Tessa then sat up and said…
 
 
 

 

"Just like old times!" And I didn't take forever to update!
 
We decided to take the underground path and luckily they went unnoticed! After that, everyone trained! What will Tessa say to the two? That's up to you!! To be honest, these first few choices effect minor things in the story... BUT starting next chapter, the decisions will start effecting bigger parts of the story!
 
Don't be afraid to subscribe and leave a comment! See you guys next week for the next chapter!
 
Currently listening to: My phone buzzing because I got a text!