What's the Plan?

A Light to Guide You
(Train Jungkook)
 
Jungkook set his bag on the ground as he arrived at Tessa’s backyard. He looked at Tessa with a serious expression. “Well… I’m here.”
 
Tessa looked up from her book and smiled. “Alright, let’s get started!”
 
She jumped up and walked over towards him. “What are we going to do first, Noona?” Jungkook asked as he felt nervous with Tessa staring at him.
 
“I’m going to warn you: I will train you the same way Grandpa Ryu trained me, so I won’t be going easy on you,” Tessa presented her warning to the younger.
 
“I’m ready, Tessa-noona,” Jungkook replied with a stern nod.
 
“That’s the spirit, Jungkook!” Tessa cheered. “Now punch that wall!”
 
“What?” Jungkook was taken aback by the sudden command.
 
“Don’t think, just do it!” Tessa cheered as Jungkook followed and punched the nearby wall.
 
Jungkook managed to punch a small hole in the wall with just his natural strength, and Tessa was left in awe. Jungkook fixed his posture and looked at Tessa with an innocent expression. “Did I do well?”
 
Tessa just stared at the wall for a few moments until replying, “This might be easier than I thought…”
 
“What do you want me to do next, Noona?” Jungkook asked.
 
“Since you passed the strength test… let’s move on to the next step,” Tessa said as she motioned for Jungkook to sit down with her. “I need you to close your eyes and relax,” she instructed. Jungkook nodded and visibly relaxed. “As your eyes are closed, I want you to feel the energy flowing through you. Now, where do you feel the most energy?” she asked in a calming manner.
 
“I feel a lot of energy around my arms, legs, and chest,” Jungkook answered honestly.
 
Tessa nodded to herself and asked, “How fast is your energy flowing?”
 
“It seems to be at a moderate pace,” Jungkook replied.
 
“Any places where it seems to flow faster or slower?” Tessa asked as she gathered her blue energy in her right palm.
 
“I can’t tell,” Jungkook replied.
 
Tessa took her energy filled palm and carefully placed it on Jungkook’s chest. “It appears that your energy flows faster in the upper body; that explains your natural strength. Everything else is pretty even looks like,” Tessa said as she pulled her hand away. “You can open your eyes now.”
 
Jungkook opened his eyes and stood up next to Tessa. “What’s next, Noona?”
 
Tessa thought it over for a few moments before getting in a fighting stance. “I want you to give me everything you’ve got.”
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
“Hey boys, come on in!” Stella smiled at Jimin and Taehyung as she let them in her home.
 
“Hey Auntie!” Jimin greeted. “Is Tessa around?”
 
“She took Jungkook home not too long ago,” Stella answered, “but she should be back in a few minutes.”
 
“What’s she doing with Jungkook?” Taehyung innocently asked as Jimin wore a sour expression.
 
Stella chuckled at their polar opposite reactions. “She was taking him home from some training.”
 
“Oh… she was just training him?” Jimin visibly calmed down as he and Taehyung sat down on the couch.
 
“I think it’s nice of her that she’s passing on her teachings onto Jungkookie!” Taehyung cheered.
 
“Are you sure that’s a good thing? We all know how Grandpa Ryu’s training methods can be,” Stella replied as she sat down in her chair.
 
Taehyung and Jimin looked at each other with worry. “Now I’m not sure if that’s a good idea…” Jimin mumbled and Stella chuckled.
 
“Speaking of Ryu family… how’s Uncle?” Taehyung asked.
 
“He’s… alright… I got a phone call earlier today saying he was injured pretty badly,” Stella truthfully answered.
 
“What happened?” Jimin asked.
 
“They told me he suffered several near fatal injuries around his abdomen and neck. Luckily, the medics got to him as soon as possible and reduced the wounds to minor injuries,” Stella answered. “But on the bright side, he’ll be home for about a week to rest up.”
 
“That’s good!” Jimin cheered.
 
“When will he be home?” Taehyung followed up with his question.
 
Moments later, the door opened and in walked a man with average height, sturdy build, and a glaring scar on his neck. “Hi, honey, I’m home!” the man looked in the living room and found two familiar, and grown up, faces. “Well, look at you two! All grown up and everything!”
 
“Uncle!!” Taehyung and Jimin cheered like little kids and ran up to hug Tessa’s father.
 
Stella then stood up and gave her husband a quick kiss on the lips. “Welcome home, Jaehyun.”
 
“Where’s Tessa at?” Jaehyun asked as he sat down on the couch between Taehyung and Jimin.
 
“She took a friend of hers home after training together,” Stella answered as she went to the kitchen to start making dinner.
 
“Training? I feel bad for the poor soul who has to suffer the Ryu style training,” Jaehyun expressed his thoughts.
 
“That’s what we were saying… but Tessa also suffered from the man himself,” Jimin replied as the three of them shivered at the thought.
 
“It was bad enough when it was just me… I would’ve trained her myself had it not been for this war going on,” Jaehyun said.
 
“From what we’ve seen… it might have been a good thing you didn’t,” Taehyung mindlessly replied.
 
Before Jaehyun had the chance to reply, the door opened. “Umma, I’m home!” Tessa called out as she looked in the living room and was shocked to see three familiar faces. She bypassed Jimin and Taehyung and noticed her father was home. “Appa!!” she smiled as she jumped on him.
 
“Hey, sweetie!” Jaehyun smiled as he hugged his daughter tight.
 
Jimin and Taehyung smiled at the heartwarming scene. “When did you get home?” Tessa asked as she sat down on Jimin’s lap.
 
“Just a moment ago, but I’m only going to be home for about a week or two,” Jaehyun told her as Stella walked out in the living room.
 
“Supper will be ready in a few minutes,” Stella smiled at everyone as she turned to finish cooking.
 
Jimin and Taehyung got up to go help with supper. Tessa seemed to be in thought before turning to Jaehyun and asked an important question.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
“You really think we can do that?”
 
“We have to try.”
 
Namjoon looked at Tessa with a concerned look. “How do we know it’s not a suicide mission?” he asked.
 
“My appa told me the location of their base, he knows about the facility they’re running more than anybody. He also thinks we can help stop Nightmare’s plans if we go infiltrate the base,” Tessa answered.
 
“We’re only eight people, and he thinks we can stop Nightmare’s plans?” Jin asked as he looked around at everyone.
 
“Your appa is either a genius or a fool,” Suga bitterly said.
 
“Hyung, we’ve ran into two of their minions, and they are dangerous… he’s right about needing to stop them,” Jungkook spoke up.
 
Everyone agreed with the maknae and decided to come up with a plan. “So, how do you propose we go about our infiltration mission?” J-Hope asked.
 
They all thought to themselves for a few moments before one of them spoke up…
 
“How about we scope out the area first?” Jimin suggested. “That way we’ll know a vague idea of what we’re working with.”
 
“Then what?” Suga asked.
 
“We’ll find an opening around the building, and sneak in from a blind spot,” Jimin expressed his plan. “It’ll be risky since we won’t know what’s beyond the base once we get in.”
 
“That seems to be the only catch though…” Jin pondered.
 
Taehyung finished his thinking and began to express his plan. “What if we capture some guards, steal their uniforms, and sneak in that way?” he asked.
 
Namjoon looked at the younger and nodded in approval. “That’s not a bad idea, too.”
 
“That way, we can get a good idea for what’s on the inside and direct the ones from the outside in,” Taehyung added.
 
“Granted, the outside guards might be a little suspicious…” Suga expressed his concern.
 
“Seems like we have two really good ideas,” Namjoon said, “and either of them could work.”
 
“You haven’t said anything about the ideas, Tessa,” Jimin commented.
 
“Which plan do you want to do?” Taehyung asked.
 
Tessa stared at her two best friends and thought over each of their ideas before answering…
 
 

 

Hmm... caught between a rock and a hard place here.
 
Sorry for the late update! I got caught up with the holidays and lets just say, my daughter made out like a bandit! (Granted, she's only a year and a half!) And I hope everyone else had an awesome Christmas!!
 
Now for the story, we get to train Jungkook! (Horray!) Seems like it's going well, too. Tessa's father returns from the war for a little bit and seems to have suggested to take out Nightmare at its core. Now for the issue: Jimin's plan is think first, then act while Taehyung's plan is act first, then think. Both have strenghts and weakness, but what will you choose?
 
Next time I'll see you guys it will be 2017! So I'll see you next year!!
 
Currently listening to: Twenty-Four - Exo (I'm really in love with this song!)