Will it be Worth it?

A Light to Guide You
The sound of the doorbell resonated in the house. An older woman opened the door to find two fifteen year old boys. The woman smiled as she recognized the two boys.
 
“Hello there, Jimin, Taehyung.” She smiled brightly.
 
“Hey Auntie Stella.” Taehyung smiled his boxy smile.
 
“Is Tessa here?” Jimin asked while his eyes disappeared in his smile.
 
Stella nodded and turned towards the staircase. “TESSA-YAH, JIMIN AND TAEHYUNG ARE HERE!!”
 
A few moments later, a short, slightly chubby girl walked down the stairs. Her short, dark red, and curly hair bounced with each step she took. She looked towards the door and shyly smiled. “Jiminie, Taehyungie!”
 
“Have fun!” Stella smiled at the three kids. “Make sure to bring her back at a decent time.”
 
“We will!” Taehyung and Jimin replied simultaneously.
 
The front door shut and the three started walking towards the nearest park. “So what’s the plan for today?” Tessa asked the two as they walked on either side of her.
 
“We just wanted to hang out. We haven’t seen you in a few days.” Jimin replied.
 
“Yeah, you guys have been working on your powers with your appas…” Tessa said as she sadly looked down.
 
“Cheer up, Tessa!” Taehyung patted her back. “I’m sure your appa will turn up soon.”
 
“Yeah, he’s busy fighting Nightmare with his troop.” Jimin said. “They should be returning home soon.”
 
“I hope so…” Tessa said as they kept walking. “On a different note, how is your guys’ training going?”
 
“It’s going pretty well. Appa taught me a new technique last Saturday.” Jimin smiled.
 
“Oh really? Awesome!” Tessa smiled at her friend. “What about you, Taehyung?”
 
“Appa can’t really teach me any wind techniques, but he was to see if umma will teach me the secret technique of her clan.” Taehyung replied as they arrived at the park.
 
They each sat on a swing and kept the conversation going. A few moments later, five other guys showed up. “Well, look who’s here!” Jimin smiled as him and Taehyung ran up to the guys.
 
Tessa got up slowly and walked at a slower pace than her best friends. She smiled at the others and happened to notice one unfamiliar face. “Tessa, this is Jungkook.” The oldest one, Jin, said as he noticed the look on the younger girl’s face. “He’s younger than you by a couple of years.”
 
Tessa nodded as she shyly smiled at the boy. “Does he have any powers?” She asked the guys.
 
“No, not yet anyway…” Namjoon replied. “He should be getting them pretty soon, hopefully.”
 
Tessa nodded as everyone started talking to one another. Soon, a few of the guys started demonstrating some of their powers for Jungkook and Tessa. They haven’t seen a whole lot of what they are capable of.
 
Jin grabbed a piece of the monkey bars and turned it into sword. Namjoon then took the sword and broke in instantaneously. Suga took some of the sand crystals and made and new blade. Jimin then used his fire to turn some of the sand into glass. J-Hope then used his randomization and found an earth power to stomp sand into the air. Taehyung finished off with creating a small sand tornado with his wind.
 
Tessa smiled at the boys while Jungkook stared in awe. “I wish I can have powers as cool as yours.” He said with a smile.
 
The older guys smiled at the youngest. Tessa’s smile faltered a little as she went into deep thought. They can handle their powers with such ease… And here I am, barely able to fire strong energy blasts.
 
Jungkook turned to Tessa. “Do you have any powers, noona?”
 
“I have energy manipulation.” Tessa answered. She then lifted her hand and got it to glow a bright blue color. “But I can’t do much with it right now. All I can really do is fire energy blasts.”
 
Jimin and Taehyung noticed the sad tone in her voice. “Don’t be so discouraged, Tessa.” Taehyung smiled. “I’m sure you will be just fine with your powers.”
 
“Yeah, you’ll figure out a purpose for your powers. I just know it.” Jimin smiled causing Tessa to smile back.
 
Everyone hung out for a little longer and before they knew it, the sky started to get dark. “Well, I guess it’s time to go home.” J-Hope said in disappointment.
 
“J-Hope, it’ll be alright, we can hang out again tomorrow.” Namjoon told him.
 
“Sounds good!” J-Hope smiled.
 
“Will you guys be okay?” Suga asked Jimin, Taehyung, and Tessa.
 
Jimin nodded, “We’ll be fine. Her house is just down the street.”
 
Suga nodded, “You guys be careful then.”
 
“We will.” Taehyung smiled as the three started heading back to Tessa’s house.
 
The trio started walking in a comfortable silence. They were halfway home until Tessa’s eyes quickly glowed with blue energy. “Guys…” she mumbled to Jimin and Taehyung.
 
They both turned toward Tessa. “What is it?” Jimin asked.
 
“I don’t like this feeling…” She told them.
 
A moment after she said that, two tall robot soldiers with the name ‘Nightmare’ on them jumped in and slammed the ground. Tessa stepped back while Jimin and Taehyung were prepared to fight.
 
Taehyung created a wind gust in hopes to throw the robots off guard. Jimin’s hand became engulfed with flames as he went in for a direct attack. Tessa noticed one of the robots walking towards her. She mustered up all she could and fired a beam at it. Unfortunately, her energy wasn’t strong enough and the robot sideswiped her into a nearby building.
 
Both boys looked up when they heard the crash. “TESSA!!”
 
The quickly dealt with the two robots with a combination attack and ran over to Tessa. “Are you alright?” Jimin asked as they dug her out of the rubble.
 
“I’m alright…” Tessa said as she noticed another robot ready to attack. “LOOK OUT!!”
 
The boys took Tessa and ducked down trying to protect her. Jimin then got up and used a fire punch towards the knees and Taehyung blew it away with his wind.
 
“I think that’s it for now…” Taehyung said as he helped Tessa up.
 
“Let’s hurry and get you home, you look pretty banged up.” Jimin said as Taehyung helped put Tessa on his back.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
Tessa was sitting in her bedroom a few days after the sudden attack. “I’m so useless…” she muttered to herself as she decided to go downstairs to get some food.
 
As she was walking downstairs, she overheard an important conversation from her mother talking to someone on the phone.
 
“So what do you think we should do?” ----- “I know dear, but she was hurt pretty badly and she was only hit once! It worried me to death.” ----- “I know you can’t train her, and there’s not much I can do to help her.” ----- “You really think he would do it?” ----- “Well, can she stay here with her friends?” ----- “Oh… do you think it would be worth it?” ----- “When will she have to go?” ----- “I see…” ----- “I’ll make arrangements for Monday night then.” ----- “Alright, dear, I’ll talk to you later. Bye.”
 
Stella hung up the phone and sat down in her chair and rubbed her temples.
 
“Umma…”
 
Stella looked up and saw Tessa with a solemn expression. “Did you hear any of that?”
 
Tessa nodded. “So, I’m going away?”
 
Stella took a deep breath before telling her daughter the news. “You will be, but you are going to stay at your grandfather’s place for a while.”
 
“Why?” Tessa asked as she sat down on the couch.
 
“He’s going to train you, so you can become strong and defend yourself better.” Stella worded her sentence carefully.
 
“What about my friends?” Tessa asked.
 
“I’m afraid you might not be seeing them for a long time.” Stella looked at the ground. “But I’m sure you can stay in some sort of contact with them.”
 
It was Tessa’s turn to look at the ground. “So I’m leaving Monday night then?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“On my sixteenth birthday…”
 
 
~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~
 
 
“WHAT?!?!”
 
Tessa flinched as both her best friends yelled simultaneously. “I’m sorry guys…”
 
“What are you sorry for? This is a great opportunity!” Jimin tried to encourage the slightly older girl.
 
“I know it is, but I don’t know how long I would be gone.” Tessa sadly replied.
 
“You will be gone however long it takes!” Taehyung cheered. “If it means you can control your powers a little more, then it’ll be worth it.”
 
“I’ll miss you guys…” Tessa said as a few tears escaped from her blue eyes.
 
“We’ll miss you too.” Jimin said as both boys engulfed her in a tight hug.
 
“We’ll make sure you have the best birthday ever before you go.” Taehyung smiled and it made Tessa feel a little better.
 
 
~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~ ~*~*~
 
 
It was already 8pm on Monday night. Tessa was looking at the gifts her friends gave her. She released a sigh as she looked at the t-shirt Jin gave her in the mirror. “Well… this is it… sixteen years old and about to leave to train…”
 
She then left her room with her bags to go downstairs. Everyone had already said their goodbyes except for Jimin and Taehyung. Those two were in the living room waiting on the slightly elder girl.
 
“Ready, birthday girl?” Jimin smiled as he tried to lighten up the mood.
 
“As ready as I’ll ever be.” Tessa replied.
 
“And don’t you worry about your mother, we’ll take good care of her.” Taehyung smiled and they heard Stella chuckling from the kitchen.
 
Stella walked in the living room and gave Tessa a kiss on the cheek. “I’m gonna miss you so much, Tessa-yah.”
 
“I’ll miss you, too, umma.” Tessa said as she tried fighting back her tears.
 
She then gave Jimin and Taehyung one last hug before walking out the door. Jimin and Taehyung stared at the door for a while before the silence was broken.
 
“Don’t worry boys, she won’t forget you, I promise.” Stella told the boys before they both helped her clean up.
 
 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~ ~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~~~
 
 
~*~*~ 5 Years Later ~*~*~
 
 
Jimin and Taehyung were running from a giant Nightmare robot down the streets. It was more agile then the ones from several years ago. They tried using their powers to lose the robot, but nothing worked.
 
“Let’s try this way!” Jimin shouted as they both turned the corner. They ran down the long ally way but they reached a dead end.
 
“!” Taehyung cursed as they turned around to see the robot approaching. “Looks like this is it.”
 
“We’re both pretty beat up… and we don’t have much gas left.” Jimin added as the robot kept approaching.
 
“I guess we’ll never see her again…” Taehyung said as they both seemed to have accepted their fate.
 
 
Off in the distance, a mysterious figure stood on a rooftop and watched the entire scene. Long, curly, red hair flew in the wind as the moonlight shined bright behind the figure. The figure looked like they were contemplating something, they wanted to help…
 
 
 

 

Tada! First chapter!! It feels so good to be doing this again! I type as my one year old is trying to climb on me.
 
I"m sure you guys all know who the mysterious figure is. What do you think she'll do? That's up to yo
 
If you enjoyed, please feel free to subscribe and tell your friends about it! See you next week!!
 
Currently listening to: War of Hormone - BTS