Musical Heartbreak

Your "Bling Bling" Has Blinded Me

K, yeah so I'm like alive .___. I'm sorry it took so long to update. And thank you to ALL my subbies ^o^

 


The next morning I got my books and supplies for the morning out of my locker, trying to recall my classes for today in my head. Then, Minho and Onew walked by and said hello, distracting me from my thinking. What class is it? I groaned realizing I would never be able to figure it out this way. So I glanced at my paper - music class. I shook my head. Why couldn’t I think of that? I close up my locker and take a breath before bumping my head into an object. I take a step back and look in front of me seeing a locker door. “Oh, I’m so sorry!” I hear someone say. I blink a bit and then see a face in front of me. Sanghyun?

“O-Oppa…” is all I can say.

“Hey… Bella. I’m sorry for hitting you” he says glumly.

“Ahh… gwenchana. The pain will pass” I hold the injured spot as it starts to throb. He bites his lip and grabs a stainless steel water bottle out of his locker. He presses the side of the bottle against my forehead.

I flinch “Ah~ cold!” 

He keeps holding it against my forehead “This’ll numb the pain for a bit”

I bite my lip to bare through the freezing feeling on my forehead. I check my watch quickly and see the time for my class approaching.

“What class do you have first period?” Sanghyun asks me.

“Music class” I reply to him.

He blinks for a bit and stutters his words “R-Really?... I-I do too”

“Oh” my mouth gapes open a bit, surprised by the coincidence, “That’s cool” I smile. He nods sheepishly and grabs some books from his locker.

“Do you mind if I see your timetable?” I ask. He nods and hands the paper over to me. I look at his schedule and see that we have the next two classes together. I naturally grin and jump a bit in excitement. It’s good to have someone you know in your class, even if you have only known them for a day. Plus, I’ve been feeling oddly close to Sanghyun.

“We have the next two classes together!” I smile. He nods.

“Oh really?

I hum in response and hand him back his timetable. He picks up all his stuff and I hand him back his water bottle. He puts the bottle back in his locker and then closes the door. I smile and slowly start walking to our first class.

“So where’s your boyfriend? I didn’t see him around today”

I blink and look at him. “What?...”

“Kim Jonghyun. The short muscly guy”

“What? You think he’s my-“

“Is he not?”

“No…”

“How long have you liked him?”

“What did you say?” I ask, shocked if I heard him right.

“I can tell you like him. I’m asking how long you’ve been admiring him. You don’t have to answer, you know”

“W-What are you t-t-talking about?” I slap the side of my head for stuttering.

“Was that supposed to convince me?” he smiles slyly.

“Fine… maybe I like him… or…”

“Love him?” he asks sympathetically, tilting his head at me. 

“Whatever, it’s not like he’ll ever notice me that way. It doesn’t matter what I say” I reply coldly. He sighs.

“I’m sorry you feel that way. Just don’t lose hope, until it’s too late” he smiles. I nod yet not completely believing it myself. We walk the rest of the way to the music room in silence. When I walk in the room, I see Jjong leaning on one side of the wall talking to a group of boys. I groan and scrunch my nose forgetting we had this class together.

Sanghyun puts his hand on my shoulder, “Don’t worry, and just pretend he’s not here. Come sit with me” he motions with his head to sit on the bench together. I nod and turn my head away from Jonghyun’s direction. I move up and sit at one of the benches with Sanghyun. I bite my lip and lay my books down on the floor in front of me. I slowly straighten up and let my hair fall along my face in hope that Jonghyun won’t see me.

For a while, Sanghyun and I sit there in silence. I start to wonder if Sanghyun’s made any friends here yet, since no one came up to talk to him. I don’t have the courage to look at him though. He must think I’m some romantic whiney girl which is humiliating.

“It must hurt, being friends with him though. Seeing him every day and trying to keep your cool. I admire your integrity” Sanghyun speaks up. I look at him and smile. Maybe I thought wrongly.

“You get used to it after 4 years” I grin and chuckle at the thought. He sighs and looks at me sympathetically.

“Did you ever think you could deserve someone who sees you the same way you do to him?”

I look at him and slowly nod in response, “It’s never happened though. Even the chances of it happening in the future seem slim”

“Keep your heart open and you may be surprised”

“I guess that wouldn’t hurt me to try”

 

The rest of the time until class starts, Sanghyun and I find things in common and we talk about his life in the Philippines. Once, the class teacher calls everyone to the benches everyone goes quiet. I sadly remember that Jonghyun is in the class and I try covering my face with my hair again. Sanghyun notices and taps my knee.

He whispers “Don’t worry Bella”

“Where’s he sitting?” I ask him under my breath. He nudges his head forward and I look towards the front of the class. There I see him sitting with a row of guys in the third row from the front. I quickly look down again feeling my cheeks burn. Sanghyun shakes his head as he looks up at the front waiting for the lesson. I lay by cheeks in between my hands and look down. I hate my life.

The class goes on for a while and I expect Jonghyun to turn around at least once to check for me. He could have forgotten we had this class together. No. I marked our classes together with a highlighter yesterday at lunch. He would have noticed today. He must have glanced at his timetable. I frown and pout. There’s an obvious answer. He doesn’t care. Should I wait for him to glance back and keep looking at his head for the entire class?

I wait for a while until he turns around a bit. But he doesn’t glance at me. I feel my heart sink. That all too familiar feeling hits the pit of my stomach and then -crack crack- I hold my chest. I blink and take a deep breath. Why can’t I be strong every time he does this? Just then, the teacher calls instructs us to stand in a circle to the side of the room to present our talents. Since most times, getting into this class requires having a talent of music. I straighten myself off the bench and adjust my shirt. I take a deep breath since I’ve never been good with presenting. I walk over to the crowd of students already surrounding the teacher, with Sanghyun following behind me. I try standing to the back of the crowd to lay out the chances of not being noticed by the teacher. Jonghyun comes to stand right next to me, talking to one of the boys he was next to on the bench. I internally yell. I hear him laugh and joke with a boy and I look around for another empty space in the crowd. Before I can move I feel a hand on my waist.

“Bella, you’re here!” I hear the dino boy’s voice call. Crap. I don’t turn around, and just nod. Jonghyun turns me around with his ‘dino strength’ as I call it. I look at him and my heart just melts. His outfit looks amazing and his hair is done up perfectly right to make him look just like a cover boy out of a magazine.

I look him up and down and then try to compliment him calmly “Nice outfit”

He a smile “Thank you”. I feel butterflies forming in the pit of my stomach. I fist my hands and turn to face the crowd. Jonghyun hugs me. I swear he wants to kill me.

The teacher starts to talk and give the instructions for our talent presentations. We are to show our talents until we are told to stop. Then, the students start to present themselves one by one as selected by the teacher. I start to nibble on my lip as I listen to the first couple students singing. Nibbling my lip is a habit I have when I’m nervous or worried. I feel Jonghyun poke my stomach and I jump in my spot.

“Stop worrying” he whispers in my ear.

I sigh. He knows me too well. I lean back on his chest and feel his heartbeat against my back. He always tells me to these things, when he’s freaking out more than I am. A sly smile comes across my face. I replay a song I had in mind to present in my head, while I wait.

“What song are you going to sing oppa?” I whisper to Jjong.

“4MEN - Baby Baby” he smiles. I tilt my head. I stupidly ask myself, Is that for me?

“Why that song choice?” I ask.

“I’m going to sing it to Sekyung later”

Crack crack.

 

I blink and nod as pain pours out inside of me.

“I’m going to ask her out tomorrow” he grins.

“If she knows what she has, she’ll say yes” I look down sadly. I try to the extreme not to cry, but my tears go against my wishes.

Jjong must have felt my tears fall onto his hand because he asks the boy beside him, “Is there a leak coming from the ceiling?”

I continue looking downwards and let the tears slowly diminish from my face.

Jonghyun speaks up after a while and asks me, “Yah, what song are you singing?”

I blink; still stuck in my own world.

“Yah, Bella” he nudges me.

“Dalmation – Lost In Love” I mumble.

“You’ll do great” he encourages.

After about 40 minutes, most of the class was done with presenting. But, Jjong and I were still trying to disappear from the crowd. It was easier for us since we’re both somewhat short. Sanghyun wasn’t as lucky since he was tall. He rapped some lyrics he made himself. I listen intently especially since I’ve never heard his talent before. He performed with a lot of passion and his lyrics had a lot of feeling. It was admirable. After he was finished, he was kind enough to go into another section of a crowd as to not draw attention to where Jjong and I were standing.

The performances were almost completed and I was actually starting to think that Jjong and I might be forgotten. Bout as those thoughts entered my head, they quickly fled out.

“You, I haven’t seen you. Come here and present” the teacher pointed me out. Why? Why couldn’t I have a mistakable face? I have the face of an ulzzang, and to this day there have hardly been any advantages to it.

I hear Jjong whisper “Go on. You have the power if you believe” I smile. That’s our motto. I slowly push through the crowd and up to the teacher. She asks me for my name, song and presentation method (singing, rapping or musical instrument).

“Jang Bella, Dalmatian – Lost In Love, and singing” I respond her. She marks the info onto her clipboard she’s holding, with a pen. I release a deep breath and then start to sing. The song sounded different since it was done acapella and I delivered it at a slowed down pace. I try to convey as much of emotion as I can into my performance and when I finish I look around to see my classmates smiling. I know I successfully conveyed my emotions. I smile and walk out of the crowd. I stand beside Sanghyun and he immediately grins.

“Wow. That was amazing, you have a lot of talent” he smiles. I smile sheepishly.

“Nado. You’re really good at rapping” I grin widely as I compliment him.

“Why thank you” he winks like a dork. I grin to myself because of his silliness. We remain quiet as the rest of the students present. When it comes too Jjong’s turn, I move closer. One of the things I love the most about Jonghyun is his singing voice. Considering his voice, his song choice is perfect. Although, I look down sadly and start biting my lip as I remember the purpose of it. Then I hear Jjong sing the first line of ‘Baby Baby’ and I feel myself freeze. The room gets quiet and his powerful vocals are the only thing heard.

Before I know it, I’m holding my chest and crying on one of the benches in the classroom.

Sanghyun kneels down beside me and asks “Do you need to leave?”

I look at him. I’ve only known him for a day and he already cares for me like a best friend. I shake my head “I’ll be okay”

“No matter who that song is for… you look best when you smile” he says to me. I look at him and smile. “There we go” he says.

 


y and horrible but I updated. I'm a lazy bear...

 image