Our First Brand New Year

Your "Bling Bling" Has Blinded Me

Jonghyun and I stare up at the big school building before us. We had walked together like we usually do on school days. Except, Kevin isn't with me. He's sick today. I hope I'm okay without him. This year was set to be different. We were seniors. Everything about our futures could be determined by the next 9 months. 

"It's scary. This being our last first day of public school" Jonghyun says finally breaking the silence. 

"We're getting old Dino" I say putting my arm around his shoulder. 

"Unnie!" I hear a familiar voice say from behind me. I spin around to face my other Dino bestie. Amber Liu. I couldn't mistake her voice for a second. I rush into her embrace, leaving Jonghyun standing alone before someone came up to him and said 'hello'. "Where's Kevin?" she asks.

"He woke up with an awful stomach ache today"

"Oh, I was looking forward to seeing him"

"I miss him, too" I pout. Amber and I continue to chit chat about the school year ahead of us. Then another very familiar sight comes into view. There he is, standing out with his outfit from all the other school kids. His regular school outfit (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7edUPohFpvA/SeGO0zRy4mI/AAAAAAAAAK4/TmOrsBSabLo/s320/200808022320071-keung.jpg) was sown in different colors at the seams. It was a big outline of bright colors. The teachers let him get away with it.

I smile and then whisper in Amber's ear, "Look who's here". 

"Key, my man" I hear and then see Jonghyun pull Key into a tight embrace. 

"Wow, look at his outfit" Amber says examining her now 3 year crush. 

"Ogling are we?" I joke, raising an eyebrow. 

"I'm just impressed..." she says nonchalantly.

"Yeah yeah. Examining his " I smile and look away. 

"Yah!" she yells slapping my shoulder.

"Yah, yah. No need to fight over the almighty Key. He's not going anywhere" Key says strolling over to us with his arm linked in Jonghyun's. They have always had a bromance. Enough of it to make Amber and I jealous at times. Amber isn't the only one hiding her feelings for someone in our group of friends. I fell for the 'Bling Bling' a long time ago. 

*5 years ago* 

Jonghyun and I sat under the shady tree in the small park by his house like we had done so many times during the 2 years that we have been friends. We were in the 8th grade now. Puberty had caught up with us and changed us a bit. More than I would like it to have. Jonghyun's nice smooth slightly feminine sounding voice had been beaten out by a harsh scratchy low toned voice. One that I couldn't recognize unless I looked at his face. I hoped longingly that it would smooth out over the next few months. How much I missed 6th grade. Now every kid in school had pimples, s if you were a girl and body hair if you were a boy. Well those who were already boarded on the puberty train, some missed the train and would have to wait to get on. I wished I could give one of them my seat on this awful train. I look up at Jonghyun who is leaning on his hands while looking up at the blue sky full of clouds ahead. The wind blows his paper straight dark hair in a way that leaves me staring at him.

"Bell-ie. Doesn't that one cloud look like a birdie?" he asks oblivious to my staring. I nod my head viciously. 

"Ne, oppa" I say keeping my eyes glued to what the wind does to his hair. 

He giggles, "namu napu neyo". (so pretty)  I turn my gaze over to the grass beside me. Why do I keep feeling this way? He's always just been my oppa...  "This is our spot. Just you and me. If we come here, we'll always find each other" Jonghyun leans back and smiles at me. Then, it was clear. I was crushing on my best friend. 

"Yeah" is all I could push out. 

*Back to current time*

Jonghyun laughs his uber cute giggle at Key's words. I look over at Amber and smile. She knows why I smiled and simply elbows me in the . 

"Whoa. Keep it cool" Jonghyun says putting Amber's hands down to her sides. 

"It's not like she's your girlfriend" Amber smirks. I don't make a scene because I know he won't get the hint. 

"You don't treat my donsaeng like that Dina" Jonghyun says avoiding the girlfriend subject. I mehrong at Amber. 

"Pssh, guys..." Jjongie says slumping on one leg. I look away from Amber's direction to fake annoyance and then see another friend, Min Hyorin (Hyorin Min). She went to vacation in Singapore this summer so I haven't seen her since the beginning of summer. I rush over squealing when I see her. She runs over with arms wide as she sees me. We have people staring at us from every angle. We bump chests when we see each other... Our signature move.

"Omo, where's Kevin donsaeng?" she asks noticing that Kevin isn't standing with the others.

"Sick. He woke up with a really bad stomach ache" I explain.

I take her hand and drag her over to the other bunch still standing on the grass of the school. 

"Look who's here!" I announce. 

"Oh hey..." Jjongie greets us awkwardly. Hyorin and Jjongie dated in 6th and 10th grade. He cheated the second time and has never really felt comfortable with her after that. I then suddenly remember another two members missing from this group of ours. Donghae and Eunhyuk. 

"Hey, where's Eunhae?" I ask to no one in particular. They are the definition of bromance. I'm convinced to get them together this year. I know Donghae can't resist Eunhyuk at times and Eun-ie is fighting past feelings for Donghae. 

"They have a piano recital this morning so their first day will be tomorrow" Amber explains. 

"Gee, I want those boys together already" Hyorin pouts. 

"Well it has been a whole summer..." Key says thinking about the possibility. 

"Sometimes a summer isn't enough" I say eyeing Jjongie. 

 

 

Author's note: Yeah... It's short but next chapter will get better! So I suddenly decided on making this story have a couple. Since I'm a total fan girl of that. It will NOT be JongKey or 2Min. Well maybe 2Min?