Jung Wheein (pt I)

class of 2017

»»---¤---««

Wheein let out a sigh as she continued staring at the question in front of her which read : What're your future plans?

She suppressed the urge to let out a snort; hell she didn't even know what she wanted for lunch let alone the future so what was she meant to write in this big box? Stability. She wanted stability for the future. She wrote down the word.

Wheein tapped her pencil against her chin as she contemplated what else she wanted. 

She looked across the room and surprise surprise, her eyes fall onto the girl who made her so damn unsure about herself: Ahn Hyejin. She watched as the girl scribbled down her plans, not a trace of uncertainty was found on that perfect face of hers. The girl probably had her life all planned out since she was five, Wheein guessed. 

Wheein could feel the corners of twitching; forming a small smile at the sight of the girl. 

Christ, I'm turning into Moonbyul, she thought to herself in horror. With that, Wheein kept her gaze strictly on the teacher and at the basically blank sheet in front of her for the duration of the class.

 

 

"So what did you write down?" Wheein asked Moonbyul.

They were both sitting down at their usual seats in the cafeteria. Lunchtime really couldn't come soon enough. Wheein's stomach had started making whale noises as soon as first period had started, that along with having to answer that question earlier made sixth period almost unbearable had it not been for a certain someone also being in that class as well. 

Moonbyul shrugged, "I just wrote down what university I wanted to go to and what I wanted to do with my degree afterwards." 

Wheein pouted, "I don't think the teacher will be happy about my answer."

"Why? What did you write?"

"Stability and happiness."

Moonbyul blinked in surprise, "That's all you wrote in that large box?"

She nodded, "It is true though."

"I suppose but I think you're meant to write about universities."

"Well they should've been more specific then."

Moonbyul laughed. 

Out of the corner of her eye, Wheein sees Hyejin and her group sit down at their usual table. She tried her hardest to not turn and stare. Key word being "tried"

"Hey Moonbyul can I ask you a question?" 

"Mhm."

"How many girl crushes can a straight girl have?"

Moonbyul spluttered on her water. "What?" She laughed but stops at the serious expression on her friend's face. Wheein and the word serious were almost never in the same sentence. "What's with that question?"

"I'm just curious."

"I..don't know." She replied honestly. 

"Well..how did you know that you were gay?"

Moonbyul scratched the back of her neck. "I just knew." She replied with a weak smile, "Where is all this coming from?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to check."

"Check your uality?"

Wheein sipped at her drink and fixated her gaze on the table rather than at the questioning look on her friend's face. 

"Hey," Moonbyul reached across the table and placed her hand on top of Wheein's. "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

The blond almost sighed in relief as Wheein's dimpled smile reappeared. 

"I know." A pause. "So there's this girl,"

"Go on."

"I don't know if I want to be her or be on top of her."

"You're in a pickle, my dear friend."

"You're no help at all."

"I have my own problems." Moonbyul said in a half joking tone. 

"Have you apologised to Yongsun yet?"

Moonbyul stared at her bug-eyed, "S-Should I have apologised?"

Wheein rolled her eyes, "I finally know what to get you for your birthday."

"What?"

Wheein stood up and grabbed her tray filled with empty plates, "A book on the dos and don'ts of dating." 

With that, she left her dumbfounded friend at the table and made her way towards the tray stands. Her breath hitches at the back of once she recognised the person already standing there. Her pulse quickened. 

"Excuse me." 

Wheein cringec at how pathetic she sounded and also at the fact that she obviously didn't hear her. She cleared  and tried again, in much much higher decibels.  "Excuse me."

Hyejin jolted in surprise, "Oh sorry." 

Wheein just wanted the ground to swallow her whole there and now. It was like everyone was staring at her, the thought made Wheein's cheeks redden. She had basically screamed at the most popular girl in school.