The Cake

Kai + Cat

The only thing stopping Jongin from throwing the cute little spawn of Satan off a cliff was the expectant look on all of his band-members' faces. He managed to smile, and continued to play with the demon, while cringing on the inside. Why couldn't it have been a dog?

Jongin didn't really have anything against cats, he thought. Dogs were just so much better. They were loyal, and cute, and fuzzy, and cuddly........ there's a reason the dog is called man's best friend. Cats were fine, he supposed, if you didn't have a dog. Like in Egypt, for instance. There were lots of cats in Egypt, but that was just because dogs didn't live there. 

Suddenly, Jongin felt a sharp pain in his hand, jolting him out of his thought. "Aargh!" He glared at the kitten. You little . 

Wait. Uh oh. His hyungs were still watching him. Had they seen his glare?

Jongin looked up from the evil in his lap and peered carefully at his band members. They were relaxed, and not at all feeling-hurt, as far as he could tell. 

"I, uh, love it? Thanks so much hyungs, I, um, appreciate it!"

"Cut the act Jongin," Jongdae said. "We saw that glare. You obviously can't see the real gift here."

"What real gift?" snapped Jongin. "You got me a cat!" Wait! Were the cameras still rolling? Jongin looked at them to check. 

"Don't worry. We knew to turn them off for the last present." 

"Oh, thanks Lay hyung." Lay smiled his caring smile at Jongin. Lay had three smiles: his caring smile, his laughing smile, and his 'what the f is going on, where am I, someone help me, I was totally not zoned out' smile. 

"AS I WAS SAYING!" Jongdae cleared throat for dramatic effects. He took a deep breath, ready to speak, when Baekhyun cut him off. 

"AS HE WAS SAYING!!! Your little brain might be a year older, but it definitely hasn't gotten faster." Jongdae tried to speak again, and Jongin rose to defend himself, but both were cut off by the diva. "We've obviously have given you the great gift of reconciliation!" Baekhyun gestured dramatically, and looked towards Jongin, but he was only met with blank stares. 

"Does he even know what that means?" Jongdae whispered, still miffed that Baekhyun had interrupted him and stolen his words. 

"I think what Baekhyun is trying to say," Chanyeol started, with a questioning glance towards the pouting idol, "is that we have given Jongin the marvelous opportunity to truly get to know cats, well, this cat anyways. Perhaps now he'll learn to appreciate both cats and dogs."

Jongin opened his mouth to speak, but was again cut off, this time by Suho. 

"Remember rule number 436!" Jongin looked at him blankly. 

Suho sighed. "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." 

Jongin continued to stare at Suho, with his perfected #judging look. Suho sighed again. 

When Suho didn't say anything further, Jongin tried to speak yet again, and was finally able to talk uninterrupted. 

"Go eat cake," he growled out. 

For moment there was silence, and then Baekhyun lept up. "CAAAAAAKKKKKKKKEEEEEEE!" he screeched, and everyone else instinctively covered their ears, except for Chanyeol of course, who also jumped and followed Baekhyun into the kitchen like an oversized puppy. 

There was more silence, and then Minseok said "You do realize he will eat all of it, right?" Jongdae, Minseok, and everyone else except for Sehun and Jongin followed the maniac and his dog into the kitchen.

Jongin gave the maknae a questioning look. 

"I was wondering when you'd crack." Sehun leaned back onto the couch and raised his hands up to rest behind his head. 

"What do you mean?" Jongin glanced suspiciously at the younger boy. 

"Oh come on. We all know you don't like cats, and that your 'loving smile' looked much more like a scowl of utter loathing and complete disgust." Sehun smirked. 

"I-" Jongin tried to defend himself. 

"I suggest you back down now, and save what little dignity you have left," Suho advised from the doorway. 

Jongin sighed in defeat. "Just make sure it stays out of my room. Is there any cake left?"