The Reckoning

Kai + Cat

The door banged open. Jongin startled from his seat, and then glared at Chanyeol, who grinned sheepishly before ushering in all of the other members. The last one in, Lay, was carrying a thing, with a towel draped over it. 

Lay placed the box on the coffee table in front of the couch Jongin had been lounging on. Then, smiling, he pulled off the towel with a flourish. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Baekhyun cheered.

Ignoring his crazy hyung (his birthday was three weeks ago), he stared at the pet carrier in front of him. Something meowed inside of it. 

"Aren't you gonna open it? C'mon, you know how much time this took to get? If I knew my efforts would be wasted like this, I wouldn't have bothered."

Jongin glared at Chen, and then turned to Kyungsoo, who seemed the most reliable right now seeing as Lay hyung was doing that weird staring off into space thing again. 

"Is it- is it my cat?"

"Yeah." Kyungsoo smiled his special smile, the one he only gave Jongin and the fans. And occasionally Baekhyun, which was weird. 

"Oh for Pete's sake, do I have to do everything around here?"

As Suho snorted (Baekhyun was one of the laziest members), Baekhyun darted over to the table, and had the carrier open in a flash, dumping the cat onto Jongin's lap. 

"Hyung!" Jongin protested, cuddling the cat maliciously. 

"So, do you want to know how we found it? Or are you just going to wallow in the darkness of ignorance. Like always." Sehun smirked, leaning against the couch. 

Kyungsoo glared. "Maknae," he said warningly.

As Sehun shrunk against the couch (and away from Kyungsoo), Jongin pet the cat murderously. "So how did you find Jongin's cat?"

Suho hyung blinked. "Why are you calling the cat Jongin's cat when you're Jongin?"

As always, everyone ignored the leader. 

"Well, we wanted to get the cat back as soon as possible," Minseok began explaining. "Because some of us felt extremely guilty for leaving a window open."

"IN MY DEFENSE-"

"Chen, shut up. Anyways, we knew we had to stay on schedule, so we couldn't look for the cat, but we did but up signs and inform the pound and stuff. But then-"

"BUT THEN! THEN, SOMEONE HAD THE BRILLIANT IDEA OF-"

"Baekkie," Chanyeol whispered. 

"Yes, dear?"

"You're shouting."

"Oh, thanks for telling me darling. Anyways, then someone (someone meaning me) had the brilliant idea of organizing a bunch of people with absolutely no lives to comb the streets with their sole intention being to please us, aka finding the cat."

Jongin looked at Baekhyun, confused for a second, before realizing what he was trying to say. 

"Oh, so you just asked the fans."

"Ex'actly! Then, when they held the cat hostage (a very smart move, I would've done it myself), we simply let them into the special meet-up we had today for free, they brought the cat, and in exchange for a half-hour of squealing, crying, and doing awkward and embarrassing things-"

"Like what Chanyeol and Baekhyun do on a regular basis," Minseok interjected.

"-we got the cat and they got..." Baekhyun thought for a moment. "Well, one of them got a signed t-shirt. And the rest of them... well... I guess they got the experience of meeting a deity and his mortal friends?"

"Baekhyun."

"And Satan, of course," Baekhyun was quick to correct, before ducking and then dashing out of the room, with Satansoo close behind. 

"You guys did all that? Without even telling me?"

"You're welcome!" Baekhyun called from outside of the room, before a high scream rang out. 

"Hmm. I think that's the highest note Baekhyun has ever hit," observed Minseok. 

"Thank, guys. I appreciate you getting Jongin's cat back," Jongin said grudgingly. 

"Awww, you're welcome-" 

"Suho. SUHO. Get off me, NOW."

As Jongin stormed out of the room and away from his creepy leader (still holding the cat like the villains do in the movies), and the room erupted into chaos (basically the dorm in its usual state), Chanyeol picked up the fork Kyungsoo had thrown at Baekhyun. 

"Where did he even get this from?" Chanyeol wondered aloud. "Or does he just carry a stash of forks with him everywhere. Weird."

"You think, I'm weird?" Kyungsoo asked, appearing out of no where before pulling a fork out of his pocket and throwing it at Chanyeol. 

"BAEKKIE HELP! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!"