The Evil Maknae

Kai + Cat

Throughout the rest of the celebration, Jongin tried to forget the small cat. D. O had placed the small devil in their shared room, and Jongin could only hope the cat wouldn't do anything embarrassing, or mess up his clothes. It definitely didn't help that Sehun (that little bastard) kept meowing in his ear. At one point the annoying maknae even got Jongdae and Baekhyun doing it, although that stopped when D. O threatened them with a spatula. 

At least they had left him a piece of cake. Last year he didn't get any, because Chanyeol ate his. Lay had tried to save a different piece for him, but Chanyeol ate that too. He had tried to enjoy the cake this year, his favorite flavor, but he couldn't. His mind was solely focused on the cat in his room. 

When the celebrations were over, Jongin tried not to rush to his room. He walked as slowly as he could through the dorm. Sehun stopped him right outside his room's door with an evil smirk.

Jongin tried not to sigh aloud in exasperation. "What do you want, pale-face?"

The smirk grew wider. "Oh, I just wanted to wish you happy birthday. Happy Birthday! Also, I hope you like the present I got you."

"Sehun," Jongin said, his exasperation growing. "Sehun, you ate the present you got me."

"But you got to look at it, didn't you?"

Jongin nodded absentmindedly, looking longingly at the door to his room. "That's great."

"Anyways, yeah. Did you like the cake?"

"Mmhm..."

"You didn't? Aww, that's so sad." Sehun tried to make a pouty face, but his evil smirk broke through like sunshine on a cloudy day. 

"Look, Sehun, can you please talk to me later, I really have to go..." 

"You don't want to talk to me? I feel sad. You hurt my feelings. Why, I feel so hurt... I'll tell Satansoo on you-"

Suddenly, the door to Jongin and Kyungsoo's dorm flew open, startling the maknae line. 

"You'll tell who on Jongin?"

Kyungsoo was standing in the doorway giving Sehun the Look. 

Sehun visibly gulped. "Nothing, hyung. I was, um, just talking about cake, and you know, presents, and um, fun things!"

"Sure, pale face."


"Hey! Jongin called me that!"

"Mmhm. Don't forget I know about your 'present' to Jongin. If you want food, I suggest you stay quiet." Kyungsoo glared at Sehun even more, and when Sehun said nothing, Kyungsoo gave him the Look again. 

"Yes, hyung," Sehun said. 

"Hmph. Now you..." Kyungsoo turned to Jongin. "Come with me. We need to rearrange the dorm for your new pet."

Jongin followed Satansoo obediently, only pausing once to stick out his tongue at Sehun before the door closed. Sehun blew a raspberry in return, and Kyungsoo called back "I heard that you !" through the wall. 

"Now, we need to discuss some things. First of all, the cat is sleeping in your bed." 

"But hyung..."

Kyungsoo glared at him. "When I say discuss, it means I talk and you listen. Second, you need to get the litter box from SeHo's room. Sehun must have forgotten to bring it here."

"I'm sure he must've forgotten," Jongin muttered sarcastically. 

Ignoring him, Kyungsoo went on. "Also, it's your responsibility. Let it die, and you die with it. Remember that this wasn't my idea, and that there were no dogs left at the specialty store specifically for cats that ChanBaekChen picked out."

"Wait, they tried to get me a dog?"

Kyungsoo sighed. "Is that really all you got out of that?"

Jongin looked at his hyung blankly. He knew better than to use his perfected #judging look on Satansoo. 

Kyungsoo continued then. "But anyways, yes, they did try to get you a dog. At a specialty cat store we had to all drive four hours round trip to get to."

Jongin blinked, and it was as if a new world had opened up.

Of course his hyungs (plus Sehun) weren't smart or clever enough to devise a plan to make him like cats, and he knew they weren't that evil (he hoped). They simply went to the wrong store (idiots). 

"Can we take the poor thing back?" he asked Kyungsoo. "It makes sense. With the schedule, we won't be able to take care of it, and it'll get lonely."

Kyungsoo was opening his mouth to speak when he was cut short by the door flying open again. 

"NO!" A Baekhyun appeared.