Trembling Heart

Unsteady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16: Trembling Heart 

"Man in a Movie" - Day 6 

"I couldn’t hide my trembling heart
Then you softly smiled at me
Even the sound of the wind
Was like a beautiful melody to me

A person who I thought I only met in my dreams
Is right in front of me
(Only you)
When I close my eyes at night
I fall asleep, drunk with you"

 

    Wonwoo couldn't believe it was already Wednesday, or that he was waking up in his own bed for once, home.  Tomorrow, he would face school head on. Yet unlike the nightmares he'd had before, he’d be accompanied by his best friends. That was the only bright side though. Where he had little to no attention on him before, it would all be on him now. Where he never strayed towards the popular, beautiful or mysterious, he would be consistently accompanied by the biggest combination of all 3, Kim Mingyu. 

 

    Although he had come decently far with his physical therapy on his leg in the past four days, he was far from losing the most notable attention grabber, his wheelchair. On top of that, he was also very bald and very ill looking. 

 

    Of course he couldn't let his very own Mr. Sunshine know how he was feeling, but it was quite difficult to hide. He could only look so apathetic. No matter what he did these days, Mingyu could see right through him anyways. He cared about what they thought. He didn't want people to see him, he didn't want them to care, he didn't want to look weak. 

 

    There were days when Wonwoo wanted nothing more than to just pour all of this out to Mingyu. He questioned why he still couldn’t. Mingyu was his comfort zone because no matter what he did, Mingyu really just stayed the same, happy and hopeful. Mingyu was the only steady thing in his completely unpredictable life. Still, every good health care worker would care about their patients, Mingyu’s investment was just because he was extra good. At least that’s what Wonwoo kept telling himself. Because hope was incredibly dangerous. Almost as dangerous as feelings.

 

——————————————MINGYU POV————————————-

 

    In a way, Wonwoo trying valiantly to hide his fear was kind of cute. He could see the wheels turning in Wonwoo’s head all the time. He’d also spent enough time with Wonwoo at this point to recognize when his facade was slipping and he could read those true facial expressions pretty well. 

 

    What kept Wonwoo’s worry from being cute was what often triggered it, mirrors. On that Wednesday night, the night before Wonwoo would go back to school, they had just been relaxing in Wonwoo’s room all day. Mingyu figured that Wonwoo had enough energy, he’d be fine if they were back by 7PM. 

 

    “Let’s go out.” Mingyu said from where he was sitting on the floor against Wonwoo’s bed. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter