Chapter 3

We Can't be More Than Friends

“YAH JIMIN. What are you doing?”

Taehyung and Namjoon were so worried when Jimin didn’t answer their call or replied to their messages. Jimin was practically missing from morning. Taehyung and Namjoon usually waited for him at the front gate of their college to go to the class together but no this time Jimin didn’t come to college. During break, both of them went to Jin’s office to ask him about Jimin.

“Jin-hyung, do you know where Jimin is? He doesn’t come to college today. Is he sick?”

“I’m not sure about it but he looks okay this morning. He greets me like usually before he went to college.”

“Jimin absent today and I can’t reach him.”

Then Jin called Hoseok to ask about Jimin but the only thing he can hear was the screaming Hosoek panicking about Jimin. Jin managed to tell Hoseok to update him if he happened to know about Jimin. Later that night, around midnight, a friend of Namjoon called him telling that Jimin was drunk at the club he worked at. Namjoon borrowed Jin’s car to go there with Taehyung. When they arrived, Jimin was dancing drunkly with another man who was drunk too. This was the first time they saw him like that as Jimin was not a club person and he hated getting drunk.

“Hey, Jimin, why are you here? What is happening to you?”

“Ah, Hyung, Tae-ah, come dance with me. Let’s dance.”

Jimin pulled Namjoon and Taehyung to the centre forcing them to dance. Both of them were dancing lazily because dancing was not their everyday routine especially Namjoon unlike Jimin who could swing his body smoothly and gracefully to every song played by Dj. They knew it was the exact time to stop when Jimin pulled a stranger to dance with him, it was not wrong to dance with stranger but it could go wrong when the stranger started to grab Jimin waist and Jimin seemed to enjoy it. Taehyung grabbed Jimin waist to move him away from that stranger. Jimin was too drunk to protest about it. After 30 minutes, they reached home and were having difficulties to bring Jimin to his room. Jimin refused to move out of the car if he was not being carried like a princess because he claimed that the ground was shaking and the world was spinning around him.

After so many struggles to bring a first time drunk man, finally Jimin was lying on his bed sleeping. Taehyung and Namjoon helped him to change to a more clean cloth. Taking their final deep breath, they plopped themselves on the bed lying side by side sandwiching Jimin in the middle and they felt to sleep.

 

===

 

“Hyung, wake up. It’s morning. Breakfast is ready.”

Jungkook came to Jimin room to wake him up but what he saw was three men sleeping together with both Taehyung and Namjoon had hugged Jimin side and their faces were so close to Jimin’s face. Namjoon opened his eyes and closed it again before shifting his body closer to Jimin. Jungkook walked to the other side of bed to wake Taehyung and after shaking him for like ten times Taehyung finally opened his eyes to see Jungkook standing there while giving him the best annoyed face ever.

“Come on, hyung. Wake up. I don’t have a day to wake you all up.”

And then Jimin opened his eyes to meet with the best headache ever making him to yelp in pain. Every light that had met his eyes was leaving him a sharp pain to his head. He calmed his body first before trying to open his eyes again and this time the headache seemed to cool down a bit.

“Urghh, morning Jungkook.”

“Morning, Jimin-hyung. Err hyung, do you always sleep together like this. Like in one bed?” Jungkook had this urged to ask Jimin about it and he did asked it.

“Emm, yeah. Sometimes we do sleep together like this. We had known each other for a long time. So sleeping together like this is a normal thing.” Jimin answered Jungkook question while smiling to him while the headache was not fully gone.

“Ah-huh, why? Are you jealous? Do you want to sleep with us like this too?” Taehyung asked him grinning evilly at him while raising both of his eyebrows.

“Eww, no.” Jungkook shrugged back.

“Or you are jealous we got to sleep with Jimin like this? Huh boy, tell me.” Taehyung deadpanned him with that tricky question.

“Err maybe. By the way, breakfast is ready. Come and eat.” With that, Jungkook spring out from the room as fast as he can.

“Wow, Jimin you’ve got a secret admirer.”

“Shut up.” Jimin hit Namjoon shoulder lightly.

“Guys. I have something to tell you two.” Jimin cleared his throat to get his voice back and the air suddenly became too serious.

“What?” Taehyung and Namjoon spoke at the same time.

“I-I have found them.” Jimin started after minutes of silent.

“Them? Who?”

Jimin sighed hardly before opened his mouth to continue telling them his news.

“My-my half brother. I accidently know about it the day before last night.”

“You what?! Oh my god. This is the most shocking news ever. Finally after 7 years of searching for them.”  Taehyung jumped in happiness but stopped when Namjoon asked Jimin about something.

“And you are not happy with it, right? Why? That was the reason why you got drunk last night, right?”

“Emm, yes.”

 

====

 

“Morning Jin-hyung, Hoseok-hyung.”

“Morning Jimin. Are you okay?” Jimin went to kitchen with Namjoon and Taehyung followed him at the back. He took the empty seat beside Hosoek while the other two took the seat beside Jungkook. Being a good dngsaeng, Jungkook passed them their rice one by one and he made sure to smile cutely to Jimin. And Jimin smiled back to him, like an angel, that was the only right phrase to describe Jimin, honestly from Jungkook.

“Yeah, I’m okay. I’m just stressed out because of work. Please don’t worry about me.” Jimin ensured them not wanting them to worry about him.

“But you never react like that before. Did your work really stress you out? You should stop working.”

“Aigoo! Jungkook is actually concern about someone right now. You know he never concern about me like as much as he cares about you Jimin.” Hoseok decided to tease his little brother a bit.

“Well I do care about Jimin-hyung.” Jungkook said that like a big man ready to protect his love one.

“And why is that. You never had shown your concern to anyone before. Did you like our Jimin?”

 Jin asked out of curiosity because he couldn’t let it passed the way Jungkook looked at Jimin or how his voice sounded happy everytime Jimin spoke to him. Jin was not blind to know that his baby brother had fallen in love with Jimin. After that night that Jimin had beaten him up because he thought that Jungkook was a thief, Jungkook stayed at home all the time. Before, he always not at home because he was practicing dancing at his friend place but now he was literally at home all the time. He went straight to home after finished his class. Jungkook would find a time to be with Jimin. He played game with Jimin, reading manga with him and even waking him up in the morning. Jungkook was not a morning person and he was not good with stranger. Jimin had turned Jungkook world upside down and maybe Jin was okay with it.

“Yeah. I like Jimin-hyung a lot.”

Jungkook chose to tell them the truth making them to stop eating. Every head was turning at him but the only Jimin kept eating his rice calmly before raised his hand to ruffle Jungkook hair.

“Ah, you are my good little brother. Of course I like you too dongsaeng-ah.”

Jungkook smiled sadly to Jimin before continue eating his rice. But I love you not as a dongsaeng, hyung was what Jungkook want to reply but Jimin had rejected him in front of everyone and he had made his mind to try his best to make Jimin love him back.

 

===

 

“Jungkook, what are you doing?”

“Ah Jimin-hyung, nothing, just scrolling through my phone.”

It was yet another boring night for Jimin as he didn’t have to work. He was done playing all the games in his phone and had re-reading all of his manga. Jin was busied with his lecture text content writing while Hosoek was sleeping. So it left only Jungkook who was unoccupied with something. Jimin went to Jungkook room while bringing his pillow together, his favourite one. It was a present from his mother.

“Play with me. I’m bored.” Jimin shook him by grabbing his shirt so that he would look at him. And he succeeded when Jungkook stopped playing with his phone to face Jimin. What Jungkook didn’t recall was that the most innocent and cute doe eyes were looking at him and who was him to reject that cute temptation.

“Okay, hyung, what do you want to play?”

“I don’t know. I don’t have any plan actually. Just want to bother you.” Jimin grinned at Jungkook stupidly.

“Hyung. Be serious.”

“Well. I’m serious. I don’t know. I’m just bored and I can’t sleep.”

Jungkook brought his hand to his chin while thinking what the fun game to play was. He clicked his fingers when an idea came out.

“Hyung! How about we get to know each other. Wait here, I’ll go and get our photo album.”

Jungkook stood up and went to his closet searching for his family photo album. After some minutes digging into his closet, he found it and brought it to his bed. He sat in front of Jimin with the album in the middle. Jungkook showed Jimin his childhood photo and talked about his happy memories with his family. Jimin liked the happiness in Jungkook voice when talking about his family. But then suddenly Jungkook face turned to sad when a photo of him with his parents showed up.

“This is my mom and dad. I really love them but they are no longer here with me. They are watching me and hyungs from the sky right now. You know my mom had a flower shop because she likes flower too much. One day my dad surprised my mom by buying the flower shop to her. I miss her so much.”

Jimin smiled at him telling him that everything was okay since he had his hyung to be with him and he was sure that his parents loved him too.

“So hyung, it’s your turn to tell me about yourself.”

“I don’t have much to say.”

It was true. Jimin was just a normal kid. His hometown was in Busan, the same place he had met Namjoon and Taehyung.

“My father died when I was baby. My mom is the second wife and I have another half-brother that I never meet because my mom never allows me to meet them. I don’t know why but I was fine with it. I met Taehyung and Namjoon when I was 10. They both don’t have parents and were living in an orphanage. They are like my own brother to me since my mom invited them to live with us. And we’ve done rather everything together. Sometimes, I wished that Taehyung and Namjoon were my half-brothers. My mom died when I’m 15 because of cancer. She-she is so beautiful. I really miss her. She-she –“

Jimin couldn’t continue because he was sobbing loudly now. Jungkook was panicking not knowing what to do. He wanted to hug Jimin telling him it was okay to cry but he was afraid that Jimin would mad at him and rejected his embrace. But seeing how bad Jimin was crying, he chose to ignore his trembling feeling but hug him instead. Jungkook brought one hand to pat Jimin back while other hands to caress his hair.

“I miss my mom.”

“It’s okay. Please don’t cry. Your mom will be sad if she see his son is crying.”

“I really really miss her.”

“I know. I know.”

“Jungkook-ah.”

Jungkook hummed while still hugging Jimin.

“Can I sleep here with you?”

Jungkook definitely was not stuttering at that question as he nodded his head as fast as lightning.

“Yes you can.”

Finally, he got to sleep with Jimin. No not sleeping like that, don’t get him wrong. They were sleeping fully in cloth with Jimin hugging Jungkook side like a panda hugging a bamboo tree. Jungkook was grinning all the time and maybe his mouth would be cramped in the morning but he didn’t really care about it. What important was Jimin was sleeping with him, not with Taehyung or Namjoon. He was still smiling when Jin waked him up in the morning and Jimin was blushing really bad before running back to his room in a split of second.

“You are so in love kid.”

“Well couldn’t agree more, hyung”