Chapter 10

We Can't be More Than Friends

This chapter explained what had happened in between chapter 2 and chapter 3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Take that. How dare you are trying to steal in our house. JIN-HYUNG, HOSOEK-HYUNG, THERE IS A THIEF IN OUR HOUSE. JIN-HYUNG, HOSEOK-HYUNG.”

Jimin swung the broom repeatedly at the same spot while the figure tried to escape the beat. Suddenly Jimin was being pushed forcefully by a strong hand making his back made a contact with the refrigerator and the broom slipped from his hand.

“Ouchh.”

Jimin whined in pain before froze at the spot when the unfamiliar figure pinned both of his hand above his head and glared at him like a  murderer.

“Who are you?”

Jimin couldn’t talk because his whole body was shaking badly and tears started to cloud his vision.

“Yah Jungkook, let him go.”

Jin whom room was on the first floor rushed to the kitchen when he was awake by the loud screaming of his name. The moment he saw the broad back that was facing the refrigerator, he knew it was his brother named as Jungkook, or muscle-pig, sometimes. Blamed it to all of Jungkook rough and killing dance choreographies that had turned his cute little brother to a muscle pig. 

Jin was kind of forgotten to inform Jimin that his brother would be coming home today and this was the result from it. If Jin was being honest, he wanted to laugh out loud now because his brother had been accused as a thief in his own house.

Jungkook had released Jimin from his grip but his stern gaze was still on him. Jimin used that opportunity to escape himself from Jungkook and ran to hide behind Jin.

“Jimin, don’t be scared. He is my brother, Jungkook.”

“Jungkook?!”

“Yeah! And Jungkook, this is Jimin. Our new renter.”

“No way! Do you in need of money right now?”

And Jin also forgot to tell Jungkook that he had rent one of the rooms to someone from his college that evening when Jungkook came back home. Jin thought that he needed to do some physical check-up since he kept on forgetting thing or was he getting older now?

“No! I’m just helping Jimin since he has a money problem—“

“NO! NOT MONEY PROBLEM—but I just can’t afford to pay the rent after my landlord had raised the rent.”

The yell from Jimin made Jin to flinch that he had put his hand on his chest all of a sudden. Hoseok came to kitchen minutes after that while rubbing his eyes. He asked what had happened before Jin told him the whole story.

“Well, can we go back to sleep?” Hoseok, the one who not fully awake reasoned them to go back to sleep since it was just a misunderstanding.

“I’m sorry, err, Jj-jung kook.” Jimin apologised only after Jungkook had walked pass him. He got No problem as a reply from Jungkook and also a smile.

He smile like a bunny thought Jimin.

 

=====

 

Today was Saturday, meant that Jimin had one day long of free time. And he wanted to use his day to sleep and eat and sleep again. His body was too sore after dancing for a whole week.  He was dreaming about his sweet vacation at Hawaii when someone disturbed his sleep.

“Go away, hyung” Jimin turned his body to face the wall without opening his eyes and his hand was trying to push whoever had shaken his body. Jimin was starting to doze off again when he felt a slight movement on his bed. He stood up from lying way too fast when suddenly he felt a very warm air hitting his ear. He turned 360 degree to scan his room because he swore if that was s ghost, he probably going to faint now. Then his eyes met with Jungkook eyes and the smirk on his face put everything on track. Jungkook was laughing on his way out from Jimin room.

After 5 minutes, Jimin came to kitchen and everyone was having their breakfast.

“Good morning.”

“Good morning hyung.”

“Is today your off day?”

“Yeah.”

“So what are you going to do today?”

“Sleep.”

The sleep still overtook Jimin. He answered to Jin question while resting his chin on the table trying very hard to open his eyes only to open widely when Jin placed a plate filled with food in front of him. Everything about Jimin behaviour was too interesting for Jungkook who had watched it in silent. Cute he muttered that in a very low voice more to himself.

After finishing his breakfast, Jimin went straight to his room and continued sleeping.  

 

====

 

Jimin walked out from his room after 4 or 5 hours of sleeping and went to the living room. Someone was watching the television. Jimin thought that it was Taehyung that made him to sit beside that Taehyung and rested his head on Taehyung shoulder.

“Tae-ah, what are you watching?”

“Gag concert.” Jimin opened his eyes to see at the screen and he nodded.

“Why did your voice sound different? Are you having a cold?”

“No, I’m not. In fact, this is my original voice. And I’m not Tae.” Jimin raised his head and saw a very big grinned was shot towards him by none other than Jungkook.

“Err, I’m sorry. I thought you were my friend.”

“It’s okay, by the way, how old are you?”

“I’m 22.”

“Owh, well I’m 22 too. We’re friends.”

Jungkook was lying about his age because he guessed that Jimin was younger than him seeing how young he looked but the words 22 blew him up.

“Don’t be kidding. You’re younger than Jimin by two years.”

“Ah Hoseok-hyung. I was having fun right now.”

 Hoseok happened to enter to the living room at the same time Jungkook told Jimin about his age. Jimin could only shook his head and continued watching the Gag Concert show ignoring the two adult men who had wrestled on the floor in front of the television.

Jin and Hoseok thought that Jungkook would leave the house again on Sunday night like how he used to but this time Jungkook chose to stay not for the night but for the whole week. He went school on Monday and later that afternoon Hoseok was shocked to see Jungkook on the kitchen drinking water.

At night, Jungkook went to his dance practice and would only back home at midnight. When he didn’t have dance practice, the only thing Jungkook was doing was invading Jimin privacy. Whenever he saw that Jimin was doing nothing in particular, he brought his laptop to Jimin room forcing him to watch a movie together. Or sometimes, Jungkook would go to Jimin room just to let Jimin to listen to his new favourite song.

The only time he wouldn’t interrupt Jimin was when Taehyung and Namjoon came over. He once did interrupt Jimin but Jimin ignored him because he was too immersed in talking with Taehyung and Namjoon. His presence was unnoticed by Jimin and Jungkook could sense the smirk from Taehyung and Namjoon when he walked out from the room.

 

One night, when he went to Jimin room, it was empty. He looked in the kitchen, at the living room and even in the toilet. But Jimin was nowhere to be found. His feet ran to Hoseok room when he heard the laugh, a very angelic laugh was coming from Hoseok room.

“Jimin-hyung, I was looking for you.”

“What did you want this time Jungkook-ah?”

“What are you doing here?”

“I’m just having a little conversation with Hoseok-hyung?”

“About what?”

“Nothing, just random thing.”

“Okay, can I talk to you after you finish talking with Hoseok-hyung?”

“Well, I don’t know when will I finish talking with Hoseok-hyung but I’ll try.”

“Okay, hyung. Good night.”

Then Jungkook closed the room and walked to his room sadly.

 

===

 

Hoseok was telling Jimin about his funny childhood memory when Jungkook came to Hoseok room. Jimin was bored that night and decided to go to Hoseok room since he missed talking to Hoseok.

“Jimin, do you want to see my family photo album?”

“Sure.”

After 30 seconds, Hoseok was back with 3 albums in his hand. The first album was the collection of Jin, Hoseok and Jungkook childhood. It filled with their baby pictures to their middle school pictures.

“This is Jin-hyung.” The first picture in the photo album was Jin, the second was Hoseok and the third was Jungkook.

“Wow, Jin-hyung is handsome from when he is baby. I bet your father must be handsome too.”

“Of course, do you want to see him.”

“Yes, I want.”

Hoseok reached for the photo album named as MY FAMILY. Carefully he opened it and he took out the first picture in it to give it to Jimin.

“This is my father and my mother.” There were two young people in the photo and Jimin knew one of them, he had seen the man in the photo. Jimin was thinking hard at where he had seen that man.

“Tt-this your father?”

“Yeah, why? He is really handsome, don’t you think so?”

“Yeah, he is handsome.”

Jimin knew him. That man was the man who had made his mother to suffer. The man who had abandoned his mother when she needed him the most. The man who had refused to look at his face, to even recognised Jimin as his son. Jimin didn’t know whether to thank God or to blame God for making his fate like this. He was happy because now he had found his half-brother which mean that he could took his revenge but somehow he was sad too because Jimin already loved them as his own family.

“Hyung, I’m tired. Can I go to sleep now?”

“Yes, sure.”

 

====

 

The next morning, he skipped his class to wander around alone. He was confused and sad. He couldn’t think of anything. He wanted to scream, to laugh, to cry but none of it would help him. The only thing he knew could help him was getting drunk. He chose random nighclub and ordered a very strong alcohol. After gulping the first glass, his strong bitter taste of the alcohol gave him a headache but he ignored it when he took the second glass.

Then his world started to spin. After taking the third glass, he walked to the centre of the club and moved his body to the song played by the dj. His problem seemed to disappear and Jimin danced forgetting about what had happened last night.

“YAH JIMIN. What are you doing?”

Jimin was dancing when he heard a very familiar voice. He turned his head and saw his two best friends standing in front of him with a very angry look on them.

“Ah, Hyung, Tae-ah, come dance with me. Let’s dance.”