Chapter 14

We Can't be More Than Friends

Jin-hyung, I was so happy when you offered one of the rooms in your house to me and there is none other than thank you that I could offer to reply back your kind deed. You’re a very good and kind-hearted person I’ve ever seen in my life. You take care of me, feed me food but never ask anything in return. But I’m the bad person, after what you had done to me, I still have the gut to take away your happiness from you. I’m sorry, I’m really sorry and I know my apology never can repay back what have I done but I just want you to know that I’m really sorry. Hyung, I love you so much and I hope that you’ll find someone that can love you back as much as you love him.

Hoseok-hyung, do you still remember the story that I’ve told you? Yes, it actually my story and now it has an end. Although it is not a happy ending but I’ve gained so much love from you and your brothers that I can cherish it for the rest of my life. It’s just that I hope that I never knew that we are indeed brothers and maybe none of this would happen. Hoseok-hyung, you’re the most cheerful person in this world and I hope you’ll keep on spreading your sunshine to everyone. I hope you’ll know what you really want in your life and then please hold onto it so that you can be happy. I love you so much too Hyung.

Jungkook-ah, I’m sorry and I love you too. I don’t know what to say anymore since it’s really hurt to love you. I want to reach you, to hold you but doing it will only left us in pain. Just forget about me and find someone who can hold you without breaking you apart. I heard that you’ve won the dance competition, congratulation and I was really glad that you got to participate in it. Don’t worry I’ll always support you from a far.

Lastly, I hope that one day if you guys meet me or happen to see me, please just walk pass me and don’t turn back to me because I can’t bring myself to face you after what I’ve done to you guys.

 

=======================ONE YEAR AND SIX MONTHS LATER============================

 

“YAH! TAEHYUNG-AH! Stop eating it and please work now” Said the tallest guy among the four who had been in the strawberry farm for more than 2 hours since 6.00 Am in the morning picking their well-harvest strawberry.

 “Okay, okay, I’m doing it now. Don’t you see it?” Taehyung replied to Namjoon while still munching the strawberry in his mouth clearly ignored the death glare from Namjoon. He was starting to regret his decision to work in pair with Namjoon when all he could hear was the nagging sound from Namjoon scolding him whenever he ate the strawberry. Namjoon rolled his eyes when Taehyung told him that he only had one or maybe two strawberries from the beginning.

 The other side of the farm, there were Jimin and Yoongi picking the strawberry with much silent and their baskets were filled with strawberry. They only needed about 10 or 15 more to finish their 5 baskets for the day while Namjoon side only had 3 baskets filled with strawberry. They could finish with 5 baskets too if Taehyung picked the strawberry to fill the basket instead of his own stomach.

“Joonie-ah.” An old lady approach Namjoon making him to stop nagging at Taehyung. He turned at her and she smiled at him while waving her hand to motion Namjoon to come closer.

“Yes, grandma.”

“Tomorrow, some people from Seoul will come here to visit my flower farm and I want you to assist them because tomorrow I’ve promised one of my grandchilds to go shopping with her. Don’t worry, you don’t have to explain a thing about flower to them since I’ve assigned my other assistant to do it. You just have to show their way to the farm and maybe take them to lunch if they want it. Can you do it for me?”

“Okay grandma. I understand.” Then Namjoon went back to his job while informing about that to Jimin, Yoongi and Taehyung.

“Seoul-ah?”  Yoongi didn’t direct that question to anybody but he knew everyone heard it especially Jimin since he stopped walking for a second before continuing while carrying the basket.

“Ji—“

“Okay, let go eat. I’m hungry.” Jimin words cut off other words and no one dared to interrupt more. The silent stare that Namjoon gave to Yoongi and Taehyung was enough to show that they shouldn’t bring that topic in front of Jimin as he would fall into a pool of emotion again.

 

=====

 

“Hyung, are we there yet?”

“No, we’re not Jungkook-ah. Just sleep and I’ll wake you up when we reach there.” This maybe the tenth times Jungkook asked that to Jin and Hoseok who sat at the front seat in 2 hours. Jin who was driving started to get annoy at Jungkook question but he managed to calm himself down and Hoseok dealt it by sleeping after 30 minutes they started their journey.

“This is exactly why I don’t want to follow you. Why can’t I be at home instead of coming here with you? In fact, this is something that Hoseok-hyung had always done it alone. Why do we---“

“Jungkook! It our vacation, remember. Yes, it’s true we have to finish our work first but later when everything is settled we’ll start our vacation there. Forgot about our busy life for a while and enjoy the fresh air there. Please, stop complaining and sleep if you’re bored. Please, I need to focus on my driving.”

“Fine, Fine! Wake me up when we’re there.”

Jungkook plucked earphone to his ear and playing random song on his phone on the highest volume that Jin could also hear it from his seat. He was fine with it as long as Jungkook stopped complaining.

It was 2 weeks ago when Hoseok suggested for them to go for a short vacation. There was a flower farm that captured Hoseok attention and he wanted to pay a visit there to watch the flower by his own eye before deciding whether to put it at his flower shop or not. Jin was immediately agreed as he was tired and in need of some fresh air to clear his mind. Jungkook, well he didn’t want to follow them at first but Hoseok and Jin forced him to follow them.

The grandma that was in charge of the flower farm had called Hoseok yesterday telling him that she was not available tomorrow but she had assigned her assistant to help them. A boy named Joonie would guide them to the flower farm and they needed to meet him by 9.00 Am. When Jin car was nearing a beautiful wooden house, he saw a boy wearing a cap hiding half of his face was waiting in front of the house.

“Jungkook, Hoseok, wake up. We’re here.” Slowly, they opened their eyes to look closely at their surroundings. It was so calm and silent. There was no vehicles engine sound and the view was magnificent like picture from book. They get out from the car after sure enough that their appearance was presentable.

“Jj-jin-hyung?”

“Namjoon?” The four of them froze on their spot not knowing what to do before Namjoon came closer and took his cap out from his head to show his face more clear than before.

“Namjoon-ah!”

“Namjoon-hyung!” Both Hoseok and Jungkook yelled his name at the same time before running to hug him making him to jolt back due to shock. He hugged them back.

“Namjoon, how are you? We miss you. We-we had searched you everywhere and here you are hiding from us. Why did you run away from us? Is Jimin here with you? Taehyung? Yoongi?---“

“I’m sorry.” Namjoon could only hang his head low hearing all the words from Hoseok. Then he started to panic since Yoongi, Taehyung and Jimin would be back to the house to eat breakfast at any time from now. Of course Taehyung would scream in happy to see them because he was missing them so much and Yoongi too didn’t have any problem with meeting him again but not to Jimin. Namjoon could imagine the reaction from Jimin when he saw them.

“Namjoon-hyung, can I see Jimin-hyung. I’ve lot of things to say to him.”

“I-I don’t know. Can you please go back home? Jimin will be sad if he see you now. He-he still couldn’t accept what he had done to you and—“

“NAMJOON-HYUNG, today Jimin ate lots of strawberry when you’re not there to scold him.”

Taehyung shouted Namjoon name when he was like 30 metre away without noticing the three men that were standing in front of Namjoon. Jimin and Yoongi walked behind him with a basket in each hand. When they were nearing, Taehyung seemed to realise that Namjoon had to meet the visitor that grandma told him yesterday.

 Taehyung wanted to apologise for his rude behaviour but when finally he met them, his eyes opened widely while he gasped for an air.

“J-jin-hyung?” Jimin stopped walking when he heard that name while Yoongi turned to see Jimin who had paled by that time. Finally, when all the three heads turned to look at him, his hand became limped but thanked to Yoongi who was fast enough to grab the basket from falling.

Jimin was still freezing like a stone statue when Jin and Hoseok ran to hug him. He knew they were talking to him but no sound could be heard. Their lips were moving but no sound was produce. Then when his eyes met with a pair of eye who stood beside Namjoon, his could feel his heart was beating again as it was alive again.

And then Jungkook walked to him step by step without breaking his focus to Jimin. He hugged Jimin after saying how much he missed him but Jimin still in the same position as before.

“Hyung, why are you crying?” He cupped Jimin face to wipe the tear away and hugged him again bringing Jimin head to his shoulder. Somehow Jungkook hand on his back calmed him down.

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.”

“Hey, it’s okay. Hyung, everything is okay. We’re okay.”

They stayed in each other arms afraid to let go but Jimin the first to break the hug and he only smiled when he saw the little pout on Jungkook face.

“Let’s get inside.”

 

=================================

 

They sat in the living talking and updating about their life for the past one year. Jin was still teaching and guiding student at their college in acting while doing his theatre performance. Hoseok was busy finding and collecting flower for his flower shop. He liked living his life around flower because flower helped him to shine.

Jungkook stopped dancing and now was preparing himself to be a policeman. His loved dancing since it was his life, his passion and his soul but he realised that he wanted to be beneficial to other people. Jungkook had saved a lady from being robbed one year ago and the feel of being useful to someone was overwhelming enough for him to make a decision to be a policeman.

“So, tell me what are you four doing in here?” Hoseok asked them after finished updating about his life.

“This is my hometown. We moved here two weeks after Jimin waked up and a grandma offered us to work at her farm. We’ve been helping her for one year and six months I guess. We’re good and living fine here. “

“I could see that.”

“Yeah.”

“I-I was sad and angry after I knew about what you’ve done to me, to my family. I wish I could stay mad at you all but I couldn’t do that. I have come to love you all so much that I could never get mad at you. And I was so sad when you left us without any news. We’re so worried since we didn’t know a thing about Jimin condition. We kept on searching for you all but nothing. It’s like you disappeared completely from this world.”

“I’m sorry Jin-hyung. It was my fault. I’ve dragged Namjoon-hyung, Yoongi-hyung and Taehyung in this with me because I was too engrossed in taking my revenge. I wish I had realised back then that what had happened to my mother was not your family fault.”

“Jimin, it’s okay. Let forget everything and we should start a new story, a new life. I’m so happy that you’re my brother. To know that we shared same blood makes me happy and relief since I know it is not wrong to love you so much.”

Hoseok said the same thing with Jin that had made Jimin to smile brightly. The only person that couldn’t say that word was Jungkook. He could only smile when Jimin called him dongsaeng. Jungkook could feel the pain in his heart; it’s felt like someone had stabbed him with a sharp knife straight to his heart because the smile on Jimin lip was nothing than a fake one.

Jimin stood up to go to kitchen to prepare for lunch since today was his turn in doing it. He declined Jin offer to help him. The others were still talking non-stop basically about nothing in particular. In the middle of the conversation, Jungkook stood up telling them that he wanted to help Jimin in the kitchen.

“Jimin-hyung, can I help you?”

“Oh. I’m almost finishing.”

Jungkook walked to stand beside Jimin who was standing in front on the stove stirring his well-made soup. The two of them knew that their heart was beating crazily but were doing nothing to ease since it was not a wrong act.

“Hyung, I really love you.”

“I know. But you know---“

“Do you love me? Please be honest with me. I’m not asking you as a brother but as someone who love you, who wanted to be with you for the rest of your life. I’m asking as someone who wanted to share my everything with you, wanted to be your first in everything.”

“I do. I really love you but nothing can happen between us. I too wanted that. I want to be able to call yours and you’re mine but you’re my brother. You are my brother, Jungkook-ah. The blood in my body is the same blood in yours. It’s wrong---“

“Hyung, I can be yours and you can be mine. It’s not wrong.”

“What are you talking about, Jungkook-ah.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I know this is supposed to be the last chapter but I've decided to add one more chapter. So, by reading this chapter I supposed you all have had some idea about the ending. ^.^

And please don't laugh at my letter. I'm at writing a letter. 

Then, see you in the next chapter. :-)