Chapter 12

We Can't be More Than Friends

“Owh, you’re back. Great. Dinner is ready. I’ve invited Jung-Gyu to have dinner with us.”

Jimin went home with Hoseok and Jungkook and saw Jin was watching television with his boyfriend, Jung-Gyu. He was handsome and tall, no wonder Jin had fallen deeply for him but Jimin had another agenda in his mind that night. He would use his cute and y face to flirt with Jung-Gyu until he felt into his trap.

Jimin could sense the lust in Jung-Gyu eyes by the way he was looking at him. After Jin had introduced his boyfriend, he shook hand with him and Jimin gave him his best killer smile. He was satisfied since his plan was starting to work when Jung-Gyu slightly touched his hand after the shake.

Jin didn’t notice how flirty his boyfriend was when he replied back all the flirting from Jimin. When Jimin brushed his feet to Jung-Gyu one, he could the smirk on Jung-Gyu face while his lip in front Jimin. And finally when Jung-Gyu gave Jimin his namecard, he wanted to jump in happy but he halted himself from doing it.

The next day, he went to meet Taehyung and Namjoon to inform them about his good news.

“Yah, guess what?”

“What? You win a lottery?”

“No Tae-ah. Last night—“ Jimin took out a card from his pocket and showed it to his friends.

“—I got this.”

“Kim Jung-Gyu.” Namjoon read the name on the card and that name did sounded familiar to him. He took some time to think about it and when he remember completely who was it, his eyes turned wide and Jimin was grinning at him.

“No way, how did you get it.”

“Hyung, who is this guy?” Taehyung who didn’t know who Jung-Gyu was asked them in annoyed because he felt like he was left behind. He didn’t like the silent sight between Namjoon and Jimin. It was like they were talking about a very big secret.

“Jin boyfriend.”

“No way! Jimin-ah, you really are something. So, what are you going to do about it?”

“Well, I came here to ask you about it. I want to text him but I don’t want to do it alone because he is so flirtatious. I think I’ll die alone by his flirting words.”

Later that night, Taehyung and Namjoon helped Jimin to text Jung-Gyu. First, Jimin would send a message to Jung-Gyu introducing himself. One message led to another message and after one hours of texting each other, Jimin started to flirt and Jung-Gyu replied back with the same amount of flirting. Namjoon and Taehyung were cringing everytime they read the conversation between Jimin and Jung-Gyu.

Jimin named Jung-Gyu as tiger but only Taehyung and Namjoon knew about it. He continued texting with Jung-Gyu and sometimes Jung-Gyu would call him talking but mostly flirting with him asking him out for lunch or dinner. Of course Jimin would reject his offer by telling him he was busy with work or college. It was his plan to make Jung-Gyu to want him badly and when he felt that he had enough with teasing, Jimin started his next mission. He invited Jung-Gyu to the house for lunch. But Jung-Gyu knew, by lunch meant for another thing. They won’t be eating literally. And Jimin had planned all this with Namjoon and Taehyung while Yoongi just listened to their plan.

 

=========

 

From: Tiger-nim

Wow, sounds good. See you tomorrow and make sure that no one can interrupt me while I’m taking my meal.

 

To: Tiger-nim

I’ll make sure to lock my door.

 

From: Tiger-nim

Good boy..

 

Jimin was shivering at his own text message but it was done and finally tomorrow the day when he could see the sad look on Jin face. What if Jin was heartbroken really bad and suicide? What if Jung-Gyu didn’t come tomorrow? What if he failed? Lots of question popped out in Jimin mind but he shrugged it off and prepared for tomorrow.

First he had to fake his fever so that he won’t be going for college tomorrow. Jimin google-ed on how to fake a fever and he took note one or two valuable steps. The most important part was making his body temperature increase. To do that he needed a thick sweater, lots of blanket and onion. Jimin wore 3 pairs of thick sweater to replace the blanket since he only has one blanket.

Onion? One of the internet sites suggested keeping a raw onion under armpit for whole night and the next morning because it could help to increase body temperature. With 3 pairs of thick sweater, a shirt inside and two onions under his armpit, Jimin took his sleep wrapped in his blanket. It was so hot and uncomfortable at first but after one or two hours of calculating the sheep, he managed to sleep.

The next morning, Jimin waked up early, sweating like hell and he could feel his body was feeling hot than usual. The next thing to do was taking a bath. Usually, Jimin would bath with warm water but that day he chose hot water but not high enough to burn his skin. He stayed in hot water for 1 hour. It was working because now he felt like he was having a real fever. His body was too hot and sweating like a waterfall.

Jin came to Jimin room later because Jimin was not coming out from his room to breakfast. Seeing how bad Jimin was wrapping in the blanket made him run to see what had happened. Jin could feel the high temperature of Jimin body when he touched his forehead. Immediately, Jin cooked porridge for Jimin and helped him to eat.

Everyone in the house refused to leave worrying about Jimin sick condition. He felt so bad and nearly text Namjoon to cancel their plan for today but the evil in him took over his mind and he deleted the text message without sending it to Namjoon. Jimin ensured that he was okay to be alone.

He was so nervous waiting for the clock to turn to 1. He couldn’t sit still because his body was trembling like leaf. At 12.40 he got a messaged from Namjoon telling him that they were heading home now. Jimin was starting to panic because Jung-Gyu was not arriving yet.

After 10 minutes panicking about everything, he heard a door bell. He opened the door to see Jung-Gyu standing in front of him smiling at him.

“I though you wouldn’t come.”

“Well, can’t resist the good offer indeed. Are you not going to invite me inside?”

“Oh, I’m sorry. Come in.”

Jimin stepped to his right to give Jung-Gyu some space and they walked inside to the couch.

“I don’t see any food on the table. I bet you’ll give my lunch in another form then.”

“It’s depending on you. So, what kind of lunch do you want?”

Slowly, Jung-Gyu grabbed him by his waist and brought him closer. They sat chest to chest while Jung-Gyu traced his hand from Jimin finger to his cheek. Jimin had to ball his fist to stop himself from shaking. He brought his shaking hand to clutch his own shirt.

The moment Jung-Gyu wanted to kiss him, his phone signalling him that he had got a message. He stopped him from kissing his lip and thank to Namjoon in his mind. He didn’t have to read the message to know that Namjoon was in front of his apartment.

“Jung-Gyu sshi, it’s better if we carry this inside my room. Don’t want to dirty the couch.”

“Okay, sure. Lead me.”

 Jimin held his hand and guided him to his room. Jimin released Jung-Gyu hand to close the door. Then he went to his bed lying on it while motioning Jung-Gyu to come near. When Jung-Gyu reached at his bed, he forced him to hover above him and started to his shirt slowly one by one while smiling seductively at him.

Then another message was coming and he knew it was his cue to act now. He looked straight at Jung-Gyu and smirked at him.

“Welcome to my trap, Mr tiger.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“AHHH! HELP ME! GET OFF OF ME!”

“Yah, why are you yelling like that?”

When he heard that his door was being opened roughly, he started to cry and forcing himself to look pity and struggling under Jung-Gyu big body. Even Namjoon was shocked to see the position Jimin was in. the second shocking moment was when Hoseok hit Jung-Gyu with all his strength.

“Yah, Jimin-ah! Wow you’re so-- just wow.” Namjoon whispered to him when he hugged the crying Jimin. “Hyung, I got jams okay.” He whispered back to Namjoon.

 

========

 

“Jimin-ah, what did you do to fake that cry?”

Namjoon asked him when they were staying inside his room with Taehyung and Yoongi.

“I-I just thinking about my mom.”

“So, Jimin tell me, good news or bad news?” Yoongi who was sitting beside Taehyung decided to ask Jimin eventhough he already the answer to it.

“Ah hyung, that one is so obvious. Of course it is good news.”

“So tell me the detail?”

“What detail taehyung-ah?”

“How did you seduce him? You know he could do something bad to you if Namjoon-hyung was late to come.”

“I know that but I believe you hyung. I know you will come. But nope I won’t tell you about it. It’s make me to throw up and it’s so disgusting. I felt so dirty and I need to bath to get rid his body smell on me.”

 

After listening about one hour of Taehyung lesson on how to harvest a strawberry, he went to the kitchen to get some water. Namjoon was long asleep on his bed while Yoongi and Taehyung were cuddling besides sleeping Namjoon and Taehyung couldn’t stop his mouth from talking about the strawberry. At the kitchen he saw Jin was sitting alone on the chair while sighing every single time.

“Hyung, what are you doing here?”

“Oh Jimin-ah, nothing. I’m just—“

“Hyung, you should’ve have think about what had happened before. It’s not your fault.”

“I know but I just—I love him so much you know and I thought he would change for me but now I know. He won’t.”

Jimin took a seat beside Jin and hugged him. Jin couldn’t hold his emotion and poured it while crying in Jimin arm. He wanted to laugh at Jin heartbroken but he couldn’t do that because deep down in his heart, he was feeling so guilty. So the only thing he could do was being there for Jin hearing to everything Jin had told him.

That night, Jin told him everything about his relationship with Jung-Gyu. Jin knew his boyfriend was a playboy and liked to play around. He was falling too hard that he thought he could change Jung-Gyu to a good man. Jung-Gyu was a good boyfriend to Jin. He never neglected Jin and never raised his voice or hand to Jin but the only thing he couldn’t afford to provide Jin was his love. He never loved Jin and Jin knew about it.

“Hyung, I know how you feel.”

“Do you love someone now?”

“Yes but I know we couldn’t make it.”

“Why?”

“I just know. I’m a bad person and I don’t deserve to love or being love by someone.”

“Jimin, have you tried it? To love that person?”

“Yes, I have. But I should not have loved him because it was wrong. We both can’t be in love. There is something between us that wouldn’t allow us to be together.”

“Urmm, Jimin-ah. How about Jungkook? I think my brother like you so much. Can you consider his feeling?”

Jimin just smiled at Jin question.

“Hyung, it’s late. Let sleep.”

Jin stood up while felling so frustrated because Jimin didn’t answer his question. He couldn’t read Jimin heart because he was too secretive. Sometimes, he felt that Jimin liked his brother back but sometimes he felt that Jimin was treating Jungkook as his little dongsaeng only.

The truth was Jimin liked Jungkook too, he even loved him but he knew they were not meant to be together because Jungkook was his brother. They shared the same blood. It was so hard for him to control his own feeling but there was nothing he could do to stop his feeling.