Chapter 2

We Can't be More Than Friends

Ding Dong

“Hyung, it must be Jimin.”

Hoseok ran to the front door really fast that he could break the world record made by Usain Bolt. He almost banged the door if he doesn’t stop rightly in front of the door to quickly unlock his house digital door lock.

“Wow, you’re so cute.” Was the first word came out from him when seeing Jimin standing in front of his house while holding a very big luggage that he himself can filled in it.

“Err, hi. I’m Jimin.” Jimin scratched his back of the neck awkwardly not knowing what to do. Fortunately, Namjoon was there to save the moment.

“Yah, Hoseok, you want us to come in or not.”

Namjoon same aged as Hoseok of course had spoken informally with him because they had known each other starting from the first year in college. Jimin and Taehyung only knew him as Mr. Kim brother and never had a chance to get to know him.

Hoseok gave them a way to enter his house and when Jimin made his way in after Namjoon, Hoseok took the luggage from his hand to help him carry it inside. Taehyung who was walking behind Jimin smirked as he knew someone had crushed on Jimin. Jin helped Namjoon to put the box in his hand to the floor and did the same to Taehyung. Jimin only brought one big luggage and two boxes since he didn’t have much thing. The luggage full with his clothes while the box which Namjoon had carried occupied with his books and college stuff, while the other box sizing about 50 cm long and 30 cm tall, had 2 packets of ramen, a small gold colored tin pot and 1 portable gas stove in it.

“Is this all? You’re so simple.”

“Yes, I don’t have much thing, Mr. Kim.”

“Oh just call me Jin-hyung. We are housemates, let us not be so formal with each other. And this is Hoseok, my brother. Don’t be scared of him, he just has soft spot to cute guy.”

Jimin was smiling while blushing at Jin word.

“I hope you don’t mind that I bring my friends along.”

“It’s okay, Besides, I’ve already known Namjoon and what is your name?” Jin pointed his finger to Taehyung to ask for his name.

“I’m Taehyung. Jimin number 1 boyfriend and I’m the in the second place for Jimin most loved person. I’m Namjoon-hyung first kiss—“

“YAH! Why are telling that to everyone.”

Namjoon shot Taehyung a death glare while yelling at him to stop him from mumbling impropriate stuff. Taehyung was being Taehyung that had a not weird but unique personality to burst out about his first kiss in front of the stranger he had met in 5 minutes.

“You two had kissed each other?” Jin asked them sounded a bit jealous but no one noticed it. Jin and Namjoon were friends and sometimes liked to flirt with each other but never admit that they were in love.

“Yeah, and Taehyung had kissed Jimin too. Let just say that we are very close like really close and we had kissed once, only once.” Namjoon answered Jin question while sighed hardly probably remembering back the moment they had kissed each other.

“This stupid alien wanted to know the feeling of kissing different kind of people.” Jimin added while pointing one of his fingers to Taehyung.

“Not people but I want to know how it feels to kiss different kind of lip. You’re lip are soft and plump while Rapmon lip is thin.” Taehyung corrected Jimin with a very demanding voice.

“Whatever. Jin-hyung, where is my room?”

“Oh I’m sorry. Follow me.”

Jimin room was on the second floor, the third room, the smallest one but he never complained it because eventhough it was smaller but still two times bigger than his previous room. The first room straight from the stair was Jin youngest brother room, Jungkook and the second one on the right was Hoseok. His room was completed with a queen bed, side table, big wardrobe and one toilet.

“Wow, you rent this big room with the cheapest price ever. Oh my god.”

“Well, I just have an empty room and you need a room desperately. Besides, money is not my biggest problem, but my brothers are.”

“I’ve been a good brother for you and Jungkook is still adopting his adult life.” Hoseok faked his sad voice while giving his best puppy eyes.

“I hope so. Okay Jimin, I leave you here to unpack your things and dinner will be ready at 8.00 PM.”

“Okay, Jin-hyung. Thank you.”

Then Jin left the room while grabbing Hoseok by his wrist because he was too stubborn to move his feet from leaving Jimin’s room. Namjoon and Taehyung plopped themselves on Jimin new bed, wow, their eyes opened widely when their body bounced back after made a contact with the thick spring mattress covered with a 3D bed sheet. Jimin just shook his head at his friends childish act.

“Yah, hyung, I think Jin-hyung is jealous when I said that we had kissed before. I bet he likes you.” Taehyung broke the silence after Jin and Hoseok stepped out from the room after closing the door.

“Nah, don’t be silly. He already has boyfriend.”

“He did? Wow, I really thought that you two have something.”

“Nope, we are just friends.”

Jimin and Taehyung nodded while looking to each other but their eyes denied whatever Namjoon had told them because the between him and Jin was so obvious.

He did not need much time to unpack his thing, maybe in 30 minutes, he would finish unpacking. Jimin made a way to the wardrobe hidden behind a wall in front of his bed. Just slide the wall to the right to open it. The wardrobe was too big for his clothes but Jimin still used it to place his clothes. After 5 minutes struggling on how to make the space looked more occupied rather than plain empty, he stepped out from it satisfied with his complete work.

Namjoon and Taehyung were still lying with mouths opened a bit, eyes closed tightly and body not moving at all, too comfortable to make them fallen asleep. Jimin took none initiative to wake them up because right now he had the quite atmosphere that he liked the most. Not like he didn’t like the noisy environment his friends made but sometimes Jimin just need a calm surrounding for him to think about his life, his future plan or about his new dance choreography for his next assignment.

 

~~~~~Time’s skipped~~~~~

Today was like another day, restless and tired day for JImin who had practiced his dance assignment for more than 100 hundreds times in 5 hours. Even Taehyung got tired from watching him dance. Jimin managed to stop himself when Yoongi, his senior who had helped him produced a beat to his dance came to nag at him because Taehyung won’t budged from his spot. Yoongi was one and only Taehyung boyfriend, well according to him but not to Taehyung. This is because Taehyung claimed that Jimin was his first boyfriend and Namjoon was the second one while Yoongi was his third. Don’t get him wrong, Yoongi was his real boyfriend, he loved Yoongi with all his might but the love he had for Jimin and Namjoon beyond the normal one. Yoongi knew it, he accepted the bonding that they have and Taehyung never neglected him or he never felt he was being neglected.

“Jimin, can you please stop? I want my Tae back.”

“I’m sorry Yoongi-hyung. Yah Tae, why did you stay with me here? You should go with Yoongi-hyung.”

“Because I like to hear the song that my boyfriend had made.”

Taehyung said while smiling sheepishly, walking towards Yoongi who had opened his arm for Taehyung. Then, Taehyung faked his yawn and slowly put his head on Yoongi shoulder making Jimin to give him the best annoyed face ever. Taehyung showed his love in the weirdest way ever. Like when Jimin asked him why did he hang a grey sweater, smaller than his size in his room but never to wear it or wash it, then Jimin just rolled his eyes the moment Yoongi name came out. It was Yoongi’s sweater that he wore during their first date. Taehyung stole it secretly and hang it so that when he missed him, the sweater that had Yoongi’s scent on it can be the replacement.

Yoongi and Taehyung walked Jimin to his house. He waved them goodbye before locked the door. The house was silent and dark because everyone was probably deep in sleep now. Jimin walked to the couch and clicked the table lamp enough to lighten the place before sinking down on the couch. He was too tired to walk to his room as he decided to sleep on the couch. Jimin wide awake when he heard a sound coming from the kitchen, like someone was searching something in hurry. Carefully, he tiptoed to the kitchen to meet unfamiliar backside, the figure was tall but doesn’t have broad shoulder, definitely not Jin. Hooseok has long face but this figure not matched to it. Jimin searched for something and stopped when his eyes laid on a broom standing proudly next to the kitchen table. He grabbed it without making any sound and carefully walked to the figure that was standing in front of the cabinet. While counting 1 2 3 in his mind, he swung the broom hardly on the figure’s back making him shouted an ahh.

“Take that. How dare you try to steal in our house. JIN-HYUNG, HOSOEK-HYUNG, THERE IS A THIEF IN OUR HOUSE. JIN-HYUNG, HOSEOK-HYUNG.”

Jimin swung the broom repeatedly at the same spot while the figure tried to escape the beat. Suddenly Jimin was being pushed forcefully by a strong hand making his back made a contact with the refrigerator and the broom slipped from his hand.

“Ouchh.”

Jimin whined in pain before froze at the spot when the unfamiliar figure pinned both of his hand above his head and glared at him like a  murderer stare.

“Who are you?”

Jimin couldn’t talk because his whole body was shaking badly and tears started to cloud his vision.

“Yah Jungkook, let him go.”