The Valid Point

The Arranged Marriage

The early morning began in the heir’s office.

Due to all the recent events, Taemin had laid off on getting any work done but he felt it was necessary to get back in the groove of things. Last night he spent his time until late hours to finish up what he could, yet it still wasn’t enough for him to feel satisfied and back on track. With the aid of his whiskey, Taemin was solely focused on the work that rested in front of him on his desk.

The unexpected sharp thud of a knock on the door interrupted Taemin’s steady flow.

Putting down his black pen and stretching his arms, “Come in.”

Carefully pushing open the door, Jongin enters alongside Victoria. The tall sleek looking woman remained with her infamous poker face, one that Taemin hadn’t expected so early in the morning.

“Ms. Song, what brings you here on this early morning?” Taemin asks motioning for her to sit down on the chair available in front of the desk.

Going to the seat, “I was looking for Jinri to only be told that she’s in school.”

Taemin nods, “Yes. She won’t be back until later this afternoon I believe.”

Victoria sighs, “I see. I was going to leave but then I thought that it would be best if I got some things out of the way while I’m here anyways.”

“Like?”

“Well I need your measurements,” She casually responds.

“For?” He casually asks.

“Your tuxedo of course, for the wedding.”

Taemin sighs, that was the last thing on his mind at the moment. Although the wedding was months from now, he knew that the date would arrive sooner than later. He couldn’t hide the dissatisfaction on his face.

Ms. Song smirks, “You know, you shouldn’t look at it with such a gloomy face. Weddings are beautiful, only if you look forward to them.”

Taemin takes a long gulp from the glass of scotch on the brown wooden desk. “Well then I guess it’ll be a gloomy day for me.”

Victoria sighs, “Very well then.”

Jongin remains silent as he listens in on their conversation. From the few weddings that Jongin attended to in his life, they were always very beautiful and touching. However with this upcoming wedding Jongin could only imagine how the result would be.

Taking out her notebook to jot down the important information as well as her measuring tape, Victoria looks to the heir who remains with a totally uninterested attitude.

“Let’s begin, shall we?”


Finishing up the last sentence, Jinri gets up from her desk and heads to the front of the room to hand in the assigned paper. The old man that rested his back in the grey swivel chair with a book titled “Leave it to Women!” in his hands, he quickly looks up to Jinri as she hands in the paper.

Taking the sheet and turning his head to the right the clock resting still against the wall, there was only five minutes until class was officially over. The classroom was quiet as the other students that had still been writing their papers continued on.

“Five minutes until class is over, remember this is due once that clock hit’s two,” the teacher calls out to the students who simply sigh or remain silent in respond.

Looking over the girls work, Jinri watches the man’s eye carefully. The way his eyes moved from the left and then to the right with such speed made her confused as to if he was really reading or just skimming through it.

“Very impressive, Mrs. Choi.”

Jinri smiled at his compliment. “Why are you taking this class again?” He jokingly asked with a grin.

“I’ve seen your grades, I don’t see how it could be any difficulty getting you out of here by this year or even early next year. Good job as always, Jinri.”

“Thank you, Sir.”

Looking back at the clock, the hand is almost at the two causing the male to close his books and get up from his seat. Jinri goes back to her seat and retrieves her bag that rested on the desk.

“Alright time is up!”

The students lazily get up and hand in their completely finished or half finished work, the man smiling at those he sees wrote a lot and then frowning at those who didn’t make the cut he was looking for.

Exiting the large building, the car that drove her to school in the morning is already waiting for her outside the school. A few students look as she is escorted into the black SUV. Some look at her in shock while others in envy.

“Please drive already,” Jinri pleads the male that does as told, his foot pressing on the gas pedal. The car soon takes off within less than a minute onto the busy roads.


As Jinri enters the house walking into the foyer, she is instantly greeted by one of the maids who kindly greets her and take her sweater that she had rushed to put on earlier that morning. Arguing is heard from upstairs, the voices sounding familiar and as if they are coming closer. To her not so surprise, the two people whose voice was heard now appear.

Strolling down the stairs, Taemin loudly argues with the tall woman behind him who rolls her eyes every time he says something.

“I am not, I repeat not dealing with this matter anymore. Last time I checked you’re not the wedding planner,”

Victoria quickly responds, “Of course I’m not but your mother has strictly requested me to do my job which is preparing your clothing for the wedding. Why do you make everything so difficult?”

Jongin looks simply annoyed by their loud voices but his face quickly changes when he sees Jinri at the end of the stairs watching the scene.

Taemin scoffs at the woman and his eyes meet with the girls who looks rather confused as to what’s going on. Exhaling in relief, “Look who is here, Jinri you’re a few minutes behind schedule, I’ve had to deal with this woman for the past couple of hours, more than I could handle matter of fact.”

Victoria glares at the not so gentleman like male. “I still have to deal with you later whether you like it or not,” She reminds him

Jinri slightly giggles at the way the two people act so child-like. Taemin could be a nuisance sometimes, his arrogant ways were the only thing that made him annoying yet for some reason Jinri found his annoyance towards Victoria rather adorable. That was odd.

“Now, time for my real work. Jinri, I need you to show me your closet.”

“Uh sure, right this way,” Jinri responds going back up the stairs.

Taemin watches the two females make their way back up, “Keep her up there for as long as you like, Jinri.”

Jinri chuckles as she leads the way up and Victoria mutters curses under her breath.

Jongin smiles at the girl’s positive attitude towards the child like argument. Seeing how Taemin could become so flustered over one woman’s words made him feel some sort of happiness.

“Get the living room cleared, I’m expecting a guest later this afternoon.” Taemin advises the butler.

“Yes, Sir.” Jongin respectfully answers, a smile still lingering on his face due to the earlier events.


Jinri watches carefully from the edge of her bed as the tall woman scanned through the large closet that only had a few clothes hanged up, all of which she brought with her when she first moved in.

“No, no, no,” Victoria muttered under her breath loud enough for Jinri to hear. Her hands roaming past the long sleeved shirts that were either basic colors or had a graphic design on it. The woman shook her head feeling as if she had much more work than expected.

“Is there a problem?” Jinri asks concerned.

“A list of them, where do I begin?” Victoria askes taking a step back from the closet and looking at it in disgust. Jinri stayed quiet studying the tall ones expression.

Clapping her hands together she turned to the soon to be wife. “An important part of being an heir’s wife is how you present yourself. Your wardrobe and what you wear is a big factor of how people will think of you and respect you.”

“And my current wardrobe is not good, right?” Jinri asked.

Victoria nods her head, “Correct. You’re learning.”

“Jeans and sneakers are not acceptable, and that’s all I see here. You need skirts and dresses, simple fabrics, plaids, heels, high heels, etc.”

Jinri sighs as the girl goes through the long list.

Taking out her phone, “The next time I see you, I’ll have some clothes for you to try on, samples of course. A shopping trip is much needed as well, I’ll be sure to schedule that in too.”

Jinri could only nod as the woman talked. The way she got things done with the snap of her fingers had surprised Jinri, it still hadn’t hit her how easy it was to get things done so quickly over here.

“Any questions?” Victoria asked.

Jinri shook her head, “Not so far.”

Victoria exhaled and made her way towards the girl’s side. “I’ve seen that look before, way too many times.”

“What look?”

“The ‘wow, this is all happening pretty fast’ look,” Victoria casually responded.

Jinri couldn’t disagree with her. She had in fact been feeling and thinking this way ever since the day she found out about this whole marriage thing.

“They’ve probably all told you not to worry and that everything will be fine so I won’t give you the same speech. But what I can tell you is that only you can make this marriage the way you want it to be. Whether you want to deal with the annoying heir or my personal favorite make his life a living hell, it’s all up to you on how your life works out in this marriage.”

Jinri wasn’t sure how to properly thank the girl for her speech but it did make her feel better and made way more sense than any other advice she had received. It was truly up to her on how their marriage would be at the end of the day. No matter how persistent the Lee’s were, they wouldn’t always be there.

So, Victoria had a valid point.

 

A/N: Hello! How was that? Subscribe and comment if you’d like, I’ll update soon.