The Social Gathering Part 1

The Arranged Marriage

"Oh for goodness sake, I said to your right not your left!" the girl shouted causing the working man to groan and hang the large framed portrait more to the right side of the wall. Naeun rubbed her head trying to soothe down and watched as the men got down their ladders and walked out of the main hall annoyed. She had no time to care about their feelings for the time being, there was so much that needed to be done and trying to make up for her tone was not one of them. Seriously, what else could Naeun have been expecting, throwing a party in less than twenty four hours and beginning the planning now.

"Naeun," a familiar voice calls out from behind, Naeun turns around and a smile graces her face at the appearance of the person she had been hoping to see. His brown charming eyes that matched the brown jacket he came in with greeted her's and he walked from the door over to the middle of the room where she had been standing. "You look busy," He said analyzing her up and down and then looking at the room in a whole. She shook her head, "It's a lot of work to plan a party, you are coming, right?"

Taemin smiled, "Of course." Her smile had grown wider and she began to stroll towards the back of the room where the wide open window that gave view to the rest of her estate was. The white curtains blew from the light breeze and Naeun felt a light chill on her fingertips. Taemin looked down and gently grabbed her hands, her bare hands, "Where are your gloves?" Naeun looked to him, eyes full of surprise, "Why, I must have forgotten to put them on." Taemin gently rubbed them to start up some heat but quickly left them alone once his phone began to vibrate in his pocket.

Naeun felt heat rise to her cheeks and the minute he let go of her she wished that the moment could have lasted a second longer. Rubbing her own hand she tries to erase such thoughts, why was she beginning to have them? She would have left herself thinking but when Taemin's voice resurfaced she pushed it to the back of her mind.

"I've got to go, I just wanted to check in on you. I'll see you later tonight," He bids shoving his phone back down into his pocket. "Of course, see you then, "She softly responds.

Before he can turn all the way around he swiftly snaps his fingers as he remembers what he had wanted to say, "Hey, don't forget booze."

Naeun chuckles, "What's a party without that?"

Taemin nodded and smiled as he walked out of the estate. Naeun watches his tall fit figure stroll away, her eyes never leaving the view until he was completely gone. Righ now some booze sounded very good and needed.


It had been almost a full two hours that Jinri spent in one of the many spare rooms of the house trying on dresses and shoes for the anticiapted event of the night. Jongin would have thought that picking out a outfit would be easier, although he wasn't too sure since he never payed attention to how long Mrs. Lee would take preparing for such outings. He stood outside of the room in the hall holding some fabric that Ms. Song had assigned him to have on standby just in case she needed to come up with a new style.

Holding the soft and silky fabric that had the same color of the violets he remembered seeing in a garden as a child, Jongin cleared his throat and stood up straight when the bedroom door pushed open and three of the maids left the room casually. From the open door he could see dresses of all the sorts on hangers and different heels against the wall on the floor. Coming out of the room and flipping her luxorious black locks away from her face Victoria looked to Jongin with a plain expression.

"My work here is done for now, we don't need the fabric but thanks anyways," She told him with a quick pat on the back. Jongin nodded and stood still in his place, her heels clicked against the floor but stopped once she heard no movement from him.

"You can go in if you want," She said without turning her back.

He quickly nodded again and this time moved his feet towards the room. Victoria snickered and smirked as she made her way down the hall, the poor boy was a gentle fool, atleast that's what she saw.

Stepping inside the room full of dresses and shoes of all sorts Jongin looked at the expensive looking clothing in amazement. It wasn't his first time seeing so many dresses but they were much different from the one's he usually saw come into the house for the past couple of years. Mrs. Lee was on older woman so her taste was much different than what Victoria was bringing to the table for Jinri.

Tracing the lace swirl on the short gold dress soft footsteps echoed behind him and that's when he remembered he wasn't alone. Coming from behind the wall that gave way to the bathroom Jinri watched the tall gentleman feel the dress before slowly turning his head to her direction. His soft brown eyes instantly met her's and didn't leave as he was mesmerized by her beauty.

Her slim figure was dressed perfectly in a long lace coral dress with short sleeves. The way the fabric tugged around her body was a perfect fit and the color and style matched with her simple and pure nature. It flowed with each step she took, her studded white heels glistened with this.

Jinri began to rub her arm after Jongin's long silence, "It's too much, right?"

No, it wasn't too much, he thought. Looking at her, her bare face that was beautiful as it was, her long wavy locks that gave her this elegant look without any effort. She was never too much, she was just enough. She was perfect as she was. She was breathtakingly beautiful and Jongin would never stop believing this.

Rubbing the back of his nape, "No, you look stunning, Jinri."

She smiled and blushed lightly. Walking over to the dresser on the left side of the room that had a wide jewelry box Jinri goes onto say, "Oh, don't say that. I still need to get my makeup done and do something to my hair."

Jongin watched her move still struck with awe and adornment. She shuffled to take out the silver necklace that Victoria suggested would look good with the dress. "It's weird, I didn't started feeling nervous until now, is that crazy?"

Going over to the tall mirror propped against the wall she looked at her reflection while trying to put on the necklace. Her fingers kept missing the lock as they kept fidgeting continuously, within a second at looking at her reflection she's immediately relaxed once a warm hand touches her to get the necklace and the tall figure of Jongin shows in the mirror. He gently locks the necklace in place and his eyes linger from her neck to her back before reaching up again.

"Thank you," She softly spoke turning around.

He grinned, "Of course. You really do look beautiful."

Jinri shook her head and crossed her arms. "You sure you're not just telling me that because Victoria said so? She had some of the staff give me compliments to make me less nervous but it only got worse."

Jongin shoved his hands into his pockets and chuckled. "I only tell you the truth. Jinri. I don't pay people compliments, it's not very truthful."

Jinri giggled along with him and crossed her arms, "Hey, some useful tips would come in handy right now. I'm about to be brought into the company of the heir and all of his colleagues, compliments aren't going to do much for me right now."

"Right." Jongin cleared his throat, "Well, we've went over manners, addressing folks, umm I'm not sure what else there is to cover." Jinri didn't look pleased by his answer but her face quickly changed once he snapped his fingers at the one thing he forgot to instruct.

"What is it?" Jinri asked curiously.

Jongin smiled and snickered, "You really want to know?"

"Of course."

"Are you sure?"

"Jongin, seriously."

"Alright, if you say so."

Outstretching his hand and fixing his tie Jinri looked at his palm confused and then back up to his eyes. It took her a minute to realize what he was offering but she quickly caught on and then began to feel even more nervous at the thought that she forgotten one crucial part of a party was dancing.

"Are you going to really reject the heir to a dance?" Jongin teasingly asked.

Jinri shrugged, "I would if I wanted to but I'm guessing you don't think that's the best idea, right?"

Jongin smiled and eventually held her hand once she gave in and followed his lead. He had a soft grip on her and her arms were lazily put on him which was an error that must be fixed. "Posture is key, Jinri." Raising her arm into the correct position, he begins to realize just how close they were, a couple of inches apart if he wanted to be exact.

He slowly placed his hand by her waist as he knew already that the amount of touching he had done in the last couple of minutes was quite a lot and he wasn't sure if he was making thing too awkward. She remained still in her spot as he pondered over this thought but was quickly taken aback when he felt his arm tug closer and lower to her waist. His heart began to race and when he looked at her she looked pretty nervous too.

"Well, if you're going to teach me how to dance then do it right," She muttered to him.

He nodded and cleared his throat as he focused on their feet, "Yeah, yeah, so now this is when you follow my lead. When I move to the right then you move right, not too quickly though." Shifting his feet to the right and her following, he does the same thing in the other direction and she follows along.

"Yes, you're getting the hang of it."

Jinri kept her eyes on her feet, monitoring her moves and making sure she was keeping up with him. She couldn't see it as she was too busy trying to focus on following along but Jongin was smiling proudly and widely at her and he didn't mind being with her like this for the whole night.

For the first time in a long time Jongin was coming to the realization that he was happy, much happier in these past months than all of the years he had been staying in the house. It wasn't until Jinri's arrival that he began waking up with a smile, an agenda that didn't solely focus on his cousin's need but her own too. She was his friend, his reasoning behind his smile, his heart.

"Sorry to cut it short but I need to do your makeup before it get's late," Victoria said after she knocked on the door. Jinri looked to Jongin embarrassed but quickly followed behind Victoria as she left the room to further pamper the young girl. Jongin had his lingering stare on her for sometime before realizing something bigger than he'd known before.

His heart that had been racing the moment he entered the room soon stopped following her exit. His mind became clearer and his palms that were beginning to get a little sweaty started cooling down. It was there the whole time, right in the back of his head where he had pushed it for so many weeks.

Jongin came to the realization of this feeling he couldn't put a name on.

It was love.

Jongin was slowly but surely falling in love with Jinri.

 

A/N: WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW. Okay, so I didn't want the chapter to be so long but I began writing and once I do that sometimes I can't stop. The next chapter will actually be the party which I will try to update by this week so don't go too far. I'll update soon.