The Games.Round 2.Part 1.

Winter Sunset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    Chapter 6: 2605 words

    As Wonwoo began to wake up, he was acutely aware of his lack of being in the cabin, or indoors at all. It was still dark outside, so he couldn't see much of anything. Where was he? Why was he shirtless? And why was Mingyu lying next to him in the moss, equally shirtless. 

    As if sensing his worry, Mingyu rolled over to look at him. "" he breathed out. Wonwoo fluttered his eyes, trying to make them adjust or to power his "night vision" on so that he could get a better glimpse of Mingyu. "We fell asleep, ."

    And it suddenly came back to Wonwoo, although his night vision hadn't come, his memories of yesterday had. And Wonwoo smiled at the happy memories, before frowning at what Mingyu had been cursing at. They had fallen asleep. After  swimming, they'd come and laid out on the moss again and fallen into an apparent deep sleep. 

    "It's after curfew, so does that mean we are in trouble?" Mingyu nodded and rather than hyperventilating or freaking out, like the old Wonwoo would have, he broke out into a series of giggles. 

    Mingyu looked at him like he'd gone mad. "Wonwoo....." 

    "I'm fine." He continued to laugh, "I've just never really broken a rule before, and it's exhilarating.

     Mingyu laughed, sat up, and pulled Wonwoo into his arms, "Gosh, I've broken you haven't I?" He spoke gently, as he smoothed down Wonwoo's hair and rubbed his back with his other hand.

    "I think I needed some breaking in?" They both laughed and then they just stayed like that for a while. Wonwoo practically sitting in Mingyu's lap. The boys barren chests up against one another. Thinking of what they were supposed to do, or how they could sneak back into their cabin. 

    "If we get caught.... We'll be suspended from the games for at least a week." Mingyu warned, as he stood up and pulled Wonwoo off the ground next to him. "I say our best plan of attack, is to first get our clothes on. This.... Looks much worse than it is." Wonwoo was confused for a second, before he realized what Mingyu was implying, what their situation would have implied to anyone who might come upon them. He blushed at the thought and scampered over to find and grab his shirt off the ground next to the pond. 

    "Okay, well, we are at least fully clothed now." Mingyu said after they had both changed back into their original attire before they had gone swimming the previous afternoon. "It's just right after midnight, so hopefully Seungcheol Hyung won't be too angry with us, or with me specifically." 

    He reached his hand out for Wonwoo's, "C'mon, I've never gone back to the cabin in the dark, but I know my general way back. Let's go. Be quiet." 
<><><><><><><><>
    
    The games were very different this round. They were mainly individual competitions, top five people, or occasionally groups from one team, would earn points. Some rounds were skill based, some endurance based and some academically or memory based. Almost every person would compete in at least one round, possibly more or less depending on how far you make it. A lot of this particular round fell onto the captain's shoulders, due to the fact that he would be choosing who would play in each comp. Once someone had played once, they couldn't play again until everyone had played, and he had no way of knowing what the next round might hold. 

    So, Wonwoo wasn't surprised when Seungcheol was extremely angry at the boys for sneaking in past curfew. Normally, Seungcheol would probably be angry, but nothing too extreme. He probably wouldn't be very surprised at Mingyu's mischief. But, the night before the "big game" with the new kid in tow, he wasn't happy. He sat the boys down and pretty much just lectured them for an hour straight, waking most everyone from the cabin up at the same time. 

    Of course, when everyone woke up and found out Wonwoo and Mingyu had snuck in together at 2AM, it was quite the scandal. Seungkwan wouldn't shut up about it and got the whole cabin riled up trying to guess what the boys had been doing. Mingyu just told them that they'd been swimming and fell asleep and to shut up before he killed him. That shut Seungkwan up pretty quick, but it didn't stop the never ending blush that Wonwoo's cheek's had acquired. 

    Wonwoo quickly learned that while it was one thing to break the rules, it was another to get caught. He'd never been so embarrassed in his life. It wasn't that Wonwoo was homophobic, or even shocked by the assumptions. He'd long gotten over the fact that homouality was in fact very real and not some fictional act done by devil worshippers (as the pastor in his town would want him to believe). No, it was the fact that Wonwoo wasn't gay. But.... He could see the points the boys were making, the pictures that they were painting, no matter how graphic and unrealistic their tauntings were, Wonwoo could see what they were getting at. The way Mingyu and he were always together, and always touching. Now they show up, past curfew, with a wavering excuse of "we fell asleep". He could see it, but it couldn't be real. Wonwoo was straight. 

    Sadly, Wonwoo didn't actually have much time for dwelling into the boy's imaginations or reassuring himself of his uality. Seungcheol eventually calmed everyone down and got everyone to go back to bed. Miraculously, even after the extremely long nap, Wonwoo fell right asleep.

    <><><><><><><><><><><>

    The location for the second round of the games was significantly more grandiose than the first round's. It was a huge circular arena. Wonwoo couldn't decide if it looked more like a fair or The Super Bowl. It could be the fair, with all the various places for events set up like little attractions. Or, it could be The Super Bowl, with the arena being almost as big as the World's largest sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter