Free

Winter Sunset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: 1,890 words 

    As it turns out, Mingyu did have every single class with Wonwoo. It made the dreadful, middle of July, classes slightly more bearable and much more entertaining. True to his reputation, Mingyu was a trouble maker. During their first day, Mingyu had already gotten sent to the office twice, along with numerous threats to be sent. 

    Wonwoo's favorite class was obviously literature, which Mingyu of course found extraordinarily boring. When they were all supposed to be reading their Shakespeare to themselves, Mingyu proceeded to find and write down every ual innuendo in Romeo and Juliet AND Hamlet and then throw them at Wonwoo's head who sat in front of them. Nevertheless, Wonwoo would read every single one, blushing and giggling as he did so. They never even got caught. 

    There was also the dreaded math and science classes, which Wonwoo was actually quite good at, but didn't enjoy necessarily. Of course this made Mingyu's behavior worse than ever, knowing that Wonwoo wouldn't ignore him after the fact. 

    The first day of their chemistry class, Mingyu "accidentally" blew up a whole row of test tubes. This resulted in him, and Wonwoo who happened to be his lab partner, being placed on probation in the lab. Two days later, when they were dissecting pics, Mingyu thought it would be funny to stick the head of the dissected pig on a stick and give it to their Literature teacher as a visual of his love for the book. Their literature thought it was "incredible dedication to their assigned reading". 

    Their science teacher thought it was inhumane. She sat the boys down and had a 3 hour talk with them about treatment of dead lab animals. While Wonwoo was almost in tears by the end, having never truly gotten in trouble Mingyu truly took her message to heart by telling her she was right. He swore that he would never mistreat an animal again, and that included dissecting. Moral of the story is they are now allowed to sit out of any dissecting labs. They don't even have to go to class. 

    Now as good as Wonwoo was at any other class, Mingyu was the star student of their cooking class. Wonwoo found it odd that in a camp where you were supposed to, based on stereotypical gender roles, "man up", they had a cooking class, but he couldn't complain. He was also startling terrible at cooking, but with Mingyu by his side, it really didn't matter much. Another thing he found odd, he didn't really see Mingyu as the cooking type, but then he tasted his brownies and decided you can't judge a book by it's cover.

    One day, they were supposed to be baking cinnamon rolls. Mingyu had done pretty much everything and all Wonwoo had to do was make the icing. He literally just had to "beat" some cream cheese, butter, sugar and half and half together, how hard could it be? Turns out, pretty hard. First of all, how does one "beat" ingredients, and which utensil should one use to do that? After destroying two batches of frosting, Wonwoo finally gave in and asked for Mingyu's help. Mingyu, after various rounds of teasing, "helped Wonwoo" (aka did everything for him). 

    After all of their classes each day, they would work with their cabin and prepare for battle. They'd focus on different skills everyday. So far, Wonwoo was only good at one thing: climbing. Sure, he could climb more than just rock walls; he could climb trees and over walls. He was pretty sure climbing wouldn't help him in battle much, and their wouldn't be many more challenges with flags pinned way high up on rock walls. Some of the stuff Wonwoo may have had potential at, but who would know with his bum ankle. 

    Wonwoo fought terribly under pressure, but strangely, he thought well. Questions or answers about techniques, he could tell you everything, but he couldn't seem to be able to apply his knowledge. Mingyu and Seungcheol would work extra hours with him. Jisoo and a young boy named Vernon worked with him specifically on hand to hand combat. They all just kept telling him that something would click eventually. 

    For the first time in his life, Wonwoo's favorite time of day was not schoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter