Antithesis

Winter Sunset
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 13: Antithesis

Too Good to Be True: Rhys


I want the light without the darkness (not tonight)
I want the sun without the rain (not tonight)
I'm beginning to believe it's possible
To have someone like you without the pain

Baby, I just want you to be reckless
So come on, flick the switch on common sense
'Cause I wanna feel the fire, baby, make it burn
I promise there won't be no consequence


 

Wonwoo gasped, eyes splitting open as it felt like a thousand needles were threading their way into his spine. Wonwoo pushed forward only to be stopped by icy ropes pulling tight against his waist, restricting any escape from the pain. Whimpering, Wonwoo twisted desperately in his position against the pole.

“Wonwoo.” Wonwoo stilled at the familiar voice calling out in the darkness. There was a shake in the voice, tight as if bound by a rubber band, and Wonwoo began to understand what his torture device was. “Stop Moving” Mingyu grunted. Sweat laced bloody snow fell softly onto Wonwoo’s collar bone, his own blood sweat and tears.

“Wonwoo” Mingyu called again, voice tighter this time as if it was on the voice of breaking, “Do you think-“ he groaned quietly, taking in a long shaky breath, “Do you think you can try to calm down? You crying is not good for my control.”

Wonwoo nodded into the darkness before he remembered that the younger boy couldn’t see him. He let out a small yes in affirmation, trying to not whimper.

He then realized whyMingyu was trying so valiantly to remain calm, to control his powers. They were tied to the same pole. Wonwoo was in pain, but he could tell (sadly from experience) that this wasn’t anywhere near to the pain he felt in the woods, when he’d grabbed Mingyu’s hand. Since Mingyu had no suppressants to dampen his powers, it could be… well, a whole hell of a lot worse. Thus, Mingyu had to be using every bit of strength to control himself.

Wonwoo had no control, and he was a wreck. Ice covered everything around him, as if it was trying to protect him. Guilt washed over Wonwoo, tears beginning to well in his eyes again as he realized what he was must be doing to the other. “Mingyu?” He called, the noise coming out rather desperate despite his best intentions.

“What? Are you in pain? Am I hurting you?” Mingyu’s gruff voice quickening as he continued on, desperate and frantic. He missed the way the ice receded slightly. Wonwoo would have blushed at the boy worrying for him if not for the pain that knit up his back and burned across the ropes at Mingyu’s distress.

“No” He lied, voice squeaking and likely giving him away. “But I’m hurting you.” Trying to anything in a matter of fact nature was completely out of the question at this point, however, Wonwoo managed to restrict himself from outright sobbing.

Mingyu scoffed, only slightly better at hiding his pain than Wonwoo. “I’m fine. Just calm the hell down.” Wonwoo winced at the intensity of the younger’s voice, pain again coursing the ropes.

“Just help me okay? Tell me how to make it better.”

He heard the other sigh, “This would make a great o.”

Wonwoo balked, heat rising to his cheeks at the youngers audacity. “What the hell Mingyu?”

“Are you blushing?”

“N-no.”

“Liar” Wonwoo could hearthe smirk in his voice.

“It’s no secret that I don’t handle hot things well.”

“You think I’m hot?”

“No! I-I mean yeah, you’re literally on fire.” He whined, hearing the other’s proud hum. “Not like that! I mean literally! Like you are actually a major hothead who is literally physically burning me right now.” He huffed, heart racing.

“Better?” Wonwoo’s eyes shot to the ice, fearing the distress had sent his ice into a new level of out of control. However, Mingyu was right, the ice had receded greatly, even melting slightly off of the ropes.

“W-what.. Flirting?!” Wonwoo cried out, “I ask you how to control my powers and your response is to flirt with me?!”

Mingyu chuckled, almost sadly. Nevertheless, Wonwoo found himself almost leaning into the blazing hot pole between them, body craving to hear that noise again. “Works for me. And, even if you are an ice princess, I think you’re literally, physically, on firetoo”

Wonwoo groaned, watching his ice retreat further. He found the new and improved version of the younger hard to keep up with. He was gruff, abrasive, almost scary one moment then delicately caring and soft the next, then unabashedly erse. Wonwoo found this Mingyu, the realMingyu… Intriguing. Definitely not hot. More like a mountain lion stalking his prey.

“Ugh, hothead you is too much for me.” He paused, “And I am literally physically the antithesis of heat Kim Mingyu. I. am. not. hot!” Wonwoo shrieked, only to be met with laughter from Mingyu. If he wasn’t trying desperately not to hurt the younger, he’d… probably not hurt him, but he could.

“Say what you want Wonwoo, I still think you’re hot” Mingyu’s laughter halted sharply at the familiarly displeasing voice. Wonwoo could literally feel the other shaking, heat pulsating through the ropes. “And the antithesis of heat, ha even hotter.”

“Shut the up Wonho.” Wonwoo seethed, causing Mingyu to release a short scoff. Wonwoo knew it probably wasn’t the best thing for him to say, given the situation. As Wonho drew closer to him, yanking back his arm, Wonwoo couldn’t find an oun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter