Who are You?- 5

Who are You?

Seohyun falls, back first, on her cold bed. “Aaaahh!! That was tiring.” She closes her eyes to sleep, her light blue pajamas providing her warmth in place for a blanket she’s too lazy to reach. Suddenly, her telephone interrupts. Seohyun sighs and opens her eyes slowly. “What now?” She says under her breath. She rises and reaches for the telephone attached to the wall. “Hello may I help you?” The other line isn’t answering. “Hello?” the other line cuts her off. “What was that?”
Seohyun puts the telephone back to its place and starts to walk towards her bed. “Seohyun….” Someone hums her name and Seohyun halts. Did I hear- “Seohyun…” another hum arises. Seohyun looks around her dark room. She waits for the voice but nothing comes up. She moves to the window and slides apart the curtains to see if there’s anyone outside. The street is dark and desolate.
Seohyun sighs. Maybe it’s just her weariness. “I better sleep. I can’t be late again tomorrow.” She crawls under her covers and tries to sleep. But even the cold night can’t stop her from sweating. I’m afraid. I can’t be. Seohyun cries out loud. The knocks have intensified her fear even more. She covers her ears but the knocks won’t stop. “Delivery!” Oh! It’s a delivery. But at this hour?
Her legs tremble as she slowly puts them one after the other, on the cold wooden floor. “Wait a minute!” She shouts to shake off the fear and runs to the switch. But she is shocked to see that the switch isn’t working. A brownout? But I paid the electricity bill. Seohyun opens the door and a puppy-looking boy greets her with a smile. “Baekhyun?” Seohyun’s forehead wrinkles. “What are you doing here?” Baekhyun hands her a package. “Someone dropped this outside my door. It’s your name there see?” Seohyun looks at the package and sees her name written on it. “Who sent this?” “I dunno. Seohyun I need to sleep.” “Okay. Good night Baek.” “Good night Seobaby.”
Seohyun closes her door and sits on a chair to open the package. “What’s this?” She couldn’t tell what’s inside because of the darkness so she moves to the window to get some light from the street lights. She gasps and drops the box after seeing what’s inside. A bloody hand.
She bends down to look at it better and realizes that it’s just fake one. Seohyun runs back to her bed weakly and she cries under the covers.
The bell rings signaling that it’s lunch break. When most of her classmates left the classroom, Seohyun rests her head on the table. She was too scared that she wasn’t even able to sleep and now, all she wants is to have a little rest. She hears coughing sounds and sees Luhan still in his chair. “Are you not having lunch?” She asks coldly looking away from him. “No. You?” “No.” Seohyun resumes her sleep. She can’t even send him out because what she really needs at the moment is the reassurance of a living being. She’s too scared last night. Good. Sleep. I’ll be here.
“Seohyun-ssi, I’m really sorry. I needed the money so I sold your unit. Someone wants it badly.” Mrs. Song, an old landlady who depends on medication tells her. “It’s okay, I’m sure I can find another apartment. Thank you for your kindness madam.” Mrs. Song sniffs and wipes her tears with her hanky. She genuinely feels guilty.
Seohyun ends her nth inquiry with a “Thank you.” Why is it so hard to find another apartment? “I guess I better go home first.” Back to that big mansion she hates.
“Mr. Seo, she hasn’t called me yet. I don’t think she’s considering living with me.” Luhan tells Seohyun’s father as they drink coffee in the study room. “Then we will have to force her.” Mr. Seo smiles. “Why do you want her to live with me?” Luhan asks “Because she’s going to be safe with you.” Mr. Seo takes his phone and calls his assistant. “Pack her things and send it to Luhan’s pad.”
Suddenly, a loud bang of the door startles them. “Why are you doing this?” Seohyun glares as she enters the room. “If you’re not coming back here, I’ll make sure you stay with Luhan.” “Seriously? You’re pushing me live with a stranger? And a boy at that!” “He’s not a stranger. Seohyun- Seohyun cuts her father and turns her back to walk away. Why did I even- “Seo Juhyun-ssi!” Luhan catches up. “Don’t be stubborn. I’m already tired thinking of all these crazy plans to- “Plans?” Seohyun looks at him. “Scaring you and buying your unit.Yeah.” Seohyun slaps him really hard. “How dare you??!!!”
Luhan’s face is serious and he looks at her deeply. Seohyun’s eyes are blazing. “You- Seo cuts her speech as Luhan, out of a sudden, scoops her up and brings her over his shoulder. “Let me go!!” Seohyun pounds on Luhan’s back but he continues walking to his car. “Let me go!! You you!” She calls the guard. “Have this man arrested. He’s- “They’re on my side. You can’t do anything.” Once more, she fails to finish her sentence. “Get inside.” Luhan tells her as he brings her down. Seohyun tries to run but he grabs her and shoves her inside the car. “Yaaahhhh!!!!” Seohyun yells.
“We’re here. I guess your things are already here as well. Get some rest. The bedroom is upstairs.” Seohyun climbs up but couldn’t find any other bedroom. “Why are you still there? That’s the room.” My room? Where’s yours?” Seohyun asks innocently making Luhan giggle a bit. “Our room.” And he enters the bedroom. “Did I hear that right?!” Seohyun asks frantically. “Are you not getting in? You’re not?” Luhan starts to close the door but Seohyun stops him. “Wait! Where’s my bed?” “I didn’t say you have a bed. Take the floor.” “What? And you’ll have that bed to yourself?” “Do you want to share with me?” “No.” Seohyun’s eyes twitches.
After two hours, Luhan is finally asleep whereas Seohyun is still battling with the floor. How can I sleep on such a hard bed as this?! Seohyun sighs. “Just for tonight. Just for tonight. Tomorrow I will leave.” She sighs once more before darting towards the bed.
“Uhhppphh!!” Seohyun grunts. “Why are you so heavy?!” She gives up pushing him with her hands and tries to use her leg. But Luhan wouldn’t fall. Seohyun gives up. “I really want to sleep.” She says coldy as she looks at Luhan’s sleeping figure. As if hearing her, Luhan moves to one side. Seohyun occupies the empty space next to him and falls asleep immediately. She will never know what Luhan is doing at the moment.
“So you gave up and you’re her in bed with me now? You’re too lucky you know?” Luhan tells her as he wraps his hand and leg over her sleeping body. Why am I doing this?