Who are You?- 4

Who are You?

She receives his hand with a smile –a naughty one- and says “Hi Luhan. Aren’t you looking fine tonight?” But Luhan is too shocked to hear her. Is this really that freaky girl in school? But this girl’s just too beautiful and elegant to be her! “Luhan, are you okay?” Mr. Kang asks his son. “Uuuhh…uhhh ye-yes I am. I’m just…. shocked.” “By what?” Mr. Kang and Mr. Seo ask in chorus. “He’s shocked to see me here. Apparently, he doesn’t know me even though we’re in the same class.” Seohyun butts in while cutting her meat. “By all means why didn’t you introduce yourself?” her dad asks and she slowly drops her utensils to speak. “I don’t think it’s necessary.” Mr. Kang laughs. “Waah!! Seo Jung shin-ssi!!! She’s so much like you!!!” and he laughs harder, unembarrassed of the other diners. “I bet she’s competitive. Yes, yes she is. I can feel it.” He agrees to himself. Mr. Seo giggles and they both snort. They’re really having fun. Mr. Seo exhales exaggeratedly. “Do you remember back in high school when I always wait for you and ambush you outside school because you always scored higher by a single point in the tests?” Mr. Kang nods while covering his mouth with his fist to suppress a laugh. “I was always no. 1 and you’re always no.2.”The two fathers laugh. Luhan looks down to his plate. Looks like the table has turned now. No! Snap it out Luhan! That was just one test. He argues with himself as he remembers her beating him in the surprise test- by one point. Seohyun sees his reaction but seeing that he isn’t looking up to see her mock him with his smirk, she wears what’s totally hers, a cold, expressionless face.
“Aaahh!! Even as a male, I want to say that your son is really good looking In Guk.” Mr. Kang smiles. “Good genes, brother. Good genes.” he comments. “I can say the same to your daughter. Good genes, bro we have good genes.” Mr. Seo smiles but his daughter’s reaction is similar to that of a new widower. The artificial ark of her lips reduced into a flat line and the coldness of her eyes turned even colder.
Mr. Seo??? Ahhh!!! He’s that man who paints really well! Luhan remembers when he used to visit his mansion and see his paintings hanging on the walls. “How is your painting Mr. Seo? Are you still splashing all those colors?” Luhan smiles and Mr. Seo’s face brightens. “I’m so glad to know that you still remember. Yes, I still paint. Your father knows that. But may I ask why you stopped visiting?” “It’s not that I stopped. But dad doesn’t invite me at all.” Mr. Seo glares at Mr. Kang. “Oh please Luhan, I can’t even contact you most of the time.” he side-eyes his son. “He lives on his own since 15 you know.” Mr. Seo beams. “Oh really? Isn’t that great Seohyun?” Seohyun blinks three times as if to help herself recall what they talked about. “Yes.” She nods. “My Seohyun just moved to an apartment on her own but as a father, I am worried.” Mr. Seo says thinking how he wouldn’t be worrying this much to Seohyun if she’s a boy. “Dad. Please.” Seohyun says. “What? As if you’re not having a hard time. You can’t even wake up on time.” Seohyun looks at him. “I knew it. You’re spying on me.” “I’m checking on you.” Her father corrects. “Well why don’t you live with my Luhan Juhyun?” Luhan chokes on his steak. Mr. Kang offered a bold suggestion.
“She what?!” Luhan’s eyes are wide open in shock. “What? Are you implying that your father is out of his mind Luhan?” “Dad she’s a girl. I’m sure Mr. Seo won’t agree with you. But Mr. Seo betrays him. “Naah. I agree with In Gu. I’ll even feel better if she’s with some company.” Mr. Seo looks at Seohyun for her opinion. Mr. Park and Luhan do the same. “That won’t be necessary.” She replies coldly. “Please accept it Juhyun. Luhan’s pad is too big for him. Plus it will save you the ride.” But Seohyun shakes her head. “I really don’t-
“Seohyun-ssi please live with me.” Luhan smiles but deep inside he’s burning. Knowing his father, he’ll be disappointed with him if he won’t follow his orders and surely if Seohyun declines, he will ask him to convince her. After a few seconds she replies. “I’ll think about it.” Arrrggg!! What is there to think about?! Just accept it! Do you want my father to be let down?!
“Well, it’s your choice dear. Just remember that Luhan will receive you if you say so.” Luhan sees Seohyun nod to his dad and while the two elders are on their plates, she winks at him. She’s fooling around!!! She intends to give me a hard time!!!
I will get you Seo Ju Hyun. I will get you!