Rain

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID2]RAIN[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]“What happened to your father then?” Leo asked. Hakyeon was sitting on a table alone so nobody was going to disturb or pay him any mind , or so they had thought.

“Well…dead. On the same night..murdered… like your father.”

Leo couldn’t control the frown between his eyebrows.

“I don’t understand, how did you survive?” He asked, without any effort of trying to hide the idea that the thought itself was seeming rather suspicious to him.

Hakyeon gulped down a glass of water,

“I wasn’t at home…”

“But… it’s surprising how the killer didn’t went after you later…”

Hakyeon fidgeted a little, Leo didn’t notice. Then Hakyeon was again munching down on his food.

“I saw the killer you know… I didn’t see his face, because it was dark, but I saw him!”

“Hmm… I heard it before. Well, he didn’t go after you either,”

“well, he killed my parents as well, so maybe that’s why we ended up together.” Leo said, pensively. His conclusion moderately made Hakyeon a bit jittery, he didn’t know how to react to that accusation.

“Your father only….. He didn’t do anything to your mother…” Hakyeon casually corrected Leo.

“Well, your parents-“

“Don’t…just don’t mind my parents.” Hakyeon put down the chopsticks. He didn’t know how long he could actually handle this type of questions anymore. But he was curious about something, and he hoped Leo would reply to him.

“Last time you said your mother made you promise to something stupid…” Hakyeon spurted out the question for him. He didn’t want to talk about this matter ever again after today. So let all the questions that he had for Leo to be cleared today.

“hmm…”

“What was it?” Hakyeon’s voice was leveled, but yet it seemed somewhat strong. There was a sharpness hidden in his tone.

“It’s too stupid.”

“I still wanna know..”

Leo realized Hakyeon haven’t quite matched his gaze with him while he talked about these matters. It affronted him for some reason, so he curtly replied,

“Don’t want to.”

Hakyeon baffled by the sudden change of flow in Leo’s tone turned to him. He didn’t say anything just blinked several times, maybe to surf for words inside of his brain.

“Well… I answered you so you should-“

“I don’t think there was any rules like that.”
“That’s not how you play the game Leo..”

Leo scowled at Hakyeon. Hakyeon’s face really gave away a desperation for knowing the reason, something that bemused Leo. A smirk ever so slightly appeared on his lips.

“Who said we were playing any game here?”

Hakyeon’s mouth clamped shut. He again blankly stared at the ghost a few times. He was feeling a range of emotions, that mostly conveyed confusion and regret.

Sneaky ghost!

Hakyeon squinted at Leo before turning his head around.

“Fine… lets stop playing the games, then” he stood up from his seat, rather elegantly. Even the way he took his first step seemed elegant. Leo followed his steps half challenging and half dazedly.

“ Prepare yourself. I’m gonna put a lot of splits in the next dance,” And Hakyeon turned around, to see the face of the even more paler Leo. It seemed as if his words had managed to drain even the little bit of color that Leo had within himself. Hakyeon flashed an ear to ear sugar coated grin at him. The grin didn’t make Leo blush this time, instead his eyes widened with a horrid expression of realization about who still held the key to make the rules over here.

“So Leo-sshi, let’s have fun tomorrow. Whaiting!” Hakyeon cooed.

 

Ravi seemed lifeless. After they had returned he just kept on sitting on the floor, not moving. It was hard to even guess if he was still breathing or not. After Hyuk dropped them off to their house, Ravi had taken that stance and refused to move even if someone had threatened him to shoot if he didn’t move. Hongbin and Ken both in their own individual way tried to make the boy move a little, but after failing multiple times they now just sat on the bed, keeping their eyes on the other one.

Ken was dodging off now. He had been looking at Ravi for about three hours straight by now. How much he missed his old bed at Hakyeon’s house now. Hongbin shifted in his place. His back was aching from sitting straight for so long. Ken gave a small jerk before looking up at Hongbin.

“I’ll just go to sleep….. wake me up if something happens,” Ken sloppily said as he sluggishly dragged his body out of the room. Hongbin didn’t reply him, he didn’t feel like saying anything to him after what Ken had told him in the morn.

Tch…. Living in my house…. He just called me a murderer…. What a nerve!

That was the only thing ringing in his mind whenever he looked at Ken. He was truly offended by Ken’s words.

Hongbin stood up. His feet slowly moved towards the garden, returning after a few minutes, Groggily he walked up to Ravi, holding a ladybug on his palm he started,

“Go to bed, or I’ll make you sleep with it tonight….” He whispered. Ravi drowsily looked up, not opening his eyes to full, but seeing the bug, his eyes became more than fully widened. He jumped on his feet immediately.

“WHA! Where did you find that?”

Letting the ladybug go, Hongbin carefully stood up, next movement, a direct smack on Ravi’s head.

“WHAT THE HELL!!!” Ravi screamed. Hongbin didn’t give a damn, as he again seemed to get ready for another one. Ravi was right, he did tried to hit him, but Ravi dodged.

“Why are you hitting me?” Ravi asked, rather loudly. Hongbin finally flexed his muscle, he was not going to hit him anymore. Instead he was going to talk to him, ask him about what exactly happened there. He exhaled a deep sigh, moving towards the bed, sitting with his arms crossed. Eyes fixed into the other ones.

“That was rather easy…” Hongbin haughtily said.

“Now, care to explain…How the hell did you find that dead body?” Hongbin’s voice sounded sharp, almost as if it was an order.

Ravi finally relaxed his shoulders. Waiting for a while he moved towards Hongbin, taking a sit beside him. His eyes were again holding another blank stare. Hongbin cautiously gave him an observing look.

“Well…. I was just waiting by the cab…..,” Ravi started.

“Uhmm… Ken had already mentioned that much….. You were supposed to be only doing that. I am asking what happened after that!”

“I’m saying! Then I saw a puppy….it was white. Not the normal street dog type. Rather a rich breed. But it was walking around alone on the street. It even came out of the allay behind the tall building. For once I thought it got lost! But it didn’t have any belt around it’s collar! So I grabbed it. It was really soft, it even woof-“

“YA!” Hongbin screeched. Ravi startled looked by his side.

“Did I ask you to describe a puppy to me? I’m asking how you found that body!”

Ravi fidgeted a little,

“Well, I’m coming to that…. So when I grabbed it, my hand felt something wet. Looking at the felt spot, I found blood! I thought the puppy was hurt! So I started examining it. But it wasn’t! Rather it was its feet that was painted with red. So I looked down and saw red dog steps coming out of the allay and finishing before me. So I gave the taxi fare and followed the trail, and the next thing I saw was that dead body…..”

Hongbin huffed, half in exasperation and half in incredulity.

“You followed a puppy and found a dead body?” Hongbin wailed. Ravi nodded in acknowledgement.

“Kim Ravi, Do you really thing THAT is believable?”

Ravi again nodded. Hongbin raised his hand once, stopping it midway, he clenched his fist. Honestly, that was an absurd excuse, in fact the worst excuse any could have ever made in the past four centuries he thought. But he also very well knew his friend, so even that impossible excuse seemed very well true to him. Hongbin instead brought his hand close to his temple. Making circulating movement with his fingers on his forehead he again let out another long sigh. It rather sounded like a deflated sigh.

“Okay….let’s say you are saying the truth. Now explain, why you called N hyung rather than all of us sitting in the building? We could have escorted you earlier as well…”

Ravi flinched a little. A light shadow of guiltiness overshadowed his tanned feature. He looked away, Hongbin felt the tension around his aura. Hongbin again asked,

“Well?”

“Can we not talk about it?”

“Ravi…,” Hongbin said in a low and husky tone. Ravi after fumbling on one place a little finally parted his lips.

“Well….. I thought Hyung was older so he coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter