Not Again!?

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] NOT AGAIN?! [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

A/N-Okay, after so many of my beautiful readers telling me, I should somehow give this an ending...

And I'll try to end this story as fast as I can. Hope I'll be able to.

BTW I think this chapter is pure filler with unnecessary murder. I just couldn't kick this idea out.So I wrote it anyway. I promise this would be the last time you would read this type of useless madness from me. T^T

“Who the hell are you Cha Hakyeon?” Leo asked, carefully. His tone was dry, it was certain that he would not budge unless Hakyeon had given him an appropriate answer.

Hakyeon could feel the raise in his heartbeat, he felt cold. People sweat when they are nervous, he always knew that, but he was cold today. Just cold. Why?

Even his fingertips seemed as if ice had been placed on them.

He didn’t predict this coming? No, he had. He had predicted this from the very first day. Leo would ask him this question, he had to. In fact he predicted him to ask this question to him way before. Not after one month. But then what?

Leo would hate him after knowing who he was?

No… he wouldn’t. Leo shouldn’t, not when he was standing there. Why would he hate him?

What happened in the past was just a past. To Leo he was just a boy who broke left, Leo didn’t even know the next story. Not why he did it, nor what he had done later, nor what he had done to him. Leo didn’t know.

Even Leo broke a promise to him, didn’t he? So what if he hadn’t uttered it with his own mouth, but that was sort of a promise.

He couldn’t……

So Leo did not have the right to be mad at him. Leo had to let go of those childish anger behind and move forward. Forward…

What was forward for him though……

Hakyeon repeated the sentence over and over again, till Leo again asked him another question.

“The alarm from the very morning, what was it about?”

Hakyeon exhaled, till he felt like there was nothing more in his lungs to let out.

“Leo, how well do you remember your childhood?”

Leo scowled at Hakyeon,

“What?”

“You heard me..”

“Yes, why are you asking me that?”

“In your childhood there was a boy, around the age of 10, he used to annoy you a lot. Living a few blocks away from your old house.”
“What are you-”

“Come to meet you at the evening, talk with you. He used to ask your name a lot, but you never told him. You never bothered to ask his either.”

Leo kept quiet, the memory was blurry, but he did remember what Hakyeon was saying. There was a kid, and they really do used to talk a lot at dusk, while he sat out of his house to look if his drunk father had come home alone or with another lady to accompany him. That kid never told him why he would sit there though, but they did talk. Gradually, dusk became a time for Leo to wait for that kid to show up and have a conversation with him.

“That doesn’t mean that he’ll know about my parent’s death,” Leo replied, carefully.

Yeah, there was a kid that he used to talk to, and now that Hakyeon had mentioned he did look like that kid. But that kid also left before his parents died, so there was no way for the kid to actually know about when his father died.

“You forbade him to do something the last time you had met him….remember?” Hakyeon’s voice was only above a whisper. Leo was unable to see the expression on his face because of him lowering it.

Leo tried to recall.

“Don’t you remember where you last saw him Leo?”

Was it on our balcony? No…

It took him a few seconds but he eventually remembered. The scenery was quite same as before, it’s rather more surprising that he hadn’t noticed the striking resemblance before Hakyeon had mentioned.  Their last encounter was on the very place where he was standing. Just the positioned changed. Then it was him who stood in Leo’s place and Leo stood in Hakyeon’s. Surely another change was there, at that time, Leo’s grave was missing as well. Was his question answered?

No….

The story became more complicated to him. He knew Hakyeon from his childhood. They used to gossip together. They grew attached to each other, but Leo never asked the other’s name, because he didn’t want to say his. And then one day he vanished. He didn’t come, he didn’t see him, for a long time. He waited, he waited for him every single damn evening, but the kid wouldn’t come. Later he met him, on his father’s death anniversary, on this space, he was standing where he was now. How did a kid who vanished one year ago knew that he would be standing there? He shouldn’t have. He didn’t ask the little kid that day, he was too naïve to think of such complicated questions back then. But he had to now. Why was he there?

“You were there that day as well….”

“You still remember?”

“hmm…. How? Even then, how did you know that I would be standing there then?”

“I didn’t…”

“Stop lying!”

“I’m not…. I truly didn’t expect you to stand there that day…… I just did not…it was a sheer coincidence,” Hakyeon’s voice was louder. As if he was trying to protest to the idea of Leo accusing of another absurd thing that he didn’t do after mentioning all the things he did. A small pause, and then again his lips started to move.

“Leo…that night your father was not the only dead person lying on the road, there was another lady….”

Leo frowned a little, a form of “y” between his brows. Could he guess what Hakyeon was about to say? No he couldn’t. A blast of damp air hit Hakyeon’s whole body, it was still too warm to enjoy, but Hakyeon felt cold. The air almost made him shiver, as if reminiscing about his connection was still fearful to him, and maybe the fear was almost terrifying enough to cause him fever. He didn’t know. But his hands were already fisted into tight balls.

“And that lady was none other than my own mother….”

Was Leo supposed to believe it?

A boy, who was his talking partner, went hiding, then after more than ten years, when Leo had died, he was again reunited with him for three months, to find out that the lady by whom his father was found deceased was none other than his mother,

….

Does that even make any sense?

“That makes no sense…..”

Hakyeon felt the vibration in his pocket. The ghost felt it too. Ignore it? He could have, but after what happened in the morning… Hakyeon decided to abandon that thought. Leo could very well wait a one or two minutes. There was no hurry, at least not on the human’s side. If you are thinking they call each other too much, then for you, who doesn’t take it even when you are calling him, would he care to check the text? Hmm…. Just use a little brain. Leo also thought the same thing. After all it was the era of modern technology, so why not make the best use of it.

Leo was confused. What was he feeling? Angered, appalled or annoyed? He waited there bewildered as he saw the living one put the phone to his ear. Hakyeon’s eyes were looking at him, Le couldn’t see any lie, no trace of joke or no trace of anything. His heart beat, his breathing was all normal. What was he saying? The little that Hakyeon had thought was enough to clarify the reason for him to know about the graveyard or the death anniversary had made no sense to Leo.

“Hello….”

“Hyung….Hyung! Are you there???”

Ravi’s voice flowed from the other side. His voice was shaking, Hakyeon could very well sense the fear that he filled Ravi’s voice.

“Hyung… come quickly! Please!” Ravi started begging, his voice breathy, as he struggled to take in breaths.

“Ravi… What’s wrong? What happened?”

“Hyung…please!”

“Okay… first take a deep breath…”

“HYUNG!!” Ravi was crying. Hakyeon could tell from the tone of his voice about how much scared the boy was. Despite of being confused Hakyeon started walking, away from the grave, away from the graveyard.

“Where are you?”

It took a while before the next answer came.

“The allay behind Hyuk’s shopping complex.”

Hakyeon, raised his hand to stop a cab. The first one didn’t stop, it went by, Hakyeon again started waving his hand. Phone still in the other one.

“Hurry hyung!” Ravi whimpered.

“What’s wrong Ravi?”

…….. A cab stopped by, and Hakyeon tried to get on, LEO DIDN’T LET HIM. He blocked his way, surely the transparency would not have affected Hakyeon in any way but still, N stopped.

“There’s a dead spider lily before me.”

“Hmm…so what?” Hakyeon asked a little silently, matching his concerned gaze with Leo’s dark one.

“But there’s red all around it…”

 Hakyeon’s eyes widened, he slowly cancelled the call and put the phone back to his pocket. Eyes searching for what Leo would say. Hakyeon very well knew Leo heard everything that Ravi had said. Surely he had heard them, but Leo was still blocking the way. What could Hakyeon do now?

“My answered isn’t yet answered, Hakyeon.”

“We can continue this later..” Hakyeon whispered.

“I need Answers!!”

“Yes…and my friend needs help!” Hakyeon said through greeted teeth. Now he was also challenging his patience. He was sure he had said enough. That little story was enough for Leo to be elucidated on every connection of him knowing about his life, but Leo still was not budging. He still fade that dark gaze in his eyes. Hakyeon was waiting for him to move, he might as well have started tapping on the ground, folding his hands before his torso if the driver already wasn’t scowling at him.

“Excuse me! Are you going to get on?” The driver finally blurted out. Annoyance was simply the first thing Hakyeon and Leo had noticed.

Hakyeon shifted his gaze between the driver and Leo once, his gaze was getting impatient.

“Leo, I’ve said enough. Just think about them a little, it’ll all become clear to you. So please….” His voice was low, but the begging in it was not little. Leo could see how much Hakyeon was waiting for him to move away. For once Leo felt a bit agitated, about how his dongsens would need to interfere every single moment they would get together, alone, be it a soft lonely time or be it a super tensed day as now, they would always impede while Hakyeon would always need to put their wish first rather than Leo’s. And the next thing you would know is, we have a murder case at hand, with some obvious suspects that the umma finds absolutely innocent. But the second thought proved that Leo was not of that disvalue to him. After all, if Hakyeon really was putting all his dongsens to another level above him then he wouldn’t have waited for Leo to move. Leo very well understood, how useless his blocking was, and even if he had stubbornly stood there for the next five minutes, then Hakyeon might as well pass through him. It’s because he cared about what Leo was about to say that he was standing there in the first place.

Leo gritted his teeth, the situation was not in his favor. He would eventually go to Ravi anyway, so it was better for him to move while he was being politely asked.

“Thank you,” Hakyeon said Leo could see how soft his gaze had become, and how the motherly smile broke onto his face. Hakyeon was glad, he was satisfied………relieved. Leo nodded in reply, head too much preoccupied with the story Hakyeon had told him.

------

The rest of the crew just stood there looking at each other as the hiphop guy’s phone came out busy and then he ignored all the calls. Ken was tapping on the floor, looking at every object around him. Hyuk dismissed the guards, waiting for Ken to reply something. Hongbin was a bit more tensed about the spilled ketchup on this shirt rather than the unreasonable tension in the air.

“I think I should go down and start looking for him,” Ken suggested.

“Hmm… you do that,” Hongbin mumbled, half caring about what Ken was even talking about, and fully focused on the damp napkin that was rubbing the red on his shirt, to try to get it off.

“Should I join you?” Hyuk suggested, starting to walk to the elevator even before Ken had started moving. He stopped, by the sudden tug of his forearm. Hyuk glared at the hand of his stopper before eyeing the owner. A sly smile approached Hyuk’s face as he slowly put his large hand on the small one.

“Don’t you think you are crossing the lines a bit too much lately, Mr. Manager?” Hyuk’s voice was dim. A bit sharp on the edges, almost as if like a threat. And on normal basis, Hyuk thought his manager would let go, but he didn’t. The tug was weak now, but his hand still rested on Hyuk. The manager looked down, bowing his head a little, in an apologetic notion.

“Forgive my intrusion sire, but I believe we have enough guards around here for you to go down and look for someone. Beside I might as well be of any service to you. So please allow us to take the matter at hand.” The manager replied in his regular tone. It always seemed funny to Hyuk of how that small person behind him would like to act up so much, when he really was just half of his size. His manager seemed adorably cute at those times, and maybe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter