Internet?

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] INTERNET[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]“Well, Hyuk isn’t picking up his cell phone.” Ken angrily declared tossing his phone on Ravi’s lap. Ravi casually took it in his hand, wondering if he had ever seen Ken angry like this once in the whole past month.

 

“Well, if we are going to Seoul, where will we look for them?” Ravi asked, concern was also flickering in his tone. But his concern was dim compared to Ken, because Ravi still had his trust on Hongbin, just a little doubt had formed inside of his head, but he tried to shake it off, and that is why he was going there. But on Ken’s side the doubt was strong.

Yes, his own instinct might have been wrong, maybe he was doubting on Hongbin for no reason, but the number of people that had felt the same intrusion had increased hadn’t it? Even his best friend Ravi was now doubting him, maybe his doubt was a little spark compared to Ken’s and honestly Ken wouldn’t have even cared about what Hongbin had to do with any of this, only if Hakyeon just had not been mentioned by Ravi. If Hakyeon was in danger right now, then it was necessary for Ken to step in, and take Ravi’s doubt in mind.

Surely unlike Ravi who was doubting both Hongbin and Hyuk, Ken doubted Hongbin the most.

Why?

He could never forget Leo asking for Hongbin to be Hakyeon’s partner, could he now?

 

“Is that even a question to ask?”Ken retorted.

 

“Well…we dunno where N hyung lives…” Ravi tried to fact but Ken’s face wrinkled at his words.

 

“We are not going to N….We are going to Hongbin’s work place….Hyuk’s company..”

 

“You know where that is?” Ravi asked shocked.

 

Ken rolled his eyes at Ravi, not to bother replying him. Obvious that he knew, or else he wouldn’t be jumping to Seoul now.He had spent enough time with Hyuk than he had with them. Being the second last one to be invited in this group, he was the one he had gotten the most closest to. And maybe that was also another reason why he wasn’t doubting Hyuk. Just like Ravi wasn’t completely doubtful of Hongbin.

 

“Wow….. that’s a huge poster of yours…” Hakyeon declared looking at a huge picture of Leo wearing suit of Hyuk’s company hanging inside of Hyuk’s fathers clothing store(?), the main branch.

“You modeled for them?”

Hakyeon asked observing it from every angle. Leo was standing with a lady in the poster, the lady’s arm placed on Leo’s chest, while Leo’s hand wrapped around her waist as he looked at the camera daringly.

 

“With a lady….”

 

Emphasizing on the word’ lady’ Hakyeon raised his eyebrow at Leo. Well, he modeled for a company, and it shouldn’t matter, but for some reason it mattered to Hakyeon , he also found it odd because he also dances with girls and a man is supposed to model with a lady, surely it wouldn’t be pretty if he had wrapped his hand around a man’s waist instead but he had just blurted it out without thinking, no way to take back your words now, is there?

And like any normal person what Leo should have replied was ask so what, but he found himself unable to say that. Instead he replied,

 

“Well…. I was directed…..”

 

Obviously…..what am I even asking!

 

Hakyeon cleared his throat for no reason, again looking at the poster.

 

“It’s a surprise that they kept a dead model’s picture…” Leo said looking at it, Hakyeon could see the tortured expression in his eyes.

 

“You have been staring at it for a while….” Hyuk said, perceptibly directed at Hakyeon, while his eyes looked through the women’s clothing section. They were pretty laced skirt that Hyuk had found interest in.

 

“Does Hyuk have a girlfriend?” Hakyeon whispered, directed at Leo. Leo shook his head,

 

“Probably for his elder sister….her legs are paralyzed.”

 

Hakyeon shocked to hear Leo’s reply flinched a little, Hyuk seemed to notice that, because he just turned to Hakyeon  tucking his both hand into his pocket, a childish smirk playing on his lips, his blonde hair shining a bit more than ever under the bright light of the market.

 

“Fan of Leo or something?” Hyuk asked curtly.

 

Hakyeon brought his hand upto his chest to wave them a little, smiling brightly that his eyes formed crescent.

“Nah… he just seemed appealing and also…his kinda gone so it was weird to still see his picture..”

 

The smirk broke into an actual grin as he scratched his forehead a little with his left index, eyes again back to scan through the clothes.

 

“Well, dead people gets more sympathy that helps us to sell you know…it’s good to have some people

Dead”

 

Leo’s hand fisted as he looked at Hyuk with sheer disbelief. Hakyeon wasn’t shocked to hear Hyuk’s view of world, because he himself believed that same view, not everyone deserved to live. But the fact that someone thought like that about Leo was just …….

unexpected.

 

“What are you talking about Hyuk? Leo was a nice guy..”

 

“How do you know?”Hyuk retorted.

 

I hated him to death….”

 

“What?”

Leo was again shocked. Too shocked to even register the word. He had once even visited their house, on his sister’s birthday because his sister was a huge fan of him, and they wanted him to sing for her. He did photoshoot in this company and Hyuk laughed and gossiped with him then as well, for hours, never had he ever showed any trace of hating Leo so how could he, after he was dead say that he hated him?

Leo’s bottom lips trembled a little, maybe to utter something, but couldn’t. Hakyeon looked at Leo’s condition, well it wasn’t as if he could do something to soothe him but he yet decided to at least have a talk with him.

 

“ Hongbin’s photo shooting isn’t over yet. Shouldn’t you at least check on him once?”

Hakyeon suggested, Hyuk shook his head. Eyes focused on a light pink skirt with white lace.

 

“Umm….wait a bit….” Hakyeon said signaling Leo with eyes to follow him. Leo not budging momentarily eventually followed Hakyeon.


 

They stood before the glass walls of the store. From  the sixth floor, the people on the roads seemed like ants to them. A small crowd formed on the road, Hakyeon could see some camera man and stuffs.

 

Some drama was being shot he thought. Hakyeon faced Leo,Leo’s usual expressionless face seemed extra emotionless, almost as if he had turned into a stone. Hakyeon started with a comforting tone after looking around a bit, nobody was around them. He eventually fixed his eyes on the road.

 

“He’s a kid…He probably doesn’t understand what he said. Even I don’t like everyone. Don’t take his words to the heart,” Leo didn’t reply, he just simply nodded.

Today was getting weird, from the very beginning, till now, the day kept getting weirder. Over that it was not a happy day for him. He was just getting hurt, and being dead was making it worse.

 

“Leo…” Hakyeon hushed, Leo turned his face to his right. Hakyeon was facing him, Leo’s eyes wandered around a little to see if anyone was looking at Hakyeon or not, but seeing none he again fixed it on Hakyeon.

 

“I’m sorry….” His tone was even more comforting now, almost like a mother’s tone. Leo didn’t know why Hakyeon was sorry. Was he sorry for what Hyuk had said or was it because he was dead and had to know that he was hated?…he couldn’t tell. But he didn’t feel like knowing the reason either, so he merely nod.

 

“You must be going through a lot today…”

 

Leo lowered his eyes, his inside was burning. The feeling was awful, he felt like just sitting down there and burst into tears hearing Hakyeon’s words, but he couldn’t. after all, ghost don’t cry.

 

Hakyeon felt a slight pinch in his heart seeing the expression on Leo’s face. The expressionless feature was so filled with hurt and pain that he was shocked to even know that it was that easy to read his face. Hakyeon felt guilty of many reason, just guilty enough to break promises.

 

“Leo…” Hakyeon whispered, he also had his eyes lowered, but Leo didn’t see.

 

“Let’s visit the graveyard today. It’s your father’s death anniversary after all.”

 

Every word went heard by Leo, he gradually lifted his head up. Hakyeon had his head lowered, eyes behind the fringes Leo couldn’t see. He again felt weird, Hakyeon had ignored him for the past two weeks for that reason, then he argued with him for that reason as well, and now he was just ready to go there, just like that?

 

But a simple question played on his mind while recalling what Hayeon had told him when he had wanted to go to visit grave.

 

Did I ever say that it was my father’s death anniversary? Didn’t I just say parent?

 

But Leo didn’t ask it. As the day was already getting annoying as it was and when Hakyeon had just tried to make him a little happier, he just could not destroy his effort by asking such a silly question. He must have been a paranoid that he even had thought of something like that.

Leo just gave him a smile, that he didn’t know if Hakyeon had seen or not. Hakyeon just slowly moved away, even when he moved Leo couldn’t see his eyes, they were still hidden behind hisfringes.

 

Hakyeon again went to Hyuk, who was now looking at the t-shirt section for girls. Hakyeon slowly stood behind Hyuk, also staring at the particular blue shirt that Hyuk observed dearly.

 

“Your older sister likes blue?”

Hakyeon gleefully asked.

Hyuk flinched, it took him a while to turn around. And when Hyuk turned around Hakyeon was a bit shocked by seeing that expression on Hyuk’s face. Hyuk was appalled and suspicious, Hakyeon didn’t know of what but he could clearly see that suspicion on his face.

Hyuk’s lips twitched a little as if he tried to force a smile. The smile seemed like plastic, letting out a small huff, he rubbed his left index against his nose, right hand still in pocket. His eyes observed Hakyeon for a while.

Hakyeon raised his both eyebrows, he again started to wonder if he again had said something that had sound offending. He was doing that a lot recently, thanks to his big mouth.

 

“My sister?” Hyuk asked, a bit low in tone, his finger still under his nose and his right eyebrow perked a little. He looked intrepid.

 

Hakyeon surfed through his brain, to actually think of what to reply. For some reason saying one single yes didn’t seem like an option to him. But the other option was to say, he guessed it, which he also destroyed because he just mentioned the word older before him.

 

Hyuk didn’t wait long, almost as if his silence already had given him the answer.

 

“How do you know about my sister?”

 

“Internet.” And the most useful universal lie of the world about some important business figure was Hakyeon’s only .

 

Hyuk removed his hand from his nose, holding the hand in the mid air, he took a step ahead. A bit slowly, eyes looking at Hakyeon icily, the smile turning into a smirk.

 

“Internet?” He mocked, his voice sharp on the edge.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter