Chapter 2

Death and Destined Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8 months back

Bora chatted on as her husband walked and watched their entwined arms while his wife's addictive laughter rang in his ears. They were happy, and he was proud he could keep her happy.

"Yah! Yah? Howonnie?"

"Uh-uh?" He snapped out of his inner world.

"So you weren't listening? " She pouted.

"Ah... hehe... well... I was... but till a certain point."

"Howon, your words never make sense," She sighed.

"They do, but people like you wouldn't understand the depth of my words." Howon teased.

Bora snickered, mumbling, "So full of himself..."

"And..." he started extra loudly, "I have better hearing ability than normal people."

"So you do admit that you are abnormal. Mentally abnormal." She challenged.

"Yes, darling, mentally abnormal because I am so in love with you."

"Oh my god Howon, you are so cheesy!" She dramatically commented before the couple burst out laughing.

"Howon! The wizard needs you!" Someone shouted from across the streets.

Howon looked lovingly at his wife, "Would the lady mind going home alone? "

"No, not really... but can I come with yo-"

"No!" He denied quickly, but smiled instantly, knowing how much this simple gesture could comfort her, "I promise I will be home as soon as possible."

She smiled back, reassuringly, "I will wait."

He bent down and lightly kissed her stomach, and he whispered, "Make sure she eats properly and on time."

"Or 'he'!" She exclaimed, excitedly.

"Yes, of course. Go to bed if I am late, okay?"

"We'll see. If the lady is sleepy."

His smile grew wider as he patted her hair and they parted ways. He watched as she vanished in a blink. He smiled at the thought of her already being at home, safe and sound.

So this is the land of miracles. A man who has ever set foot on this land has developed an ability. Small or big. Bad or good. Significant or insignificant. Bora could move faster than the wind. And Howon could deal with death. Yes, deal with death.

"You can deal with death?" He was often asked.

"I can send death further in time." He would answer.

"That's it! It's an amazing ability!" An excited answer would make it's way to his ears.

"But that's just death. I can't deal with death when it's destined to kill a man. I can only deal with death. Not 'destined death'." He would answer once again, always calm and composed. As if afraid of saying something wrong, spiiling some secret. No one got what he said though. He either just saved a man from falling down the building or just saved a kid from drowning in the water or cured a ganny's dying disease. After all what he did for people, his words never made sense anyway.

He came and stood infront of the spooky mansion. He and the wizard were never in good terms. And now that the wizard needed him, he couldn't help be suspicious. Was the wizard playing tricks? Or trying out a new spell on him?

The wizard was said to be there since forever. His grandparents, and their grandparents and their great - grandparents and theirs and theirs, everyone knew the wizard. The wizard has always been there, either helping or troubling people with her newest magical spells. The wizard knew a lot of spells. A lot. She was a witch, literally. If there was one thing the wizard couldn't do, it was perhaps saving a life. So she envied Howon. It was obvious.

He knocked at the Wizard's. Upon not receiving a reply, he invited himself in.

"Howon, my dear." A croaky voice greeted him. Undoubtedly, the Wizard. Her voice was unpleasant, always.

"Yes, you called for me, Wizard?" He answered, displeasure colouring his face.

"Oh yes, I did! For if I need help, it will always be you. Your father who is like my father and your mother who-"

"Is so sweet and my grandfather who is like your grandfather and my whole family who is like yours." Howon cut the Wizard mid-sentence and finished her speech he had heard so many times. The speech he had memorised.

"Absolutely!" The Wizard's frog-voice exclaimed, "And for this to come true, let's get married!"

"What the ." Howon breathed out unconsciously. Out of all the weird thoughts the Wizard has had, this one was definitely the weirdest. And funniest.

"Why? Don't you think it would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter