Understanding

Boys Over Flowers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Understanding [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] "Calm down Jiyong," Youngbae sighed while watching his best friend pace the hall in front of the nurses office. "It's not like he is dead or mentally traumatized."

Jiyong stopped pacing to look back at his friend in utter disbelief. "Don't you understand Bae? He might have gotten . R-A-P-E-D. It's a big issue for such an innocent person like Seungri. If he is , he is mentally tramatized from the horrifying experience!"

"So what are you going to do then. Huh? Give up on him? Don't forget that I know you better than you know yourself. You are Kwon Jiyong, the leader of F4 and the heir to Bigbang company, the biggest company in Korea, and I know he isn't the guy to give up on his love or pride."

Jiyong didn't feel like the leader of a small group of boys, nevertheless the heir to a company, he also didn't know how to respond to the statement; his mind too full at the moment to process the words flowing out of a mouth who's owner was now babbling on about pride.

"~pride isn't something a man can obtain quickly and easily, for it is done by years of trust and losing the pride to gain what has been lost. Giving up on Seungri could be an unusual tactic to get him, very unusual in fact, but it might work. He might fall for you, slowly but surely, unless he has another lover in mind, and you can hardly qualify as a lover, much less a friend."

Hearing the words spat out carelessly by someone, nonetheless his own friend, best friend to be more exact, Jiyong quietly responded with venom encircling each and every one of his words.

"Seeing how you, yourself, haven't got any lover, man or woman, it seems I have been a bit more successful in relationships than you have dear friend."

He regretted the words the moment they came out upon seeing Youngbae's face turning a light pink, flushing darker by the minute, realizing the fact that all his friends have dated at least a girl, or a boy once, but he, being the shyest one in the group, hasn't had even a word with his crushes.

"Do you think it is easy for me?" He shoved his head under his hood, the shadows covering the humiliation written on his face. "To come home after a meeting about you guys all talking about which girl to...to hook up with, then smugly laugh to my face, that I could try to talk to the girl, to warm her up so one of you can knock her senseless? I took acting lessons to keep my face emotionless, it has worked up until now. Oh no," he held up a finger along with a new gaze, looking like a reprimanding teacher when Jiyong opened his mouth to interrupt, "That might be hard enough, yes Jiyong, I know you agree, but then imagine coming home and getting beaten senseless by your very own father, which in my case makes it wose for the fact that my father is the womanizer, the heart of all women, the playboy in the family. He stares at me with his cold glares, shooting lasers of disappointment at me for I cannot find my spell to seduce a woman. He does it everyday, doesn't it make it hard enough on me without you teasing Jiyong?"

Mouth hung open, Jiyong stood with his weak legs from the explosive words popping out, his pity not expressive enough for his friend who seemed to be on the verge of a break down.

"I'm sorry," he said at last, finding words to say. "I didn't know you had a....a burden," he chose his words carefully. "That burden must have been hard enough to hold without us teasing you. I'm sorry Youngbae."

He knew it was a lame apology, that he didn't deserve to be friends with a person like Youngbae, when Youngbae turned around with his small eyes crinkling. "I'm not mad at you, I shouldn't have handled the situation like this. Apologies given and taken."

Jiyong let out a sigh, "Thank you Bae," he breathed. Youngbae smiled lightly, the conversation forgotten behind them. Jiyong resumed pacing in front of the door, making Youngbae roll his eyes in exasperation.

He huffed, "He'll be okay Ji," his eyes softened, "He might not even be . Don't be too worried," his hands reached out to stop Jiyong and pull him into a comforting hug.

Jiyong sniffed, "It's just, I haven't felt this way about anyone else before. It's almost too scary," he whispered softly. Youngbae nodded, knowing the feeling of having a crush on someone. It's truly an amazing feeling, having a crush. Everytime you see them, your heart races faster, your palms get sticky and wet, your head starts spinning as you try to think of what to say to them.

Youngbae smiled, "At least you have had a girlfriend before, I only had crushes. You finally get to experience on having a crush that you can't get yet," he smirked, trying to relieve Jiyong's tension.

And it worked. Jiyong's back which was knotted up, relaxed; his dazed face that had pain and confusion written on it soon dissolved into a gummy smile. Youngbae applauded himself mentally, Jiyong's relaxed and now they can go home.

That hope was crushed the moment the nurse's room slammed open with the nurse gazing down at them with worried eyes.

 

"Is he okay doctor?" Jiyong nervously asked, gripping the side of the bed where Seungri lay. Youngbae couldn't help but sigh from the overdramatic reaction. It wasn't like Jiyong was in a drama, or a hospital at least. They were still in school.

The nurse smiled knowingly, "He's fine, just knocked out that's all. And your worries about him getting ?" she leaned over to fluff Seungri's pillow a bit more, "Was all a misunderstanding. And a waste of time too. This young boy here," she pulled the bed covers up to his chin, "Has a huge gash on his thigh, no signs of being ."

Jiyong felt like a huge stone was lifted from his stomach; that was an understatement. It felt like an elephant stepped off his stomach after hours of jumping on him. He grabbed Seungri's hand daringly. Youngbae raised his eyebrows but didn't say a word.

"I want you to know that he is in a very fragile position right now, please don't hurt him anymore in any way, physically or mentally," the nurse warned as she took out a chart full of medications that Seungri needed to take.

"Is he really badly hurt?" Jiyong timidly asked, groaning to himself as Seungri looks obviously really hurt. The nurse chuckled and answered, "It's all bruises and some small cuts. He's a heavy bleeder I'm afraid."

"That's it?"

Youngbae resisted the urge to sew Jiyong's mouth together to stop him from sighing one more time.

"Yes," the nurse smiled kindly, "That's it. No harm done."

 

'Why is hobbling so hard to do?' Seungri mentally groaned while walking back to home from school. He had to stay home from school for about a week after his incident. The word of the incident spread quickly and the rumor about Jiyong protecting Seungri also spread like wildfire.

Seungri shivered. He remembered meeting the 3 Beauties of the school again, something he promised he would never do again. 

Recalling the memory, he felt his face go warm again, they had embarrassed him quite badly.

"Seungri?" Seungyoon waved his hand in front of Seungri's face, "I called your name about 5 times already."

"Oh," Seungri blushed once more, "Sorry about that. I was thinking about something embarrassing that happened today."

"I can tell," Seungyoon said wryly, "Your face got really red and then you blocked me out and then I had to wave my hand in front of you."

"That's a long run-on sentence," Seungri pointed out. Seungyoon's face turned shocked and he pretended someone shot him in the heart.

"I am wounded! How can you correct your best friend's own sentences?" he pointed an accusingly finger toward Seungri, making him laugh. Seungyoon laughed with him before wiping his tears away and asked Seungri, "But really, what happened at school today? I came around lunchtime because of a doctor's appointment and missed all the drama!"

Seungri sighed heavily, "Fine... Here's what happened."

 

"Hey laundrymat," Jinwoo called, sneering at Seungri's back, "How can you just enter the school and become a ? Is it because you already had experience? I bet your father made you sell your body to earn some extra money. Not that you make much with that body," he added with a taunt.

Rap Monster laughed snidely, elbowing Jungkook when he didn't laugh. Hesitantly, Jungkook laughed along with him, but it sounded forced and fake. "That's a good one Jinwoo," he tried to joke, but his smile looked like a grimace.

The smile on Rap Monster slid off quickly, quickly turning into a frown. He grabbed Jungkook's collar and held him up, "Are you taking that 's side? 'cause you aren't doing the right thing here, you know that?" he snarled before letting go of Jungkook.

Jungkook stumbled back into the wall of the school before brushing himself up and standing up again. He coolly collected himself and said, "I never said that I was taking that 's side, I merely am not feeling my best today," he turned around on his heel and went to his class.

Jinwoo and Rap Monster looked ecstatic, "Looks like you're all by yourself now," Jinwoo gleefully rubbed his hands together. "Let's have some fun."

Seungri took a step back, "What are you going to do?" he cried, seeing the hungry lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter