Courage

Valentine's Music

a month passed by, but jiyong was still unconscious. tears have been pouring from my eyes this whole month. I feel mad..... at myself.  it was because of me. it was my fault. if I had just realized what time it was and if I had just realized that I should have been home earlier, this wouldn't have happened. why did it have to be my jiyong? why couldn't it just have been me who got the accident? 

I locked myself in my room for the whole first week. it was a tough week. I can't go out. I can't see him. I'm not brave enough to see him. i keep blaming myself. I heard from Key that he has passed the critical phase. he told me to see him. but I can't. I just can't. I still don't have any power to see him in his condition like that. 

but now a month has passed. and Jiyong's condition is getting better. i think i'm brave enough to see him. 

I was sitting with Key at the garden in front of my house. he read me a book called 'enchanted'. it was a book about a princess who lost her prince when her prince went off to war. but in the end she found her prince in a hut, sleeping peacefully.

"key sunbae. could you take me to the hospital?" the story reminded me of Jiyong and suddenly, I really missed him. I have to see him, right now. 

"are you sure Bom-ah?" he asked me with his eyes staring deeply into mine.

"yes. I miss him." suddenly I felt my eyes getting wet. I rubbed my eyes to hold on to my tears so they wouldn't escape. 

he stood up and gave his hand so I could reach it. I followed him to his car. we went inside his car and he stepped on the pedal.

on our way to the hospital, my heart beat so fast. since the day he got the accident, I had never seen him again. so now... is the first time I'm seeing him again. I feel guilty and I feel happy at the same time. because finally.. I could see him again. Jiyong-ah..... I miss you so much.

we're finally here. at the hospital. 

"Bom-ah.....?" Key sunbae called me.

I stood in front of the room numbered 806, Jiyong's room. I was wondering how Jiyong would look like right now. is he able to speak? is he eating well? does he miss me....?

"ah.... yes sunbaenim?" I was shocked a little. 

"are you planning to go inside?" he asked me. 

"ah... of course" I closed my eyes and took a deep deep breath before I got in.

I opened the door. I could see Jiyong lying on the bed with so many cables around him. I feel like crying. but I couldn't. not in front of him. I walked closer to him. i took a chair and sat beside his bed. I could see his face clearly. I couldn't help it anymore. I cried... so hard. 

"Bom...." Key touched my shoulder.

"I'm fine sunbaenim.... it's ok. you can leave us alone" I smiled to him.

then he walked outside. 

now there's only Jiyong and I in the room. I smiled with tears all over my cheeks. I whispered his name so many times.

"i love you Jiyong.... please wake up...." I whispered to his ear. 

"sorry I've never seen you this whole time.... I wasn't brave enough to see you in this condition....." my tears fell harder.

"I'm so sorry.... but I love you...." I kissed his cheek. 

suddenly, I could feel his finger move. he opened his eyes. he stared into my eyes. and a tear fell off from his eyes. he smiled. 

"do you know how many days I've waited for you to come and see me?" he said softly.

"I could open my eyes, but i didn't want to. because the first thing I wanted to see... is you" his hand moved closer to my eye. he wiped my tears. 

"I'm sorry to make you cry.... I love you Bom" he caressed my cheek.

we talked the whole night. it's one of my best nights ever. I'd never been this happy before... well I had, when he told me that he was my childhood love and we were officially together. 

"Jiyong-ah... it's already late. you should rest and I should go home" I said after a nurse told me to go home because the visiting time was over. 

"could you just stay here?" he asked me with his innocent face.

"I can't Jiyong. I have school tomorrow" I answered him with a smile on my face.

"and you.... I know your healed already. you better go home soon, so we can hang out together again. arasso?" I kissed his cheek before I went out. I can see he was blushing. he smiled to me and waving his hand bye bye as I went.

the hospital hall was dark, there were only a few lights on. I walked out across the hall when I saw a guy sitting in a chair at the end of the hall. I was scared. 

'who is he? is he a ghost? pfhh what was I thinking? a ghost? haha it can't be' I tried to vanish my horrible thoughts. 

but then he coughed. his head turned to me. once he saw me, he stood up and walked toward me. 

'ottokae? should I run? or should I punch him with my bag? but what if he was a ghost?! I should definitely run!' I walked back and ran. he chased me. 

"yah.... Bom-ah! what are you doing?!" he yelled to me.

I stopped. I knew this voice.... it was Key sunbae's voice! Omo... what have I done?! I must be looking like nuts! ah...... such a foolish Bom.

"sorry Key sunbae.. I thought you were a ghost....." I apologized.

"you're crazy girl. you're still the same as you used to be. you 're still a fast runner huh?" he seems really tired. 

"sorry oppa....." I said softly.

"eeh? oppa?" he looked confused.

"yeah.... you told me to call you oppa right?" I asked him back.

"yes. but it's like a few weeks ago. you should have done it a long time ago" he said.

"well..... sorry. but I will call you oppa starting from right now" I showed him my big smile. he sighed.

"anyway. what are you doing this late in here?" I asked him.

"waiting for you, babbo....!" he ruffled my hair.

"Aish.... stop that!" I yelled to him. 

"sorry Bom... now let's go. you should go home. I'll drive you home" he grabbed my hand and pulled me to his car.

look how nice he was. waiting for me and driving me home just to make sure I was doing fine? he really is my big brother. the one that I could 'always' count on.