London Eye

Valentine's Music

it was a really wonderful morning in London. i stood up and was looking outside through the window of our hotel’s room. people were walking fast wearing their thick cloth and scarf avoiding winter air breeze. i recognized someone from the hustle. there was a man wearing a big thick brown cloth while holding 2 coffees. he stood there looking up to the sky.

“i still have 30 minutes.” i looked at the clock.

i was rushing to the bathroom and was preparing myself to look the best. it took almost 20 minutes for me to finish. i saw myself in the mirror and smiled. i ran down to the lobby and there he was, Key sunbaenim.

“good morning Bom, i brought us coffees.” he smiled and hand over the coffee to me.

it felt really good to finally see him again. the letter did left something to my heart. now, when i see Key sunbaenim i kind of see him as a man.

“good morning Oppa, how are you?” i took the coffee and hugged him.

“I’m doing really fine here. i just did another photography exhibition the other day, so sorry i can only meet you today” we walked outside the hotel.

“ah… really, it is fine… Jiyong been taking me to places since we arrived in London.. so.. yeah” i chuckled. i felt nervous talking to him.

“oh.. it’s great then.” he smiled

“uhm Bom, have you eaten breakfast?” he asked moving his face towards mine.

my stomach made a noise. when I woke up jiyong wasn’t there, he didn’t left any notes either. usually Jiyong will wake me up to eat breakfast in bed. i wonder where he is going. he knew that i will meet Key sunbae today, maybe that is the reason he gone from the early morning. no matter how clever he is hiding his feeling I can understand it somehow. he is jealous, period.

“now I heard it, you haven’t eaten any breakfast did you?” he chuckled and smiled to me.

“hehe yes…. the truth is I just woke up.” i smirked.

he smiled and ruffled my hair. ‘urgh don’t do it to me’ I said to myself. the moment he did that something came up in my heart. this is wrong.

he lead us to his car. but he told me to wait here while he’s speaking to the driver.. and then the driver left.

“let’s go. it is better to walk in this weather. it is cold but it is sunny. i will show you the real London.” he grabbed my hand, smiled and walked.

he really did took me to places i’ve never even aware of before. i remembered JIyong & i walked around here before but since we were enjoying myself so much i didn’t really remember it well.

i smiled, and laughed. there wasn’t a second where we’re not holding hands. he held my hand with gentle. there was something in my heart.

suddenly my phone rang. it is Jiyong. Key sunbae saw it and releasing his hand from mine, telling me to answer the phone. i was afraid Jiyong will go mad and do something reckless again. like the old time.

“yes Jiyong?” i murmured.

“have you eaten diner? sorry I’ve gone since morning. i have to do things. so where are you now?” he asked. his voice sounds so calm and casual.

“im in this restaurant, i forget the name. yes, i am eating diner now with Key sunbae. you don’t have to worry. i love you Jiyong.” i smiled.

“good to hear that. i need to take you somewhere tonight. so make sure you’re ready at 9pm.” i didn’t understand, he knows that im with Key sunbae right now.

“but jiyong.. im with Key sunbae right now… i can’t just leave him like that.” i said in disbelieved.

“it’s 9pm. how many hours you need to meet him? isn’t it enough?” he asked rather angry.

“Jiyong.. you know my condition with him. he’s like my brother, and you promised me that you will give me a time with him. i need this Jiyong” i answered calmly.

“i miss him.. it’s not like i will meet him everyday…” i added.

i can hear he’s grinning over the phone. but i did miss Key sunbae. spending one day with Key sunbae was all that i asked. Jiyong should’ve understand.

“Jiyong.. i love you, you know that aren’t you? please do believe me. i just ask for one day, that is it…” i try to convinced him.

“i love you too.” he sighed.

“so…..?” i asked with hesitate.

“i love you too. you can have your ‘one day’.” he sighed again.

“thank you Jiyong. i need you to believe in me, i love you.” i hung up the phone.

when i turned my head back, Key sunbae was there. he was behind me all along. he rubbed my chin and took my face closer to his. within a second our lips touched. his was as cold as an ice…. he was doing it so gentle that i got carried away. we were doing it for almost 2 minutes when he broke the kiss. he caress my cheek and wiped my tears away. i cried.

“i am sorry.” he apologized.

he was about to walk outside when i pulled his hand. he turned back and i can clearly saw it in his eyes. his eyes showed sadness… and on that moment i smiled and i put my lips.. gently... to his. 

we were standing in front of the London Eye. his grip is getting stronger. he moved his face towards mine and curved a smile.

‘don’t bring me in, don’t bring me in, don’t bring me in.’ these thoughts were playing around in my head.

i went here every night with Jiyong. Jiyong loves London Eye. this was his favorite place in London.

i definitely cant go there.

“Oppa…..” i squeezed his hand.

“Bom….? what is wrong?” he asked me, confused.

“can we not go there?” i asked him, begging.

“why?” he asked, but i wont answer the question.

when im with Key sunbae, everything is just different. if we go to the London Eye, it will just make my heart uncomfortable, confused. i know i love Jiyong, i know that exactly. but… i want to cherish every moment i had with Key sunbae.. without my mind always thinking of Jiyong. 

i didnt know exactly what i felt… but i think i fell for Key sunbae. in the other hand i love Kwon Jiyong like i never did to anyone else.

just when i wanted to say a word, i saw this guy. a guy that I really familiar with. and oh.. he was not alone. he was with some of his guy friends… and a girl. he was hugging that girl. i can see he was drunk.
 
i froze. i numb. weird is i didnt feel anything, only a little disappointment. a little.. so little that i can barely felt it.. i cried.
 
just at that time, fireworks started to burst on the night sky of London. with blurry eyes i smiled. the lights below the London Eye surprisingly form a sentence. a sentence that only myself and him will understand. ‘142. you’re my valentine’s music.’ once it hit me, i remembered.
 
on february 14, under the London’s night sky. 
 
there was Kwon Jiyong, staring at Park Bom and there was Park Bom, staring at Kwon Jiyong.