Love Yourself

Listen to Hyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: Everyone sees Mark as perfect. If only he saw himself that way

Title: Love Yourself

Author: Theejrich

Listening to: My bias group, gugudan. 

Word count: 1737

Thx for Reading <3

(A/N A few parts of this is incorrect compared to real life Mark. but shhhh Its my story. I gotta make the story work, ya know?)

Mark slowly walked away from school. He had borrowed Jaehyun's jacket early that day so  now he had his hoodie on. He didn't go to the same school as the others, so he always got picked up last. This time though, he didn't want to get picked up by the manager or one of the members. He wanted to be alone. He wanted to be himself. He didn't want them to worry about him. Wasn't he a big enough problem as it is? No need to become a bigger nuisance, right? 

He had a a black eye in his left eye where a student, Taejoon, had hit him. He was bullied a lot at school. Taejoon was an old friend that Mark met when he first came to Korea. One day, Taejoon him and from then on was the reason why he absolutely hated school. Everyday he had to go and feel the emotional pain of betrayal and the physical pain of Taejoon's abuse. He was lucky today though he told himself. At least he could semi-cover up with makeup and say he fell wrong. All the members were convinced that he was clumsy when the reality was he was never more agile on his feet. That shows to prove how often he has to lie about his injuries. 

He walked to a large, practically abandoned playgroud that he and Taejoon used to go to. He hoisted himself on the red bars and climbed to the top. That's where he lost it. He broke down crying. What was wrong with him? Why didn't people like him? What did he do to make Taejoon hate him? He knew he deserved to be punished byTaejoon, yet he had no reason why. Slowly, he took his backpack off and put it on his lap. Opening it up, He pulled a piece of sharp glass that he had stolen when Jisung had accidentily broke one of their awards. He put his bag on the ground. 

Carefully, he slid the sharp part of the glass over his wrist. The pain was gone. He enjoyed the feeling. Little drops of blood came out of the new wound, but Mark didn't care. He didn't want to feel the pain anymore. He cut himself a few more times until he could feel himself get dizzy. It was late now and no doubt Taeil was waiting for him, no doubt wanting an explanation. He didn't know how to explain his dissapearence. He got lost? That's all he could come up with so he chose that. He walked home. Along the way all the blood has dried up and he covered his arm with his sleeve.

Carefully, he opened the dorm and entered. He walked down the main hallway and Taeil appeared out no where. He looked very displeased

"Hey, Hyu-" Mark started. 

"I don't want to hear it. Come with me." 

Mark didn't know what had him so upset, but he guessed he was going to find out soon. Taeil led him to the eating room where a few of the older members had gathered. Mark noticed not any of the highschoolers where present. 

"Mark, we recieved a call from your school, and they said you haven't been paying attention school. They said you have just been looking into space and not caring about the world. OR the purpose you are in school in the first place." Yuta stated flatly. Yuta was never one to beat around the bush. 

"Mark-ah, are you ok?" Doyoung said, concern

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter