FaceTime (Part 1)

Wrong Number

You were about to facetime Lim Changkyun. 

And you were scared sh*tless.

"Holy hell" had been the first words to leave your mouth when your eyes had  skimmed over the words 'do you want to facetime?' causing you to almost choke on your own saliva. You could practically hear your heart beat increase as you re-read the message another three times to make sure you hadn't misinterpreted anything. You hadn't. Lim Changkyun actually wanted to (almost) talk to you face-to-face.

It was just over 5pm, and you were laying with your legs dangling over the edge of your bed trying (and succeeding) to procrastinate doing the dishes. You supposed not being able to wash a few pots because 'a Korean idol wanted to FaceTime you' would be a valid enough excuse for your mother by the time she got home from work.

"Why did I agree to this" you groaned to yourself as you ran a hand through your hair. Texting Changkyun was one thing but actually speaking to him? Yikes. 

It wasn't that you didn't want to talk to him, it was just that you would probably die on the spot before you could even muster up the courage to say hi. Or you'd make such a huge embarrassment out of yourself that you'd wish that your mum had never pushed you out of the womb. The thought of both scenarios made you frown, and you tugged slightly at your hair as if the bizarre attempt would rid your mind of any negative thoughts.

Those negative thoughts were removed from your mind however when your phone suddenly vibrated from where it was resting beside your head, causing you to jolt in surprise. You quickly turned your head and reached for the device, clicking the on button with your index finger. The small screen became illuminated, and you had to squint slightly at the sudden brightness. Your palms began to sweat slightly as you read the message that popped up on your lockscreen.

Changkyun: you're not replying so im just gonna ft you ready or not

Ah, crap. You read the message over one more time before throwing your phone onto your bed face down and diving for your dressing table that was neatly located by your window. There was no way in hell you were going to let Changkyun look at you without brushing your hair first. 

---

Around thirty seconds later you deemed yourself slightly more presentable with your hair tied back in loose pony tail. You were debating on putting on some makeup, but decided against it as you would only end up washing it off in a few hours. 

"He's not my boyfriend. I don't need to go all out for him" you thought with a sigh, though part of you still wanted to make an impression on Changkyun. He was used to beautiful people, he shared a dorm with Chae Hyungwon for christs sake. He was just going to have to deal with your ugly .

You were back on your bed now, however no longer lax in your previous position. You sat with your back against the headboard, your legs slightly spread as you stared at your phone that was placed face down between them. You bit your lip nervously as you patiently awaited his call, waiting for the obnoxious facetime ringtone to ricochet around your bedroom. 

Hesitantly you reached a hand for your phone. Shouldn't he have called by now? Maybe you should call him. Deciding that was the best option, you grabbed your phone in your hand, turning it on and typing in your passcode. You only managed to get three numbers of your passcode in before the screen shifted from your lock screen and your phone began to buzz loudly. 

You froze in disbelief as the name 'Changkyun' appeared on the upper half of your phone screen signalling that he was trying to FaceTime you. Your grip on your phone tightened as you focused on the large letters of his name with a gulp, hands trembling slightly. Why the f were you so worked up anyway? Changkyun was just a boy. Granted, he was a really handsome boy with handsome friends and a handsome music career; but he was still just a boy. You needed to calm your down. 

You took a sharp breath before shakily dragging your finger across the 'accept call' slider. Your screen then split into two rectangular boxes; you could see yourself in the smaller box in the right hand corner while the larger box had the words 'connecting' at its centre. After catching an unsatisfactory glance of yourself in the smaller rectangle you quickly decided to alternate the angle of your phone so that only your eyes, eyebrows and forehead could be seen. Better to be safe than sorry and ugly.

However, your attention was taken off your portion of the screen when the larger rectangle finally connected and loaded, and you were greeted with the  large dark eyes of Lim Changkyun. Correction, large dark eyebrows. 

"Why the hell is your camera pointed at your eyebrow?" You spoke without even thinking. Then you were screaming internally at the fact that the first words you had ever spoken to the idolised brunette were about his stupid eyebrows. What a riveting conversationalist you were.

You could hear Changkyun laugh slightly through your phone speaker. Well, it was more of a nose exhale, but that still meant he found you -somewhat- humorous, so points to you. The nerves you were feeling beforehand were slightly beginning to fade at this comfort.

"It's a nice eyebrow." Changkyun's deep voice went right through you, making you shiver slightly. You'd heard his voice in interviews and songs of course -and on the few videos he had sent to you in his spare time- but this felt like an entirely different experience. 

As if it justified what he was saying, Changkyun began to ferociously wiggle his eyebrow up and down. This made you smile slightly, and you let out a small chuckle. 

"I've seen better." You teased, raising your own eyebrow. Changkyun seemed offended at this and scoffed in disheartened disgust. 

"I doubt it." He challenged before proceeding to wiggle his eyebrow feverishly for the second time. You rolled you eyes.

"I don't care about your eyebrow game show me your stupid face." 

Changkyun stopped moving his eyebrow and repositioned his camera so you could now see both his eyes and forehead, much like how you had angled your front camera.

"I'm not showing you my stupid face until you show me yours." Changkyun practically cooed, smiling with his eyes. You frowned and this and furrowed your own eyebrows. 

"I have no make up on though. I look like a wet toe." You mumbled. 

Changkyun let out another nose exhale at your comparison before shaking his head slightly. 

"I have no makeup on either. it up." He joked. You narrowed your eyes.

"Yeah but you look like a model with or without makeup."

"And you don't?"

"I don't."

"Says who?"

"Says me."

"Well you're wrong."

"I'm never wrong."

"You're wrong now."

"Well you can choke." 

Changkyun laughed at your last comment. Actually laughed; and it was music to your ears. Your heart fluttered slightly, and you'd be lying if you said you didn't want to hear him laugh again. But for now, you had an argument to win.

"Your laugh is stupid." You lied. Changkyun laughed again, twice as hard (on purpose, you could tell) and you got that odd sensation in your chest again. 

"Why are you so mean?" Changkyun asked after his laughter ceased. 

"I was born a savage." You replied curtly with a shrug.

"Sure" Changkyun laughed again. "If I show you my face will you stop bullying me?"

"Yes." You agreed, almost too quickly. "Uh, I mean maybe. Probably." 

Changkyun's eyes lingered on yours for a moment, and for a second you thought the screen had frozen until you heard a shallow sigh and then the sound of shuffling. And then then all you saw was Changkyun's face. And the boy looked g o o d.

His hair was slightly messy, but it made him look more rugged and attractive. His lips were a rosy pink colour and they looked slightly swollen, making them look plump and extremely kissable. But you'd keep that to yourself. Changkyun appeared to be laying on some kind of dark green couch, lounging with one of his arms bent slightly above his head. He looked extremely hot, and you had to stop yourself from taking a screenshot. Changkyuns lips curved into a small smile, and you realised you had been staring at him in silence for like a full minute. Oops.

"Uh" you quickly cleared your throat in awkwardness. "Why aren't you in bed? It's late for you right?" You tried to make it less obvious that you were completely checking him out. 

"I'm not that tired." Changkyun played along. "Plus Kihyun hyung would murder me if I woke anyone up by talking to you."

"Kihyun." You repeated with a smile. "What a cutie." You swore you saw Changkyun's eyes twitch slightly when you mentioned Kihyun's name, but you dismissed it as a trick of the light.

---------

THIS IS PART ONE IM SO SORRY ITS LATE I ACCIDENTALLY DELETE IT ALL AND HAD TO WRITE IT AGAIN SMH @ ME. I AM GONNA POST IT IN 2 HALVES SO I DONT KEEP U GUYS WAITING.

and I have a random question for you guys bc I wanna be more interactive lol

question: who was your first bias in monsta x vs who is your bias now? (if ur still loyal then well done)

mine was jooheon but for like the last 2 months it's been Kihyun.

ILY ALL ILL UPDATE PART 2 SOON.