Chapter 4: Sowon's Bag

You and Me

 “Ah, Yuju-ah” Eunha said as she approached her. “Why are you here all alone?”

   “I just got back” She was lying. She had to be. “I went for more iced tea and I came back to see you playing with a sleeping Yerin’s hair”

    “It’s not what it loo—“

   “you weren’t playing with her hair?”

Eunha’s shoulders dropped, maybe she had been wrong. She had been so jumpy recently.

    “I was…” Eunha admitted. 

     “you’re cute” Yuju ruffled her hair and left.


Eunha walked towards the couch, Yerin was still sleeping on the ground, should she wake her up? She stared down at her. There was no expression on her face, she looked so calm, so…

   “Pretty” Eunha muttered. Yerin began to move slightly and her eyes opened slowly.

   “Am I?” She asked, causing Eunha to jump back. 

   “You were awake?” Eunha asked trying hard to not let her surprise show.

   “No. I was asleep...” Yerin said as she got back on her feet. Her face dangerously close to her’s to the point where Eunha could feel Yerin’s breathing against her own face. She swallowed loudly.

   “...probably” and with a wink, she too, left her to join the group.

Leaving Eunha on her own.


  “This way” Yerin instructed.

   “Yerin, weren’t you asleep like a minute ago?” SinB asked as she followed.

   “I woke up” Yerin answered monotonously. 

SinB looked at Sowon who simply shrugged.

   “Where are you taking us, Yerin?” Eunha asked.

   “Patience, my pretty” she instructed, Eunha wondered if she was imagining things because she swore she heard Yuju stiffle a laugh.

    “How long ‘till we get there?” Now it was Sowon who asked. suddenly, Yerin stopped moving.

   “we’re here” She seemed to be standing in front of a metal grid that was covered by vines and leaves. She started to move them and pull them away.

A loud creak filled the silence as the door was forcefully opened with a kick. They walked in and saw a small basketball court. It seemed rather well kept despite the fact that it mustn't have gotten any sort of maintenance in years.

   “Come in” she instructed. 

   “wow! this place is so pretty” Sowon cried as she threw her bag on the floor.

    “Unnie, don’t throw the skates” Eunha cried as she entered after her.

   “I’m surprised, this place is actually very nice” Yuju said as she tied her skates’ shoelaces. 

    “look at the stars” Umji exclaimed, pointing at the sky. she sat down on the ground, staring up at the stars and SinB, Eunha and Yerin followed suit, sitting down next to each other, forming a small circle. Sowon and Yuju began to purposely bump against each other and Yuju took Sowon’s bag and threw it like a basketball, surprisingly, managing to score.

   “Look, a ball” Umji squealed as she ran after it, showing it to SinB who took it away from her. She opened Sowon’s bag that was once again on the floor and took out the small plush toy Eunha had tried to use as a pillow for Yerin a few minutes back.

   “Unnies, could you sit against that huge block right there?”

They did as told and SinB put the stuffed…whatever it was over the block. took a few steps back and began to aim.

   “Is she going to throw a ball at us?” Eunha asked flatly, too tired to make a fuzz.

  “I think she is” Yerin answered back. “but moving is too tedious” 

SinB threw the ball and thankfully, it didn’t hit any of them.


 

They played around for about an hour while Eunha and Yerin just stared at them drowsily.

The only movement they made in that hour was turn to face their friends. They did some small talk and when it was finally time to go back, Yerin stood up first and lent Eunha a hand so she could pull her up but instead of letting go once Eunha was on her feet, Yerin interlocked her fingers with her’s.

   “Let’s go back” She offered a yawning Eunha who nodded sheepishly.

They all walked back, Yerin and Eunha hand in hand and small smile on both of their faces.

 


 

“I’m too tired to set up the sleeping futons in the gymnasium” SinB said and Yerin yawned loudly. 

  “Can’t we just huddle up in the couch? The blankets Yerin brought are still here.”

   “If everyone agrees…I guess we can…” Sowon shrugged.

Yuju sat on the couch pulling the blanket up to her nose.

    “The couch is comfy anyway…”

 


 

  “Eun bi…” a voice next to the short haired girl whispered. It came from the person whose head was rested on her shoulder . It was a comfortable position for Eunha and the warmth gave a nice feeling she had trouble explaining. “You still awake?”

  Eunha responded with a hum and a nod. Yerin wrapped one of her arms around Eunha’s arm and grabbed that same shoulder with the other. pulling Eunha lightly to lean down.

   A whisper. Almost inaudible. Followed by a kiss on the cheek.

     “I love you too, Good night”