Will You?

Operation Royal Wedding Cancellation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 years passing, 5 years after the whole news of the Royal wedding ceremony been cancelled. 5 years since Kyungsoo left Chanyeol. 5 years after everything that happened between them, Baekhyun and Jongdae. 5 years after everything that they thought they’ve already resolved. All of them successfully graduated from university, being all successful with their own careers, leading their own path of life. After spending 5 years in the States, Kyungsoo finally decides that it is time for him to hit home. To go back to a place where he truly belongs, somewhere he left his heart at.

(Incheon Airport)

After retrieving his luggage, Kyungsoo waste no time to walk to the embrace of his family. Of course, there would be reporters, paparazzi and even the locals taking and snapping his pictures from every angles that they can, treating him as though he’s some kind of an idol. Kyungsoo spends his lifetime getting used of the attention, this isn’t something new for him. The news of him getting back to Korea spreads like wildfire, not that he minds though. That’s another price to pay for being born as the crowned prince. “Hyung!” his not-so-little anymore brother beams cheerfully at him. Sehun runs to his beloved hyung that he’s been longing to meet. He hugs Kyungsoo so tight to the point that Kyungsoo is almost suffocated by his embrace. “Se…hun….too tight….can’t…..breath” Kyungsoo throws soft punches several times, hitting Sehun chest. “Aigoo this hyung! I’ve missed you so much!” Sehun lifts his brother, spinning him around for couple of times. “Yah! Stop it and drop me now! You’re making me dizzy!” Kyungsoo screams at his brother, while smacking his head. This is for sure will be making its way to be the headlines of tomorrow’s newspaper. “Honey, we miss you so much” the Queen and the King greets him. Kyungsoo breaks himself from his little brother’s hug and continue hugging his parents. “I’ve missed you more, Mother, Father. It feels so good to be home” he’s pretty sure his voice comes out cracked, feeling the intense emotions for seeing his parents after leaving them for so long. Sehun joins their little family hug by back-hugging Kyungsoo, making him feeling more warm. “I’ve missed you guys, a lot” Kyungsoo mentally says to himself.

“Yah, since when did you get so tall? I don’t remember giving you any permission to be taller than me” Kyungsoo glares at his brother while tip toeing to ruffle his hair. Sehun just scoffs, “hyung, since when I am not taller than you? Can you tell me, hmm? I don’t remember being shorter than you. It’s not my fault that you inherited Mother’s gene that makes youso little, like a penguin” Sehun smirked, only to get a hard smack on the head from the older. “Yah, you! Just because you’re graduating from high school soon doesn’t make me less older than you, you brat!” Kyungsoo spats at him. Sehun lets out a big laugh, “oww, ouch! Mother, hyung is killing me!” Sehun screams while running away from his older brother’s deathly threats. Queen Do could only chuckles seeing her two son, linking her arms to her husband’s, “he definitely looks happier, isn’t it? I don’t remember seeing him being so happy” she says sadly to King Do. “He sure is” the King replies, patting the arms linked to his own.

Kyungsoo is now a doctor. Well, to be precise, he’s a pediatrician. He has always like kids. Kyungsoo always spent his time in the charity works in the orphanage, involving him to know and interacts with unfamiliar faces. He’s gotten himself used to it, thus it influences him to pursue his dream in taking courses in medicine.  So that he could work as a doctor and continue on his part to serve to the community. After several days of back to Korea, Kyungsoo was offered to be working at the general local hospital in Seoul and he immediately accepts the offer, declining the previous working post offered by the Royal Private Hospital. The sole purpose of him coming back to Korea is to serve the people, local, communities instead of the royalties because he know, they are more than capable of getting better treatments compared to the commoners that are incapable in terms of financial treatments and such. Being a local doctor, his working time is getting the better of him. Sometimes he would be working from day to night, and sometimes he wouldn’t even make it back to the palace. After been working some time, Kyungsoo decided to buy an apartment which is nearer to the hospital that he’s working with.

“Are you sure you would be fine on your own, honey? I mean you could asks Minseok to drop you off and fetch you from the hospital so you wouldn’t have to move out. Besides, you’ve been here not even nearly a year, Kyungsoo. The palace would be quiet now” his mother pleads him, not entirely agree in the idea of him moving out of the castle. “Mother, we’ve talked about this right? I wanna try living my life on my own two feet now, without having to depend on my status. Besides, my apartment isn’t that far away from the palace and you and Father are more than welcome to visit, stay even” Kyungsoo smiles to his mother while packing some of his remaining stuffs to be brought back to his newly decorated apartment. Kyungsoo is excited on living this new phase of his life. His mother smiles back to him, his soft, raven hair, “sometimes I still can’t believe that you’ve grown up to be such a mature man. Where has all the time gone to” his mother smiles sadly, feeling a little bit regret because she felt like she hasn’t been the real mother Kyungsoo needed. “Mother, what are you saying? You’ve always been there for me, for Sehun, for Father and for the country. You’ve been supporting me in everything that I do, and for that I could never thank you enough” he hugs him mother, kissing her temple. Queen Do smiles at the affection shown by her son. “Alright then, but if you need anything, don’t forget to give me, or your Father or even Sehun a call. Okay?” she voices out her concern. Kyungsoo just chuckles, “alright, mother.”

Kyungsoo was living his life to the fullest. Well, if fullest you mean by working most of the time and occasionally on weekends then yes, Kyungsoo is definitely living his life to the fullest. He’s been too busy tending to the patients, checking medical reports and all other working stuffs he barely had the time to pamper himself, not that he’s complaining though. He’s single, still single and somehow his heavy workloads keep his mind from wondering off thinking about that someone who used to occupied his heart, not so long ago. Plus, being a doctor has always been his passion and he couldn’t be any more grateful that he’s making a living out of doing something that he’s passionate about. Everyone is the hospital loves working with him, not because he’s a crownded prince for that factbut because he’s always been nice to all of his colleagues as well as his patients.

“Hyung”, Sehun calls him from behind the kitchen counter. He decides of paying his hyung a surprise little visit after finishes his school on that day. Lucky for him, Kyungsoo is home as he finished his shift the night before, having not so many patients to deal with. “Mm? What is it?” Kyungsoo asks him. He’s more than happy to receive a visit from his family members as he’s feeling a bit of lonely being in his apartment. “Can I stay over for the weekend? It’s getting bored being home alone and Mother and Father are always busy, well not that I haven’t got used to that” he lets out a small sigh. “Sehun-ah, you know you can always come here, mm? You want me to give you the spare key in case if you ever come here when I’m at the hospital?” Kyungsoo gladly asks. He’s been missing to spend some quality time with his little brother as well, “I’ll make sure to be home then by this weekend if you’re coming, is that okay?” Kyungsoo continues. “Sure, hyung!” Sehun answers him with a smile. They spend the day with Kyungsoo cooking the dinner and they eat together. “Hyung, can I ask you something?” Sehun asks hesitantly. He knows he’ll be touching a very sensitive topic for Kyungsoo. “Yeah?” his hyung replies. “You’ve been here for almost four months. Don’t you wanna go and see Chanyeol hyung? I mean, don’t you wonder how he is right now?” Sehun spills his curiosity. Kyungsoo halts from eating his meal, he looks at Sehun, staring at his deeply. “I…I don’t know Sehun-ah. I don’t think he wants to see me as well. It’s better to just leave things as it is right now” he sighs. Sehun feels guilty for bringing up the topic so he decides to cheer up his older brother. “Well, fine then. Hyung, can we go for a movie this weekend? And I heard there’s a new coffee shop that’s making its grand opening, we can go there to chill out. I bet there’s gonna be a lot of discounts!” he beams cheerfully at Kyungsoo, hoping the topic of Chanyeol would be forgotten. “Yah! For a prince, you sure are a cheapskate huh?” Kyungsoo just scoffs at him, pinching his cheek, “aigoo, what am I gonna do with you, hmm?” Kyungsoo says a smile while Sehun just continues munching his ddaebokki happily.

It was a good, sunny but chilling Saturday morning. Kyungsoo at last managed to get a grip of his life and have rest from work. Sehun came to have a sleepover at his place right after school and as promised, they’re spending the weekend together doing everything that they want. Firstly, both of them went to the shopping mall because Sehun said he needed brand new suits for the upcoming seniors’ prom. Kyungsoo, being the good older brother as he is, just followed Sehun around and helped him because according to Sehun, Kyungsoo has a better taste of fashion. After that, they both went for a movie and had their lunch. “Sehun-ah, we’ve been going back and forth now. Do you still have some other places to go? Hyung’s getting tired now. Why don’t we call it a day, hmm?” Kyungsoo hums to his little brother hoping the latter would agree with him. “Aish this hyung, you’re so old that you’re getting easily tired these days” Sehun scoffs at him, making Kyungsoo chasing over him to smack his head, “yah! Try to live my life and you would die to even get a day of doing nothing you heard me!” and he managed to catch Sehun and smacks the life out of him. “Oww, I’m sorry hyung! I’m sorry!” he screams, “I’ll not graduate school if you keep smacking my head! Aish this hyung” Sehun sighes, hands petting his head because of the pain being smacked. “Well. I just wanna go to one last place, please hyung? Can we go to the new coffee shop that is opened at the end of the street? It’s just along the way to your apartment. Please hyung~” Sehun is pleading to Kyungsoo, hands gripping on Kyungsoo’s wrist while bring it up and down and he makes sure to put his best pout to persuade Kyungsoo. “Stop acting cute, you brat! Aish, alright then. Let’s go to that coffee shop and it’s on you!” Kyungsoo smirks evilly to him, making Sehun snorts. “Calling me cheapskate when you no better.”

They make their way to the coffee shop that Sehun insists for which is having a grand opening for that day. Once they reaches the coffee shop which is called as “BBH Coffee and Cakes”, Sehun wastes no more time to make his entrance. Kyungsoo just follows him from behind. They opens the door and they are greeted by the warm air that treats them like they’re sort of VIP. Kyungsoo and Sehun are welcomed with a coffee smell and mixing of chocolate and cakes. The first attraction that manage to hook up with Kyungsoo’s attention is the baked goods. They are tidily placed on the transparent glass cabinet, lining up and asking as though for everyone to eat them all. There were different types of cakes like blueberry cheesecake, loafs and cookies. There are also vintage photographs placed around the wall of the shop, allowing coffee tasters to admire the photo-taking techniques, and memorizing their past. “Hyung, do you like this place? Seems like you can’t get your eyes from being amazed by this shop huh?” his little brother snickers at him, earning him a glare. “Well, I can say that this is a great place to hang out, not that I have anytime though but still, the place is great” Kyungsoo makes his remarks about the new coffee shop, feeling that the place could be his favourite soon. They both make their way to the counter as Sehun agrees to have a coffee and cake takeaway so he could enjoy some quiet and quality time with Kyungsoo while the latter just roll his eyes. Kyungsoo is standing behind Sehun, covered from his tall figure from seeing the sight in front of him when a worker greets them.

“Hello! Welcome to BBH Coffee and Cakes, how may I take your order?” the worker voices out with a warm smile carved on his face. Kyungsoo is snapped from his observation around the coffee shop and he widens his eyes, “Baekhyun?” and the said person is equally shocked, “oh my God, Kyungsoo? Oh my God is that really you?” he exist from the counter through the narrow passage connected to the customer lounge and quickly makes his way towards Kyungsoo and hugs him tight. Kyungsoo replies the hug with the same, warm gesture. “Oh my God, I couldn’t believe it. it’s been so long! I mean yeah I know that you’re back from States, like who wouldn’t, you’re the crowned prince” and Kyungsoo just lightly pushes off his shoulder, making him laugh more and continues, “but who would have thought, Prince Soo in BBH Coffee and Cakes, this is gonna make a perfect ad for my coffee shop. It’ll be so popular that this place will be flocked with people in no time” Baekhyun keeps on ranting while Kyungsoo just laughs at him, leaving the dumbfounded Sehun behind. “Err, hyung, mind to explain?” he tugs at Kyungsoo’s shirt, making a pleading face to him. Kyungsoo just chuckles, “I will soon, okay? Now where were we, ah yes” he shift his gaze to Baekhyun. “I never thought to meet you up here, I mean what are you doing working here?” he asks. “Working here? Yeah sure, if by working you mean I FREAKING OWN THE PLACE, sure I’m working here” he snickers at Kyungsoo while rolling his eyes. Kyungsoo widen his eyes, “what? You mean this is your shop? Like literally your shop?” only to make Baekhyun rolls his eyes more to the point it feels like it’s popping from his face, “yah! BBH, Byun-Baek-Hyun, do the math!” he screams jokingly and both of them laugh so hard.

“Babe” a pair of arms snucks it way, circling around Baekhyun’s waist from behind, “what’s the commotion?” he pecks on his cheeks, looking at Kyungsoo and get the shock of his life, “Oh my, I’m sorry. It’s very nice to meet you here, Princes of Do” Jongdae immediately removes his arms from Baekhyun, bowing down to both Kyungsoo and Sehun. Kyungsoo holds on to his shoulder, making him to stand up again, “no need for formalities, just treat us as your customer, okay?” he smiles, “and I’m pretty sure my little brother is dying now to taste your shop’s made coffee” he looks at Sehun. “Finally!” Sehun screams, making them laugh more. Kyungsoo and Sehun decides to stay at the shop while Kyungsoo has some catching up session with Baekhyun and Jongdae. They are talking about almost everything that happened in their life within 5 years of not seeing each other. How Jongdae and Baekhyun is now happily married and Baekhyun decides to open a coffe shop with the encouragement coming from Jongdae (as well as his money too) and Jongdae is currently working at a well established company, holding on a higher post that earns them both a quite good life. Everything seems to be fine, and both Baekhyun and Jongdae decides not to touch on any topics concerning to Chanyeol, afraid that it’ll disrupt the ambience that they’re having at the moment. Well, somehow, life has a pretty good trick sometimes and just when you thought you can escape from life, it will come knocking straight to your face. Just as they are busy chit chatting with one another, well except for Sehun who is enjoying himself with his iced caramel latte and chocolate indulgence cake, a deep voice boomed from the entrance of the shop. “Baek! Dae! I’m sorry for being late, the traffic-“ and they both make an eye contact, the first time after 5 long years. “S-soo?” he stutters, still standing there in the entrance, holding on congratulatory bouquet of flowers and a bottle of champagne. “Chanyeol, you do realise that it’s working time now, we don’t drink during working hours, silly” Baekhyun snickers although he knows Chanyeol is literally ignoring him right now, eyes straight to another figure sitting in front of him. Kyungsoo fidgets in his seat, feeling awfully awkward but he decides he’s too old to be playing with this thing anymore thus he stands up and greet formally to Chanyeol, breaking the tension building around them.

“It’s been awhile isn’t it, Chanyeol?” he smiles albeit awkwardly. Chanyeol never breaks his gaze from Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo, the one that he misses the most, the one that he could never stop thinking of, the last one that lingers in his head when he’s about to sleep and the first one he’ll thought of in the morning, that Kyungsoo, his Kyungsoo is finally here. “Chan, you’re okay?” Jongdae walks to him, patting on his shoulder. However, Chanyeol remains speechless, he clenches his hands into fist. “Sehun-ah, you finish? I just remember I have some report to write, we need to go now” Kyungsoo lies, hoping that he could somehow run again because he still could not face Chanyeol. However, Chanyeol had enough of him running away. He strides towards Kyungsoo, making the latter startled. Chanyeol grab Kyungsoo’s wrist, clenching into it and he pulls Kyungsoo out from the shop. “Hyung?” Sehun stands abruptly from his seat, attempts to follow both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol but he is stopped by Baekhyun. “Sehun, please, let them be” Baekhyun pleads. Sehun denies him, “my hyung needs me, please step aside Baekhyun-shi” he replies with respect although he’s more worry of his older brother. “Please, give him the chance this time, he needs it. He’s been waiting for 5 years, just let them settle this first, just please” Baekhyun pleads again to him. Sehun sighs, rubbing his face with his palm, “I guess, they do have a lot of catching up to do”.

“Chan…what are you, oww” Chanyeol’s grip on Kyungsoo’s wrist getting tight, “Chanyeol, please, where are we going? Let me go, please. It hurts” Kyungsoo struggles to break free from his grip but Chanyeol is much stronger than him. He brings Kyungsoo to a deserted alley, far away from the shop building, and away from the crowds. He pushes him up against the wall of the alley, hands both on the sides of Kyungsoo’s head while he pins him, not letting any distance to exist in between them. “Chanyeol…please” Kyungsoo pleads, scared to look Chanyeol on the eyes. “Wh-why?” Chanyeol starts, “why did you leave me? Why did you cancel our wedding without me knowing? Why did you break our promise? Why did you avoid me? Why!” Chanyeol screams, tears falling down to his cheeks. “I….I’m so-sorry, Chanyeol. I was afraid that…that you-mmph” Chanyeol didn’t let him finish, instead he forces his tongue in between Kyungsoo’s chapped lips. Chanyeol pushes him up against the wall, completely immobilizing him as he grips Kyungsoo’s wrist and pins it on top of his head, legs pinning down the other’s own and he uses his other arm to draw Kyungsoo’s  waist to him closer, deepening the kiss. Kyungsoo starts to cry, harder and harder to the point it makes Chanyeol stops his kiss, stop leaving marks on his lips. “Please, let me kiss you one more time…I’ve missed you like crazy. There has never been a day that goes by without me thinking of you. Please, don’t leave me again, please, Kyungsoo….please” Chanyeol is sobbing. He leans their foreheads together, “stop running away from me…please…I love you, so damn much. Please Kyungsoo, stop ignoring me. I beg you” Chanyeol begs to Kyungsoo as he kisses him on the forehead before he hugs him tight. Kyungsoo is speechless. The sight of crying Chanyeol really breaks him. He doesn’t even have the heart to be mad to Chanyeol after what the latter did to him at the alley.

“Chan…” Kyungsoo calls out for his name, wrapping Chanyeol’s lanky body with his shorter arms and runs a circle on his back, hoping it could somehow sooth and take away the pain reflected by the taller. “I’m sorry. I’m such a monster, I shut you off and I…I even leaved you” Kyungsoo starts to sob along with Chanyeol. He tightens the hug they both share between them. “I don’t deserve you, Yeol. I truly don’t” still sobbing but he makes an attempt to break their connection, he needs to learn on facing the reality that it couldn’t be the same again. “I-I need to go. My brother might be looking for me” he talks again, however Chanyeol does not move himself even a single inch away from Kyungsoo. “I won’t let you go, not this time, not ever. I’ve made that mistake once, I’m not gonna do it again” he deadpans, looking serious despite of the tears b in his eyes. He holds Kyungsoo closer, “I don’t care about what happened between us in the past, Soo. For all I know, you’re mine and I tend to make it that way, whether you like or not. You’re not running away from me again, Soo. I’ll make sure you will be stuck with me” he holds Kyungsoo’s chin, trying to kiss him again but Kyungsoo quickly stops him. “Yeol, stop…you don’t understand. I’m—“ “No you’re not! You’re not a monster, you deserve me as much as I deserve you. Stop mentioning about the past, Soo. I’ve moved on! I don’t remember about it, not anymore but my feelings towards you, that I could never change. And stop dragging others just to make excuse to run away again, Soo. Please. Baekhyun is happily married with Jongdae, he found his true love. Don’t you think we deserve to be like them, too? Would it hurt you that much to at least, at least pretend to love me? Soo, do you really despise me, that much? “ Chanyeol is hurt that Kyungsoo tries so hard to break them apart.

“What?” Kyungsoo is bewildered with the accusation he deems Chanyeol is trying to imply. “Do you really think I want this, Yeol? I could never love anyone else the way I love you. I never open up to anyone because I love you, you! You’re the only one for me, Chanyeol. But I’m afraid, I’m afraid that somehow you might leave me or give up on me when you realise that you don’t love me the way you used to love Baekhyun. So I’m giving you a chance, for you to save yourself, and myself as well from any heartache because I can’t—mmphh—“ Kyungsoo is once again kissed by Chanyeol, this time, harder that he feels his lips is severly abused by the latter. “You talk no sense, Kyungsoo. I don’t say I love you just because Baekhyun is now Jongdae’s. I don’t say I love you just because I feel lonely though let’s face it, my life is not complete without you, but no. I love you, for who you are, exactly for what you are for me, Soo. I love you even when I was still with Baekhyun. I wanted to be married to you back then as much as I want to be married to you, now. Nothing change, Soo. I swear. Please, give me, give us, a chance. Please” he pleads again, not giving up. “I....are you sure, Yeol? Are you sure, Park Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo hesitates. “Yes, I have never been so sure in my life” Chanyeol replies.  “Will you, take me again, Soo? Will you, give us a chance? Mmm, baby?” Chanyeol smiles genuinely, drawing his thumb over Kyungsoo’s wet cheeks. “I suppose so….” Kyungsoo breaks the contact, looking at the flower but Chanyeol lifts his face, kiss him again but this time, no force is needed as Kyungsoo willingly reciprocates the kiss, soft and slow, just like how they will take things between them right now. Soft and slow.

They both go back to the shop. Kyungsoo is looking beating red with swollen lips and Chanyeol is busy brushing his nape with his hand, sheepishly smiling looking the curious faces of their friends in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter