Slipped Away

Operation Royal Wedding Cancellation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were in their third month, which was a month away from their wedding. Everything was going on smoothly. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo both seemed to finally managed to convince their parents that they’re fond of each other, love each other and they made it believable throughout their constant hangouts, weekend spent and even through texts. However, Chanyeol was still disturbed by the thought of Baekhyun avoiding him. It’s been three months and he couldn’t take it any longer. He needs a closure, and this time, if separation is what Baekhyun needs, then he’ll grant him his wishes. Yes, it would mean the end of Chanyeol’s world. It would also means Chanyeol’s heart would be shattered to million, broken pieces but when Baekhyun leaved him hanging, without any proper closure, he couldn’t take it any longer. He loves Baekhyun, a bit too much. He thought he could wait, wait for him to mend his broken heart upon the news of him getting married, but right now Chanyeol’s doing all he can in stopping the wedding. All those times spent with Kyungsoo only mean one motive, which was to end the wedding from happening. He knows it, Kyungsoo knows it but sadly not Baekhyun. He was clueless on the whole plan, so today Chanyeol’s gonna make sure that he knows, he knows that everything that Chanyeol did was for him. For them. For their relationship. But, is this really what Chanyeol wants? He always asks himself about this. Each days passing, he is getting close to Kyungsoo. The latter always had his back in whatever that he did. Chanyeol always thought of them both actually getting married, right on his bed while staring at his ceiling. He knows he shouldn’t be considering this at all, since Kyungsoo has gone all the way through everything just to make sure that their plans work out, but he couldn’t help himself. The thought of actually getting Kyungsoo to be his managed to break down his walls. “It wouldn’t be that bad, right?” he constantly asks himself before sleepiness overrules his consciousness. However, Chanyeol managed to shrug everything off in the morning, saying that it is absurd for him to get married and it isn’t what Kyungsoo wants and he too wouldn’t be married to someone else, not with someone who is not Baekhyun. No, simply just no.

Chanyeol is making his way to his locker, keeping away his books and taking out some notes to prep on his next class. Upon closing the locker door, he is shocked to see Baekhyun, standing right next to him, staring deeply into his eyes. Baekhyun looks terrible though. He looks somehow broken. “I thought Jongdae promised me to take care of him?” he wonders to himself, only to be interrupted by Baekhyun’s words that break the silence engulfing them both. “Ch-Channie, can we talk?” Baekhyun stutters. Seeing his lover in this state breaks his own heart so Chanyeol immediately wraps his lanky arms around Baekhyun small figure, envelopes him into a bone crushing hug and he wish he wouldn’t have to let Baekhyun go this time. “Baby, I’ve missed you. I’ve missed you so, so much.” Baekhyun starts to cry, causing the fabric of Chanyeol covering his face to be damped. “I miss you too, Channie. Forgive me for being such a jerk. Please, I am so sorry. Please forgive me, Channie.” Baekhyun pleads. Chanyeol breaks their hug, holding on to Baekhyun face,  caressing his thumb over his puffed cheeks, “of course baby, I forgive you. In fact, I never was mad at you. I’m the one who owe you an apology. Would you forgive me too, hmm?” Chanyeol replies. Baekhyun let out a small smile, “yes, I forgive you too. Can we start over? Let’s just forget about everything and move on, okay?” Chanyeol knows what his heart desires. He knows that he truly wants nobody, nobody that is not Baekhyun. Thus, when Baekhyun really wants to forget everything and turn over a new leaf, he shouldn’t be hesitated. He should agree to it and continues on nurturing their relationship, but he does hesitate. Does he really wants to forget everything that he had with Kyungsoo? But everything he had with Kyungsoo were only to direct him to be together again with Baekhyun, and that’s just it. Nothing more.

“Channie? Baby, you’re okay?” Baekhyun asks, breaking Chanyeol’s train of emotion. “Yes, I’m fine. I’m sorry, just a little bit tired, I guess. And sure, I would love to start fresh with you, let’s just forget everything, okay?” Chanyeol smile to him, although it seems broken, but it goes unnoticed by Baekhyun. “Thank you, Channie, for being patient with me. I love you, so much” is what Baekhyun tells him and Chanyeol replies, “Baby, I would have always waited for you and I love you too, too much.” Just that this time, Chanyeol is not so sure anymore, not like how he used to be.

The day of their marriage is getting nearer yet Chanyeol has never been so indecisive this much in his own life. On one side, he is happy, glad even that he and Baekhyun have already made up with each other yet on the other side, he couldn’t stop thinking about Kyungsoo. About the cute, petite little prince that managed to break down his walls. However, the thought of having a feeling for Kyungsoo really bothers him as he is very much assured that the prince has no feelings for him, and that their plan is the only thing that bound them together. Right after the wedding to be cancelled, he and Kyungsoo will be on their own and live their own life like how they used to. The thought of breaking up with Kyungsoo, although intentionally somehow breaks his heart, like thousand needles were shot at his heart. “Baby, where are you? Why are you skipping school? Did anything happen?” Baekhyun’s concern voice greets him on the other side of the phone. “Baek, I’m sorry. I couldn’t attend school today because I don’t feel quite well. I’ll be alright though, just need a little bit of rest” Chanyeol replies him with weak voice. Everything is going on too fast in his life that he forgets to take care of himself. Chanyeol was restless. He didn’t even gain a proper rest as he is burdened by the thoughts of wedding, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. He ends up catching a fever in himself that forces him to stay at home. “Do you want me to come over? I’ll be there in 10 minutes, okay? Wait for me” Baekhyun is about to hang up when suddenly Chanyeol calls his name, “Baek, you don’t have to. I’ll be fine on my own, okay? I got everything well covered. Besides, I’m just gonna be sleeping anyway so you might be bored sitting here to wait for me. I’ll be fine, okay baby? You take care of yourself, I love you” Chanyeol couldn’t keep his eyes open even for more mere seconds as the fever is getting the better of him. The phone slips off his hand without him even realising it. “Okay then, I’ll see you soon. I love you too, Channie.” Baekhyun replies, feeling dejected but he knows Chanyeol means well. Hearing no more response from the other side, Baekhyun decides to hang up and continue on making his way to class.

“Baek”, a voice heard, he knows the voice very well so he starts taking long steps, quicken his pace in his effort to get away from th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter