Revelations

Operation Royal Wedding Cancellation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kyung….Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun calls him. Kyungsoo just nods, giving him his faint smile, “Baekhyun” he mutters slightly. Baekhyun decides to sit next to him. “What are you doing here? Why are you alone? It’s getting late, you shouldn’t be here alone. It’s dangerous” he speaks with concern. “Well I could say the same to you, walking home alone from school is dangerous too, Baekhyun” Kyungsoo replies him, still the giving the same faint smile. Baekhyun fidgets in his seat, starting to feel the tension in the air surrounding them both. He brushes his nape, “I…I heard about what happen between you and Chanyeol. I’m so sorry to hear that”, he knows he should start the topic somehow. It’s not an everyday thing for him to be able to meet the crowned prince. “I bet you do” Kyungsoo answers him, “well, it’s over now. I don’t wanna think about it, no more” Kyungsoo turn his look, suddenly the floor looks rather attractive. “Kyungsoo, do you really have to do it?” Baekhyun asks, suddenly Kyungsoo’s eyes are becoming wide. He looks straight at Baekhyun. “What do you mean? Baek, I don-“ yet he stops his words upon seeing the sight of trembling Baekhyun. “Baekhyun-ah, are you okay?” he holds Baekhyun by the shoulder. “It is all my fault. I shouldn’t be in your way. I shouldn’t, not when I don’t love him” earning Kyungsoo’s full attention this time. “Baekhyun, what are you talking about?” Kyungsoo replies him as he begins to feel suffocated with the lingering questions in his mind. “I’m afraid I don’t understand any of your words” he continues. “I….” Baekhyun plays with the hem of his shirt, eyes looking anywhere but Kyungsoo as he wouldn’t dare to make any contacts with the latter. “I….I slept with Jongdae, our bestfriend.”

“I….I slept with Jongdae, our bestfriend.” Kyungsoo gasps upong hearing everything that Baekhyun says. “What…Baekhyun, do you even realise what this means?” Kyungsoo snaps, he begins to lose his patience. “I know, okay. I know. I know I’m a jerk, a jerk that destroys people’s relationships! I’ve messed up, I’ve messed you and Chanyeol and now Jongdae wouldn’t even talk to me and I, I messed up. Argh! I’m such a jer-“ he abruptly stops when he feels a pain struck on his left cheek. A slap echoed, filling in the sound in the quiet park. Kyungsoo slaps him, big time. Baekhyun holds on to his reddening cheek, “Kyu-kyungsoo?” he stutters, immense pain is still felt on his left cheek. “You’re just like him, an idiot. A big time idiot” Kyungsoo spats. The chilling wind sweeps the leaves crowding the floor, breaking into the pores of their expose skin but somehow, both of them didn’t feel the chilling air as both are devoured by ones’ very own emotion. “Would you please just stop, Baek. Stop blaming yourself about everything that happens in between me and him. Stop making everything is about you when it’s not. Just stop, please” Kyungsoo pleads. Beads of tears are staining his cheeks. “I don’t care whatever that you did behind his back, for all I know, you’re gonna continue being by his side and give him the love that he truly deserves” Kyungsoo continues crying. “Please, don’t hurt him anymore. I’ve done it too many times. I…I can’t bear the thought of him getting hurt again”, Kyungsoo holds onto both of Baekhyun’s hands, taking it to his chest, “please, take care of him cause I won’t be able to do that any longer” he sobs harder. His eyes are getting red and his cheeks are puffy because of all the crying. “Kyungsoo…” Baekhyun is lost of words. He cannot think of anything to say to Kyungsoo to sooth him. He cannot stops Kyungsoo from crying as he feels like crying his heart out too.

After a couple of minutes crying his eyes out, Kyungsoo sniffles. Hands busy wiping his tears and snots coming out from his nose. “I can’t believe I cried so hard, feels so good though” he tries making jokes, not wanting the situation to be more awkward in between him and Baekhyun. “Baekhyun-ah, listen to me” he continues. Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo’s puffy face, restraining himself from wiping the tears stained cheeks. “I know above everything, you’re a good person. I’m not gonna judge you on whatever that you had with Jongdae. To be honest,  I’ve been taking Chanyeol away from you for quite some time, I wasn’t been fair to you too, so I won’t say anything about this matter. But somehow, I am convinced that you, of all the people, would know better what to do. And I believe Chanyeol has the right to know the truth, hmm?” Kyungsoo smiles to him. This time, the smile seems genuine, warm despite that there are still some traces of sadness could be seen. “Kyungsoo, I’m sorry.  I really am. I don’t know how put this b-but, please, I need you to be back to Chanyeol. H-he…” Baekhyun couldn’t stop from stuttering, “h-he…he needs you, he needs you Kyungsoo. Not me, but you” he finishes his sentence. Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo but instead of looking back at him, Kyungsoo just look at the sunset sky. He sighs.

“Baekhyun, I’m not going to be here for long” Kyungsoo replies him, eyes still looking at the sky and the birds flying. Baekhyun gasps, he close his mouth with his palm. W-what do you mean? Kyungsoo, are you dying?” he couldn’t believe it. No. “Kyungsoo” he sits closer to him, holding him. “Yah! What are you trying to imply here? I’m not dying, if that’s what you thinking, idiot” Kyungsoo says while laughing. Baekhyun can be such an idiot sometimes, just like his stupid giant of boyfriend. “B-but, you said you’re not gonna be for long” Baekhyun replies him. His words seem to stucked in his throat, “what do you mean by that then?” he continues. “I mean, I’m going to the States to further my studies, Baekhyun-ah. Even if I wanna get back to Chanyeol, I can’t and I refuse to. Like I said, he doesn’t deserve this, he doesn’t deserve to be hurt twice. I’ve caused enough pain to him” Kyungsoo says sadly, playing with his fingers. “That is why, I need you, I need you to be there for him. Be there when he needs you” he continues. “But I…I’m in love with someone else, Kyungsoo. I’m in love with Jongdae” Baekhyun interjects although he is afraid that Kyungsoo will be mad at him. “Well, I guess it couldn’t be help it. We both are so evil, Baekhyun. We’re so evil for making Chanyeol to be like this” Kyungsoo sighs. “And it’s all because of me. If I have figure out my feelings sooner, both of you might still be getting married right now”. “No it’s not, Baek. It’s not your fault. It’s just…” he pauses, taking a little deep breath, “it’s just that, some things are just not meant to be”.

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo stayed at the park while opening up to each other. Both felt relieved, because they don’t have to bottle up their feelings any longer. “Thank you, Baekhyun. Thank you for listening to me” Kyungsoo hugs him tighter.  Feeling free from any emotional turmoil that has been taking place in himself for the past few months, he’s now ready to let it all go and start anew. “I’ll be going now, and I truly hope that we can see each other again some other time in the future. I hope that whoever you end up with, you’ll be happy with your love life. But please” he pauses, “please do take care of Chanyeol for me. Take a good care of him till he is able to be on his own, again” he wipes the tears b in his eyes.”I will, Kyungsoo-ah. Thanks for opening up to me, and for making me realise my mistake, although I could say the slap hurts like a ” and they both laugh. “I will handle it from here, I know what I should do then. Till then, take a good care of yourself too, okay? I see you when I see you” and they both look at each other with a smile on their face, separating to their own way that late evening. In spite that there is separation in the end, they were both glad, and happy for something new that bonded between them. A friendship, that is.

A few weeks passing, Chanyeol was being his usual self, although it seems like he was having a hard time trying to keep himself happy and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter