Knowing You

Operation Royal Wedding Cancellation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day in school, Chanyeol is looking for Baekhyun. His boyfriend successfully ignores his texts and calls and Chanyeol is so worry about him. He waits for Baekhyun to come to his class but the latter is absent on that day. He sighs, “I guess he really is mad, huh? This is all my fault. I shouldn’t drag him into my mess” as he wondering around the school hall.

“Chan! Hey Chan, wait up!” a voice is heard, making its way fast approaching Chanyeol from behind. “Hey Chan, you’re good?” Jongdae, Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s best friend. “I heard about what happened, I feel sorry for you” he speaks, not noticing the shock expression carved on Chanyeol’s face. “I take it you heard from Baek, huh?” he replies, sadly. “Yeah, he came to my place last night, sobbing so hard. I thought that you guys had a fight or something. He’s staying over at my place” Jongdae speaks back. Chanyeol clench his fist, he knows he is not suppose to be mad. It’s Jongdae after all, he shouldn’t be jealous. Jongdae has always been their best friend. “Is he there, right now? Why isn’t he coming to school?” Chanyeol gritted his teeth, he tries so hard to hide away his anger because he doesn’t want to upset Jongdae. “Well, he said he needs time to process on the whole thing and since he’s been crying all night long, his eyes went swollen like hell. You know him, he would never attend school with swollen eyes” Jongdae let out a little chuckle, “hey don’t worry, he’s not gonna be mad that long. He loves you, okay? Give him some time” he continues. “Dae, do me a favour, will you? Tell him I love him too much and I promise I’ll make it up to him. Tell him that I’ll wait for him to come and see him. And most importantly, tell him that I’m sorry, for everything that I did” Chanyeol said sadly. “Well, you can count on me then. No worries, bud. I’ll take a good care of him, okay? You do what you need to do to solve everything and I’m sure Baekhyun will be back to you in no time. All the best!” Jongdae replies  while waving his hand towards Chanyeol as he’s making his way to class. “Why do I feel so burdened about you and him, Dae?” Chanyeol speaks to himself. He proceeds to make his way aimlessly at the hall.

A week after his encounter with Kyungsoo, Chanyeol finally realises that the day the Royal Do Family would come for a visit to his home. He knows the occasion that is currently taking place in the Royal Dining Hall, he couldn’t care less about what is happening but since he agrees on Kyungsoo’s plan, he needs to cooperate with the latter if he wants to stop his unwanted wedding.

“I’m sorry for being late, I was caught up with school works” he lies through his teeth, making sure not to offend any parties in the hall. “Son, you’re here. That’s more important. Come and sit with us. We have an important guest today. Chanyeol obeys his father, and continues to make his way to the dining table. He is seated next to his mother, facing Kyungsoo on the other side of the table. “I guess this is a good time in getting them to know each other, right?” King Park starts the conversation, breaking the silence in the dining hall. “Son, this is the Royal Do family. The one you’re seeing in front of you now the your future husband, Prince Do Kyungsoo” the King says with a warm smile on his face. Chanyeol nods to his father’s remarks and shift his gaze towards Kyungsoo, “now it begins” he mentally says to himself, “nice meeting you, Prince Do. I truly hope we can get along very well in the future” he says while smiling ever so warmly at Kyungsoo. “He’s so natural in doing this. I guess he’s not that bad” Kyungsoo makes remarks about Chanyeol in his head, he greets him back with so much politeness “the same goes to me, Prince Park Chanyeol. I believe we’ll get along just well, I have faith in you” Kyungsoo gives his warmest smile to him. Chanyeol is mesmerized by the smile but he couldn’t admit it even to himself yet he proceeds anyway by nodding to Kyungsoo. The Royal introductory feast is going smoothly with them both plays their part perfectly. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol get along each other nicely without having any of their parents know about their plan.

“Say, can I borrow my future husband for myself now? I guess we needs our little private moments now to maybe get to know each other, better?” Kyungsoo makes a request to King Park, making sure to put his cute little doe eyed face to a good use. He steals a glance towards Chanyeol. The King and the Queen laughs, entertained by the thoughts of their son with his future husband. “Ah yes, of course you may. Chanyeol, would you be a gentleman and accompany Prince Do to have just a quick tour around our home, hmm?” the Queen voices to Chanyeol, hoping that her son would reciprocate to her request. “Y-yes mom, sure thing. Right this way, Prince Do” he stutters, for some reason he starts to be awkward of the thoughts being alone with Kyungsoo. “Please, just call me Kyungsoo, okay?” Kyungsoo smiles to him, linking his arm with Chanyeol’s and starts to make his way towards the exit of the dining hall. “I’ll be back in awhile, mother, father” Kyungsoo says to his parents. “Yes my dear, go on and take your time. We’ll wait for you right here” the Do replies to their son.

Once they’re out of the room and make their way to the previous spot they met each other, Kyungsoo breaks their linking arms and laughs a bit too loud. “Oh my God, you never told me you’re such an actor. You did even better than what I expected back there. You’re good in this Mister Park” Kyungsoo wiggle his thick brows and smirks at Chanyeol. “Well, you’re the one who said I need to give my fullest cooperation into stopping the wedding. I just did what I can” Chanyeol replies him with his stoic face. “Well, whatever magic you pulled off just now, do it again especially right in front of our parents. I bet they’re starting to believe that we a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter