Called Off

Operation Royal Wedding Cancellation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo thought he could do this. He thought he could break away from being wedded off to Chanyeol without having any feelings towards the lanky guy. He thought that the plan that they both work on was going smoothly, that Chanyeol in the end of the day wouldn’t fall for him and he on the other hand would keep his feeling hidden. The first time he heard about the news of them getting married, he couldn’t be happier. He has always kept his feeling towards Chanyeol since the moment he laid his big, owl like eyes on him during the King Park coronation. Of course Chanyeol wouldn’t remember him, they both were barely ten at that moment. The news about them getting married based on the promise made by their respective grandfathers somehow grew a little bit of hope n Kyungsoo. He was hoping that the later would at least be open about them getting married. Not that he didn’t know about Baekhyun anyway. He knew about them, about their relationship. Chanyeol never made an effort of hiding his boyfriend as he was proud of him, proud of their relationship. So he decided to go and meet Chanyeol in his palace, without his parents knowing. He brought his big dream, hoping that Chanyeol would accept him openly and deals with Baekhyun, because if Chanyeol is willing to, then he would be too. Once he saw the approaching figure through his glasses, he never thought to be smitten by his look again. Chanyeol has always been so beautiful, so handsome, with his tall figure, slender yet toned body. His pair of poking ears that makes him look cute, brown eyes and slightly curly, short hair that is definitely help him looking more neat, as a prince would be. However that night, he was greeted with the grumpy Chanyeol, the rude Chanyeol that spit him with his venomous words.

“What for? So that you could come here and reminds me again about the wedding? I don’t have to be reminded twice about the things I despise, mind you that”

Those words are still freshly replayed in his mind, as if it was spoken yesterday. He realised that Chanyeol was never fond of the idea to be married to him. Well, why would he at first place? Chanyeol already has a boyfriend, a beautiful boy, much beautiful compared to him. So he decided to act dumb, planting in him the idea that he too hates to be wedded to him, that he never really intend to be wedded off to Chanyeol. If there is one thing that Kyungsoo is good at, it would be acting. So he did, he acted out everything, concealing his own feelings, so that he wouldn’t be messing with Chanyeol’s life, and the life that he has with Baekhyun. Kyungsoo loves him, indeed he loves Chanyeol, but if loving him means taking him away from the love of his life that goes by the name of Baekhyun, then he wouldn’t be able to live with it. He decides not to. He promised to himself that he wouldn’t fall deeper to Chanyeol, not anymore.

“Hyung”, the younger prince, Do Sehun peeps his head into the room, “can I come in?” he asks. Kyungsoo immediately wipes away his tears as he was crying for the last couple of minutes, thinking about everything that he went through for the past few months. “Sehun-ah, please, come in” he answers his younger brother, inviting him into his room. “Hyung, are you okay? You seems awfully quiet these past few days. Is it about Chanyeol hyung? Did he do anything that hurts you? You can tell me, hyung. I’ll go and kick his if you want me to” Sehun tells Kyungsoo. He always has a soft spot for the older, claiming that Kyungsoo would always be his favourite older brother and he’ll do anything to protect him. “It’s nothing, Sehun-ah. I’m fine, it’s just that I’m getting tired these couple of days. Everything seems to be moving too fast for me” Kyungsoo once again conceals the truth. Sehun is too young to understand such thing and he shouldn’t be dragged into this affair. Sehun pats on his lap, “come here, you can sleep on my lap if you want to and no, don’t give me excuses. You definitely look tired. It’s my turn to take care of you, hyung” Sehun smirks to him, earning him a soft pat on the head from Kyungsoo. “Yah, who told you to grow up so fast to be a gentleman? Hmm? I don’t remember teaching you this. You’ve becoming more mature, Sehun-ah. Hyung is so happy for you” Kyungsoo gives him his best smile, only to reveal more of his sadness. “Aish, this hyung. Come on, while the offer is still available” Sehun urges him to sleep on his lap, so he does anyway, just like how he always did everything his little brother asks him to, whether to cook a meal for him for when he’s hungry, or to accompany him for movies when he felt bored being at the palace, or even to sometimes sleep with him on the same bed because his little brother claims that he was too busy to even spend the time together with each other. Indeed, Do Sehun is his spoiled little brother, but Kyungsoo is more than grateful because Sehun is his one and only younger brother that he will ever have.

“Thank you, Sehun-ah. I’ll sleep now. Can you pat my head while waiting for me to sleep?” Kyungsoo asks him while placing his head onto his lap. “Sure, hyung. Now sleep, forgets about anything that has been bothering you. Just go to sleep, I’ll be right here if you need me, okay?” Sehun leans down, kisses his older brother’s forehead, “I love you, hyung. Sleep well.” When silence greeted him back instead of Kyungsoo saying any words, he was relief. Relief that his bother finally get to rest. It wasn’t exactly hard for Sehun to know that kyungsoo is sad. It’s not that hard to explain anyway, it’s just something that blood brothers would share between each other. If one is hurts, than the other would feel the equal pain. And that’s how he knows that Kyungsoo is definitely having something to be bothering him too much. “You’ve been so strong, hyung. You’ve always been there for me, I promise I’ll take care and protect you, hyung. Exactly like how you would always care for me” Sehun promises to Kyungsoo.

Ever since their little confession moment towards each other, Kyungsoo did his very best to avoid Chanyeol. He couldn’t survive another form of heart break so he was saving himself, from more pain drama by not tending to any calls or texts sent by Chanyeol. On the other side, Chanyeol, who was definitely dumfounded by everything that’s going on, keeps reaching out for Kyungsoo. “Why isn’t he picking up any of my calls? Not even a single reply to my text? I thought we were both fine” he sighs for maybe the umpteenth times. “Baby? Who are you calling?” Baekhyun reaches out to him, holding him by the waist and gives him a peck on the cheek. “You look like you’re stressing out. Is it important?” Baekhyun keeps shooting questions. Baekhyun knows, he knows everything about Chanyeol and Kyungsoo and their little plan. Chanyeol was responsible of telling him the whole thing, because he felt the need to explaining the real deal to Baekhyun, hoping to regain his trust back but he didn’t tell him on the day where he confessed to Kyungsoo. Somehow, it made Baekhyun feeling more guilty, guilty because of something that he did behind Chanyeol’s back without him knowing. “Nothing, it’s just that, I’m a bit worry about Kyungsoo. He hasn’t been picking up my calls or even reply to my text” Chanyeol answers him. “I’m sorry, this wasn’t supposed to be about him now. I’m sorry” Chanyeol hugs Baekhyun and starts kissing his temple, “how’s class? How are you? Hmm?” he asks his boyfriend lovingly. Baekhyun couldn’t survive this, he couldn’t keep lying to Chanyeol. “I-I, ehem, I’m good, yeah. Nothing unusual though” he stutters, fidgeting on his spot. “Hey that reminds me, have you seen Jongdae? I didn’t see him going to classes, or even see him around lately” Chanyeol asks, not noticing the pale face of Baekhyun. “I…well we need to go class now, and I haven’t see him around either, Channie. C’mon, class is starting” Baekhyun tries changing the topic, hoping that his boyfriend wouldn’t be suspicious about him and forget about Jongdae’s topic anyway. “Yeah? Well it’s still early but sure, let’s” so they link their arms

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter