Bad News

Operation Royal Wedding Cancellation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chanyeol, an 18 years old high schooler, everything seems to be normal around him. Being surrounded by bunch of friends in high school, getting through lessons in classes every day and being the best son to his parents as he deemed to be. Yes, everything seems to be normal for Park Chanyeol, except for the fact that he is a crowned Prince, and his parents are the King and Queen which makes them the Royal Families of Korea. Everything seems to revolves around Chanyeol. Most girls wanna be his girlfriend, most guys wanna be his friends. Well, everything seems to be in place for him.

Chanyeol has never use any of the privileges of being a crowned prince for his own good though. His parents have always teach him the best manners whether with other royalties or with the common people, which explains why he is very much likeable by others in his school. Besides, both of his parents decides on enrolling him to a normal, everyday school instead of private institutions for royalties, which was claimed as absurd by the other part of his family members was to teach him on how to mingle and blend in well with the crowd as he need to gain their trust, belief and respect. So Chanyeol did, without any questions, obeyed to his parents and did his best in school.

However, being a crowned prince does not necessarily restrict you from having any feelings, any attachments whatsoever. A crowned prince is still somehow a human, with the needs of to love and to be loved. And Chanyeol did this too. He is currently in his second year of being in a relationship with his classmate, one that he calls as his soulmate, one with the name of Byun Baekhyun. Chanyeol is indeed a cheerful guy. His bright personalities always seems to brighten other people, the same goes to Baekhyun. Both of them are known to be the happy couple on school as they both share the same personality. Baekhyun was indeed beautiful, cute as a puppy as Chanyeol always reckoned. He loves Baekhyun and indeed Baekhyun loves him.

“Hey stranger!” Baekhyun leans to Chanyeol, whispering to his ear.

“Hey there beautiful”, is what Chanyeol replies. He can never get enough of the sweet affection Baekhyun pours on him.

“What are you having? I thought we agree on ditching the school and go to somewhere that has the decency of serving something that we can eat” Baekhyun pouts.

“Baek, you know how it goes for me. I can’t simply just ditch the school, it’s against the rules. And the food here is not that bad you know. Wanna try some?”, Chanyel says while lifting his mashed potato filled spoon, trying to feed Baekhyun.

“Nope, nu uh. Not gonna eat that. You don’t want to hold a chubby furball later in your sleep right? So not gonna eat that. I’ll just try the salad they have and note this, I only eat here because you ask me to, Mister. If anything happen to me, you’re gonna responsible for it. Baekhyun deadpans though his serious face is somewhat similar to a grumpy puppy that Chanyeol can’t help himself but to pinch those red flushed cheeks.

“I don’t mind the chubby furball. They’re cute,  just like you” Chanyeol smiles back to Baekhyun. He continues eating because PE class he had before was exhilarating and freaking exhausting.

Without them notice, there was a figure, complete in a black suit attire, joined with a flashing red necktie, wearing a pair of black aviator, approaching them both. The figure is no other than Chanyeol’s loyal but serious bodyguard, Zhan Yixing or his more preferable name to call, Lay.

“Excuse me, Young Prince. May I have a word with you?” Lay asks in a polite manner.

“Yes, what is it Lay?” Chanyeol is still eating, hands cannot stop feeding himself albeit the scene is improper and his mother would definitely lecture him. Not that she’s gonna find out about it though.

“I’ve been informed that your parents, The King and The Queen have summoned you to go and meet them, urgent affair as they claimed. So I am here to you in meeting them right now. I’ve informed your class teacher and those who are in charge for the lessons you’ll be having today. Everything is well taken care of. Would you please come with me, Young Prince?” Lay requests, being the reliable bodyguard as he has always been for the past four years of servicing Chanyeol.

“Yeah?” Chanyeol sighs. It is not usual for his parents to meet him especially during schooling. They both have always emphasize on the importance of a proper education although he once has a doubt about that since his parents send him to a public school instead of those private institutions that would probably be completed with more facilities and better educational opportunities, unlike the one that he’s currently studying at. Well, not that he has anything against that, not since he met with Baekhyun. “Alright then, when will we leave? Right now?” Chanyeol asks.

“Yes, Sire. Right now.” Lay replies, “right this way, Sire.”

“Baby, I need to go now. I promise I’ll text you later, okay? Will you be okay without me?” Chanyeol asks Baekhyun while intertwining his hands with Baekhyun’s.

“Sure, I’ll just ask Jongdae to keep me company” Baekhyun replies him with a smile. He has always been understanding towards Chanyeol and his duty as the crowned prince, though sometimes his patience was running thin.

“That’s my baby. I love you. I’m going now. Take care” Chanyeol envelops Baekhyun into a warm embrace, kissing his forehead.

“Bye love, text me soon” Baekhyun replies his hug. They both are known for their public display of affection but no one ever complains since they are also swayed by the action.

Chanyeol makes his way towards the awaiting Black Bentley waiting outside the school premise, chaperoned by Lay. His gut is telling him that it will be fine, that his parents is somehow misses him, that’s why they wanna meet him but his conscious knows better. It must have been something so serious, something that hewould definitely not gonna like it. well, surprise, surprise.

(At the Royal Castle, in the Royal Study Room)

 “Dad” Chanyeol is the first to speak up, not tolerating the torturous silence that surrounds the whole room ever since he got there. “Lay said you have something to talk about? What is it?”.

“Chanyeol, you need to sit down first. Come” is what the King replies him, something about his concern look scream insecurities to Chanyeol. He sighs, “what I and your Mom would be telling you might come as a surprise, but we need for you to listen to it first thing from us own, your parents”.

“Honey, come here and sit with us” the Queen finally speak up. She rather looks worry, as if something might break Chanyeol down. Chanyeol however obeys his parents and takes a seat at the hard, wooden study table inside the Royal Study Room.

“You do know how sometimes life might treat us differently? That not everything we wish to happen, will happen and not everything that takes place in our life is bad? We just need to see things differently” the King try to preach Chanyeol but rather left unnoticed by the younger as he was too cautious of what will be informed by his parents.

“Honey, let’s tell him now. I can’t bear to see his face like this. It hurts me” the Queen pleads to her husband, not wanting to hurt her son anymore.

“Alright then” the King sighs. “Chanyeol, being a crowned prince is a lot of responsibilities, a lot that you need to sacrifice for the needs of your country” the King sighs for another time, “what I’m about to tell you maybe something that you did not looking forward to but trust me son, this is for your own good” the King try to sooth him.

“Dad, please just tell me the truth. I can’t take this any longer. What is it that you really want me to do now, hmm?” there’s a breaking tone is his voice, Chanyeol knows that whatever his father is telling him will is nothing close to a good news.

“You need to get married, to another crowned prince” the King continues, shifting his gaze to anywhere except his own son as he is breaking his heart by telling him about the news. “The wedding will come in another 4 months, you ne-“ before the King is able to finish his sentence, Chanyeol cuts in.

“No. I knew it. I knew it all along” Chanyeol cuts in. “How could you, Dad…Mom, how could you do this to me? Was I no good? Haven’t I done enough to impress both of you? I’ve done my very best to be the good crowned prince like you always taught me. But why? Why this? You know very well about me and Baekhyun. Why?” Chanyeol try to reason with his parents. He is sad, but he’s more angry, angry because of the ridiculous request made by his parents.

“Chanyeol, honey, we wouldn’t force you to do this either. Trust me, honey. Your dad and I know very well that you’ve been such a good son to both of us, and we both respect your choice. Baekhyun doesn’t deserve this as much as you, but-“

“But what? Hmm? Please, Mom, Dad. Stop this, stop with this absurdity. I don’t wanna listen to it anymore. I’m going back to school”. Chanyeol is making his way to the exit door but something stops his way.

“You’ll be banned from the family, son” the King looking sadly to the floor, “I’m sorry, but this just has to be done”.

“What the…why? Why can’t you stop the wedding? Dad, you’re the King, call the wedding off then” Chanyeol tries to reason with his dad, not knowing that his effort is futile.

“Because it is something beyond my control, Chanyeol”, the King exasperated. “It never really was. This was somehow a promise, a vow, made by my father, your grandfather to the Royal Do family and you know better that the Royal Park will never break their promises once it is being made”.

“Despite that it means breaking your own son for a promise that he didn’t know about?” Chanyeol deadpans his father.

“Son…” both the King and Queen looks at their son ever so sadly.

“Stop. I’m sorry but I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter