Lost Stars

In A World Like Ours

In which Jungkook doesn't think

tumblr_o8d81mW8aW1vs4444o2_400.gif54ccb71c8c91b87f7439f9ac9a4667b801823697

ft. 15& Jimin and BTS Jungkook

 

 

 

1788

 

 

 

Jungkook doesn't question the things the company asks him to do. It's not like he has much of a say anyways.

They ask him to sing, and he does so without a complaint. It's his job after all. He knows he's the golden maknae of the industry, known to do exceptionally well in all that is given to him, a triple threat in dancing, singing, and rapping, but... 

Still... there's only so much his regular nineteen year old Korean self can do. 

And learning an English song he's never head of in less than two hours isn't one of them. 

He's struggling. 

Jungkook glances at the clock. Correction. An hour and forty-three minutes.

He stares at the sheet of unfamiliar English lyrics and sighs. How can they expect him to learn an entire song in a different langauge and record the whole thing on the very same day? 

In his ear, the song plays. He concludes that it's a nice song, definitely the type of music he listens to, and focuses on the lyrics albeit he hardly understands. His manager tells him it's a trending song in Korea. Lots of idols are covering it, and apparently he's not going to be an exception. 

Usually, a task like this is a piece of cake.

Memorization. 

Jungkook's good at that.

With the help of Namjoon and sometimes Taehyung who self-proclaims himself as the second best when it comes to English, learning a foreign song is practically nothing. Almost like learning new choreography, but Jungkook retracts that thought in an instant.

Learning their choreography is hardly 'nothing'. 

He sighs again, because it's different today. Namjoon's not here, busy with his own tasks, probably composing a new song, and neither is Taehyung, off doing god knows what. Although he's semi-glad the latter isn't here. Jungkook doesn't have the energy or patience to deal with his hyung's antics. And that's another thing about today. 

Jungkook feels like absolute . 

Everything aches, his head hurts, and he's flipping tired. All the ingredients needed for a foul mood, and that's what he was in. The paper crumples from his tight grip, and he tosses it carelessly aside. He plugs the remaining earphone in, turns the volume up, closes his eyes, and lays down, limbs stretched out. He figures this is the best he can do for now and doesn't notice the door opening. 

His eyes flicker open when he's momentarily nudged. 

Irritated, he looks up to see a familiar patch of orange. 

"What are you doing?" Jimin towers above him with a raised brow. 

Behind him is a certain brunette. He could recognize the long, straight hair, signature style bangs, and big, bright eyes anywhere. She's peering at him curiously. They make eye contact, and she smiles. He doesn't return the friendliness and glances down to see their intertwined hands. Jungkook closes his eyes.

Great. 

He suddenly wishes Taehyung was here.

"Yah," he hears him call out. 

He sighs and pulls out his right earphone. It's inevitable. 

"What?" Jungkook roughly mutters.

Jimin frowns at the attitude and is about to say something about it when his phone rings, distracting him. He glances at the ID and smiles at his girlfriend. "I have to take this. I'll be right back." He glances back at Jungkook pointedly who only rolls his eyes. 

Jimin nods, understanding. "Go ahead, oppa." 

He pats her head affectionately, answers the call, and heads for the door. 

Jimin watches him leave before glancing back at Jungkook. 

His eyes are closed again, arms crossed this time.

She doesn't wait to be invited to sit down and plops on the floor right next to him. 

He can sense her close proximity and his lips twist into a frown. 

Jimin sets her bag down and sighs out loud, breaking the silence. "Wah, so this is what the great Jeon Jungkook does in his free time? Must be nice." 

He snorts. Free time, his foot. 

She looks around the empty practice room, and it's just that. Empty. With the exception of her and Jungkook of course. She then glances at the only thing that sticks out. 

The semi-crumpled sheets of paper on the floor. 

She reaches out for them, curious.

"Oh," she recognizes the content instantly. "Lost Stars. I know this song. Are you learning it?" 

Jungkook grunts in response. He's obviously irritated, somewhere close to frustration, and he hopes she can figure out that much and not bother him. 

If she does figure that much, Jimin either doesn't show it or simply ignores it. 

Jungkook assumes the latter. She's the type to.

She frowns slightly at his reply (was it a reply), because was that a yes or a no? She's not sure.

"Is that what you're listening to?" she asks.

Silence. 

"You're practicing in some weird, golden method way of yours, aren't you?" 

More silence. 

Jungkook grits his teeth under his emotionless expression. 

"Wow. Does that work, golden maknae?" 

Even more silence.

"Do you do this with all the English songs you learn? Because wow, Jungkookie, that's pretty neat-" 

Jungkook reacts before he can think properly and rips the earphones off him without a warning. The song plays from his phone as he shoots from the ground and sits up, eyes glaring at her, because it was just question after question after question with her, wasn't it? He was beyond annoyed. Couldn't she take a flipping hint? Or was she just ignoring the fact that he was ignoring her?

His patience runs dry at the thought.

"Don't you have a date to go on?" he booms. 

 

Oh God, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young

 

The intensity in his eyes is enough to send her running for the hills but Jimin stays stationary.

 

It's hunting season and the lambs are on the run

 

His voice is cold. Lately, it's seems to always be that way whenever he's around her. 

Jimin gulps.

 

Searching for meaning

 

Jungkook's glare causes her to cower. 

"Look, I'm not in the mood to play social with anyone right now, so don't take it personal, or do, I don't care," he advises in a dangerously low voice. "I have a killer headache, my body hurts, and I need to learn a song I've never heard before in my life in a different language and have it perfectly recorded by eight. So if you could kindly get the hell out and not bother me and tend to your boyfriend instead like you should be, I'd very much appreciate your sense of common courtesy."

He says everything in one breath, and she breathes out a hesitant and raspy apology. 

"I-I'm sorry.."

And that's when Jungkook realizes how he miscalculated how close she was. He's leaned in a lot closer than he should've been, and she hasn't move back. At all.

Their faces are inches apart. 

 

But are we all lost stars.. trying to light up the dark?

 

He sees her blink, her eyes a warm, comfortable brown, and takes a quick glance down at her lips. For a second, the anger subsides and he wonders how her lips would feel against his, how they'd taste if he just.. He unconsciously his lips and leans further in. 

There's a small pause, one where he could rationalize his thoughts, and he does. He looks back up, away from the dangerous temptation calling his name, for just one small taste, and he hates it. He hates wondering about forbidden stuff like that. She has a boyfriend, and it's Jimin of all people, his best friend. And that's a line that shouldn't be crossed by any means.

It's wrong and all kinds of ed up.

 

Who are we?

 

So he looks back up only to discover something, something strange.

Jimin's eyes are now softly shut.

Her eyes are closed, as if...

Something in him stops wavering, and Jungkook acts before he thinks again (because ah, it).

 

Just a speck of dust within the galaxy? 

 

"Don't apologize," he murmurs before closing in the gap. 

 

Woe is me

If we're not careful, turns into reality

 

His lips presses against hers, and the mere touch ignites sparks unlike he's ever felt before.

Jimin freezes from the contact, but Jungkook doesn't stop. He captures her lips painfully slow, the action creating indescribable flutters in his stomach. He sweetly kisses her, savoring the refreshing taste of peppermint, and Jungkook swears in that moment he'll never touch a candy cane ever again, because nothing will ever even come close to compare to the sweet taste of Park Jimin. 

It takes a couple seconds for Jungkook to realize his lips aren't the only ones moving now, and his heart ing soars at the realization. 

She's kissing him back. 

She's actually kissing him back. 

And just like that, the pain goes away. 

His head that was pounding with a splitting headache is now sent into a blissful whirlwind. His body that was sore all over from the constant strain now aches for her touch, the touch he was currently feeling, and he cups her face, deepening the kiss. 

So this is how it feels. 

To kiss the girl you love, and to have the girl you love kiss you back. 

If he could, Jungkook would stop time altogether just to keep this feeling. 

Just to keep this moment. 

"WHAT THE IS GOING ON HERE?!" 

But he can't. 

 

--

 

"... Are we all... lost stars.... trying to light.. up.. the dark..?"

The PD sends a thumbs up and the recording is complete. 

"That was perfect, Jungkook."

His vocal teacher next to him nods in agreement. "As expected from the golden maknae." 

Jungkook sends them a weak smile and bows from inside the booth. They offer him dinner, but he turns it down. Not feeling well, he says. They soon leave, taking the excuse and bidding him a good night's rest, and then he's left alone. 

Jungkook doesn't remember when exactly he fell in love with Park Jimin, but he's damn sure he knows it was long before his best friend came into the picture. 

He buries his face in his hands, because , he's messed up. Big time.

He could still feel the ghost of her lips on his... and the impacting punch from Jimin shortly after. 

How the hell was he able to ruin two friendships, one relationship, kiss the girl he loves, learn a song he's never even heard of before today, and record it perfectly as if it was just another regular day in the studio? And all in the past three hours? 

He's the golden maknae alright.

Jungkook chuckles bitterly, finally reading the Korean translation of the song. 

No, he's just a lost star.

 

 


I may ship Jimin with Jungkook more than Jimin with Jimin... yikes XD. So tempted to make this drabble a chaptered story... What did you think of the male POV? Hehe, make sure to check out the master list, I've updated a few things! Hope you enjoyed.

xoxo, --kayotic