Happy Birthday, Noona!

In A World Like Ours

In which Rocky has a crush and a great idea

tumblr_inline_o3u212hgmC1sccn28_500.giftumblr_o7vyuyN7Pi1vs4444o6_400.gif

ft. 15& Jimin and Astro Rocky/Minhyuk 

 

 

 

 

2111

 

 

Rocky's nervous. 

Nervous and excited. So nervous and excited that he doesn't sleep a wink, and the next thing he knows, night becomes day, and he's on his way with the others to today's afternoon schedule. ASC. Otherwise known as Afterschool Club, where a certain pretty and funny sunbaenim would be. He grins like an idiot with a crush, and the thought alarms him instantly. 

Him? With a crush? On his sunbae? Impossible! 

But it is. 

Rocky acknowledges it after a minute.

Yeah, he definitely has a crush. And on who? Well, ASC's vitamin MC, Park Jimin, of course. A noona! Yup. Rocky knows he shouldn't be attracted, because that's a no-no in this industry especially at such an early point of his career. But he is. As a freshly debuted rookie idol, he needed to be focused on all things ASTRO and only that, not pretty sunbaes. What would s say if they knew of his attraction?! What would his manager....?? He didn't dedicate the past few years of his life just to get sidetracked by a girl! 

But a part of him argues with that stubbornly. 

She's not just a girl! She's Park Jimin! Funny, witty, talented, sassy, kind, pretty, and everything else in between.

Truthfully, he's a fan. He's been a fan for awhile now. He's known of her ever since she won KPOPSTAR Season 1 and has vaguely followed Jimin's promotions ever since her debut. 'I Dream' became his favorite song at that time, because of his ability to relate to it, and 'Hopeless Love' may or may not have been on repeat on his phone the month it came out (it was).

Okay, maybe he's a pretty big fan. 

Rocky's denied this crush before, plenty of times actually, deeming it only a logical attraction due to the fact that he's a fan of hers and has been for some time now. But that's all changed when ASTRO appeared on ASC the first time around. Actually meeting the said girl in person was entirely something else. Jimin was everything she appeared to be in the few episodes he's watched of the show.

She wasn't fake, like a lot of people in this biz, and he enjoyed that. Not only was she prettier in real life, Jimin was also beyond comfortable. She treated them (him and s) like friends, taking care of them well and calming their nerves before and after the show. Jimin wasn't afraid to be herself. She was weird and interesting, and Rocky was dumbstruck if anything. He remembers introducing himself and fumbling with his words, his everyday confidence flying out the window with a single breathtaking smile from the older girl.

And it was at that moment that he knew his attraction was a result of more than just being a fan.

It's a crush, he tells himself. It's harmless though. It'll go away. 

Right? 

The boy's not entirely sure, maybe it'll go away, maybe it won't. But for now, he plans to just go with the flow, allowing himself to be attracted and feeling all sorts of giddiness. Which is why he's nervous and excited. Definitely more excited though. 

And with that, he remembers something and has a great idea. Rocky glances at s. 

"We should get a cake," he suggests innocently albeit randomly.

Moon Bin furrows his brows, pulling out the one earphone he has in. He isn't sure he heard right. "Huh? A cake?"  

Even MJ glances at him, confused. "What for?" 

The younger awkwardly clears his throat. "O-Oh. I, uh, heard it's Jimin sunbae's birthday today." He immediately lowers his eyes, fidgets with his fingers, and avoids Moon Bin's suspicious gaze. "I.. just thought it'd be a good idea.. you know since we're rookies and all." 

JinJin, the leader, thinks it over and nods approvingly. "Sure. I don't see why not." 

"Yaaaayyyy! Cakeee!!!" Sanha claps excitedly. "Oo, ooooo, hyung, can I pick it out?!" 

"Sure-"

"No!" 

Everyone stares at Rocky, and JinJin raises a puzzled brow. "O....kay. Did you want to pick it out, Rocky...?" 

Rocky sheepishly laughs and rubs the back of his neck. "S-Sure." 

Causing Sanha to pout.

 


--

 


ASTRO enters the familar studio and enthusiastically greets the staff.

Their makeup is done rather quickly, and the six of them stand on set, momentarily streaming live on V app while playing a game the ASC producers prepared. Rocky does his best to pay attention but it's grabbed by a certain birthday girl in the far left corner.

Jimin laughs out loud with her fellow MC, Jae from Day6. A tinge of envy and maybe jealousy hits him, and Rocky slightly frowns. He watches her laugh at a joke he thinks probably wasn't even remotely funny and sees her smack Jae on the shoulder. 

The taller guy ruffles her hair, and Rocky looks away, almost sulking. 

Moon Bin nudges him, and his attention is pulled back. 

"Could you be more obvious?" his best friend mutters discreetly to him.

Rocky chews the insides of his cheek and doesn't reply.

"Set!" the PD-nim then shouts. 

And everyone quickly gets into place and the show starts. 

Rocky watches Jimin and Jae interact naturally, and he's more than envious of their relationship. He can tell the two are close and wonders just how he could get close to her as well. If anything, he wanted to be friends with the girl. He tears his gaze away from Jimin when MJ calls his name so they can prepare to enter and light the candles on the cake. However, JinJin momentarily decides it's better not to due to safety reasons. 

Eunwoo receives the dessert from their manager, carefully holding it in his hands. "Who wants to give the cake to Jimin sunbae?" 

Sanha shoots his hands in the air. "Oo, oo! Me! Me!" 

"I do!" 

Once again, everyone stares at Rocky (offering to do things is so out of character), and JinJin tilts his head, looking at the younger strangely. "Yah, you already got to choose the cake earlier, Minhyuk-ah. Let the maknae give Jimin sunbae her birthday cake." 

Rocky reluctantly laughs it off and nods as the cake is handed to Sanha.

Is he being too obvious? 

"Alright so Jae, who's.. uhm.. the guest.."

"The guest for today?" 

"Yes!" 

Jae reads his cue cards as they approach the center of the ASC set. "Alright, that's right. The bright and fresh idols you wanna hang out with on hot summer days... ASTRO!!!!" 

And that's their cue. ASTRO eagerly enters the set with loud cheers as they begin to sing Jimin happy birthday. Jimin stops and stares at them, baffled, breaking into laughter full of disbelief. Rocky claps and watches her reaction, feeling the spread of warmth at the sight of her smile.

She laughs and thanks them again once their singing comes to an end. Something in Rocky jerks, and he suddenly wishes he's the one handing her the cake. Damn you maknae. Without really thinking, he reaches out to grab the platter from Sanha's hands but the younger is quicker and extends it out to Jimin before he could. Rocky pulls back with a sheepish smile, because darn, so close.

He hopes no one saw that awkward attempt. 

The girl simply glances at the decoated cake and thanks them again.

Rocky wonders if he's ever seen a prettier smile. He doesn't think he has. 

"Waaahh, thank you. Thank you," she beams in delight.

"We heard it's your birthday today and prepared this on the way here," JinJin tells her, speaking into the mic.

Rocky nods and smiles, although he really wants to say that it was his idea. 

Jimin blinks, surprised. "Oh, on the way here?" She teasingly smiles at them as they nod. "Aye, but did you guys really?" 

Moon Bin laughs at the doubt, and the six of them protest.

"No, we really bought it!" JinJin assures, and Jimin's touched.

"Waah, thank you so much." 

They continue ASC shortly after the intro video is cued, and Rocky's not sure why but Jimin continues to glow throughout the entire show. She's happy, and he's glad. Their music video 'Breathless' begins to play, ending the hour long show, and the first thing Rocky does is approach Jimin as the rest of s go off to fetch their ice cream prize they won from the relay game.

"You worked hard today, sunbaenim."

It's the first thing he says, and Rocky immediately wants to hit himself for such a lame conversation starter.

Jimin bows with a polite smile. "Haha, thank you. You did too."

He returns the bow, twice actually, and awkwardly chuckles. "I'm actually a big fan of yours, sunbaenim." And he internally cringes. Lame. Again. Park Minhyuk, you lame, lame, lame .  

"Ah, thank you. But you don't have to call me sunbae. I'd prefer you not to. It makes me feel weird."

"O-Oh. Then, s-should I call you..." Rocky hesitates. "N-Noona?" He can sees the outward cringe immediately on her face and opens his mouth to take it back, but Jimin laughs and nods after a second, giving in.

"That's right. I forget that you're younger than me. You seem so much more like an oppa."

Rocky blushes. Because... oppa?

If only.

"Go ahead and call me noona for now." Jimin sends him a smile, and Rocky beams like a puppy getting a nice belly rub. His heart nearly soars at the privilege, because yes! He's one step closer to getting to know her, Park Jimin. Jimin noona. He likes the sound of that and doesn't even care to hide his bright smile. 

She bows and turns her attention to Jae who calls her name, and the boy doesn't mind.

Lighter on his feet, Rocky heads over to the others to go retrieve his ice cream. He watches the others eat the ice cream in front of the camera and is about to follow them when he sees JinJin walk over to Jimin. Curious, he changes his step in direction and sees JinJin offer to feed her some. His eyes widen. What the... Hyung?! Why didn't he think of that?!

She looks a bit taken back but eventually takes a bite. "Mmmm, thanks! And thank you for the birthday cake again."

"No problem. It was actually his idea to get the cake," JinJin says, gesturing to Rocky.

"Oh really?" Jimin tilts her head. "You didn't have to, Rocky."

And the boy shyly lowers his head. His inexperience with interacting with the opposite was showing. Badly.  

"I appreciate it though. Makes me feel special," she beams. "My birthdays are usually whatever to me, but this year isn't so bad."

"It was n-nothing," he waves it off. Rocky then lifts up his spoon. "Did you want some, noona-" 

"Ooooooo, ice cream!" Jae appears and steps in between them. "Can I have a bite?"

Rocky hesitates, because.. uh.., but Jimin's looking at him curiously waiting for him to respond, and he can't just reject him in front of her... so he sheepishly smiles without much choice. "S-Sure."

Jae grins after eating a mouth full. "Thanks man."

"ASTRO!"

Rocky turns to see their manager calling for them. It was time to leave, and he panicks. He still has so much he wanted to say. Oh, the crisis of a teenager with a crush. JinJin bows and bids a farewell first, leaving Rocky alone with Jimin and..... Jae. Rocky glances at the blonde male who's smiling like he doesn't know he's ing in some way or form. Rocky clears his throat, as if that's some sort of signal, and Jae suddenly blinks. "What? Oh. Oh. Okay. Okay. I can sense when I'm clearly not wanted. I'll be over there, Jimin."

With a light whistle, he leaves, and the two are finally alone.

Jimin raises a brow. "Did you.. have something to say, Rocky?"

Rocky nervously nods. He exhales deeply and smiles, though it's awkward. "I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday personally. Enjoy the cake, and be healthy always. Happy Birthday, noona." He boldly grabs her hand and slips something into it before quickly bowing and leaving.

Jimin blinks, watching him hurriedly catch up with s and exiting out the studio without another word.

Jae walks up to her and his head to the side. "What was that about?"

"I don't know.."

"He totally likes you."

Jimin scoffs. "As if."

"Looks like Jungkook has some competition."

Jimin reacts instinctively, punching him. He runs away before she could throw more hits, and Jimin stops and looks down at her hand before breaking into a smile. How cute, she thinks.

 

 


Wrote this because ASTRO are my children and Rocky's my bias. That, and my last chapter was too sad for me. LOL. I'm terrible at fluff though. Literally though, ASTRO's so cute, and so refreshing. Their interactions on ASC actually happened, and I just thought oops.. sorrynotsorry another Jimin x male idol mini ship has sailed. Muahaha, you'll never know what he gave her becaues I don't know either, left for interpretation.

2eezyq0.jpg

xoxo, --kayotic