Humor Me

In A World Like Ours

In which Jimin helps Taehyung before ASC

tumblr_n75n65TOvw1teresqo8_r1_250.giftumblr_o9plclvorO1vxoycio2_500.gif

ft. 15& Jimin and BTS Taehyung

 

 

 

1421

 

 

 

"BTS is here," one of the many ASC coordinators announces quickly before leaving to attend to other matters.

Jimin glances at Eric knowingly, because she just knows he's going to have something smart to say about the arrival of today's guest. And sure enough, Eric gives her a teasing look, both eyebrows raised as high as they possibly can. 

"Your boyfriend is here," he says with a wide grin.

On instinct, she smacks him. "Stop saying that! Jimin oppa isn't my boyfriend," she clarifies in a huff as her face begins to turn red from the statement.

Eric eyes her suspiciously. "Jimin? I didn't say anything about Jimin. I was talking about V, but hmm.. okay, I see where your interest lies. I see you."

Caught, Jimin's face turns an even brighter red. "Shut up!" she semi-shouts in English. "I only thought you meant him because we have the same name, okay? And V oppa is just a friend." 

Eric laughs his evil laugh, enjoying his teasing perhaps a little too much. "If that's what you say."

"I'm serious!"

"Aigoo, when did my Jiminie get so popular with boys?" 

Scowling, she hits him a little harder. 

Eric winces but continues grinning. "And here I thought you were going to get thirty cats in the future." 

"Oh my god, you're so--"

Just as she's about to hit him once more, there is a knock on the door. 

"Am I interrupting something?" 

Jimin turns to the intruder and freezes.

Park Jimin stands there with a friendly smile on his face. His hair is that signature color of orange, parted right in the middle, and the sight makes her stomach flutter. 

Eric shakes his head, the teasing smile still on his face. "No, you're good. Did you guys just get here? And where are the others?" 

"Yeah, we just arrived." Jimin points his thumb out the door. "The others are in the studio, getting their make up done right now. I just finished." 

Eric nods and gets up. "Oh alright, I should go greet them." 

Jimin sends him a panicked look, her eyes practically screaming, begging, 'PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME HERE ALONE WITH HIM.'

But Eric pretends not to notice and dashes out the door into the hallway with a loud laugh before she can stop him.

I'm going to kill him later, she thinks. 

"That hyung is a little weird, huh?" 

She turns to Jimin with a small, awkward smile. "A little is an understatement." 

"So..." he begins.

Jimin cries on the inside but manages to fake a smile. "Yup.." 

"Did you--" 

"I have--" 

They both stop and blink. 

"Oh, you go ahead," he tells her.

Jimin sheepishly nods. "Did you.. uhm, need something, oppa?" 

Chuckling, he shakes his head. "No. I actually have something for you." 

"Oh? For me?" Surprised, she waits expectantly.

Jimin lifts up a cute headband with small reindeer antlers and gestures to it. "One of the coordi noonas wanted me to wear this for today's show, but it sort of cramps my style, so I was wondering.. if you wanted to wear it instead." 

Jimin blinks. "Eh?" 

The boy shifts awkwardly. "I mean Eric hyung has that santa party hat thing, and I just thought that maybe the other MC should have something festive too, since it's the holidays."

She raises a brow jokingly. "So you're saying you want to cramp my style instead?" 

"No! That's not what I meant.. I just..." Jimin rubs the back of his neck. "I think you'd look pretty with it on." 

Jimin opens to say something else, but he stops her before she can. "And," he adds, "I'm not saying that you don't look pretty without it on either, because you do. You look pretty no matter what." 

Flustered, she bows repeatedly. "O-Oh, thank you, oppa." 

He grins. "Let me put it on you." 

And she does. Her breath hitches at how close he is. She swears her heart is a second away from jumping out of her chest.

"There," he says, taking a step back and examining her. "I knew you'd look good." 

Jimin fixes it a little and shyly smiles after. "Thanks again."

Jimin parts his mouth to say something but is interrupted.

"Manager is looking for you, Jimin." 

Both of them turn to see Taehyung, better known by his stage name, V by the doorway. On his head was a christmas hat for the show, and without meaning to, Jimin laughs because she thinks he looks silly. He always does somehow, and she thinks it's cute.

Taehyung raises a brow but doesn't say anything. 

"See you when the show starts." Jimin politely smiles at her once more before leaving. 

She immediately fans herself once he's gone (because dang was it getting hot in there or was it just her). 

Taehyung walks in, amused. "Are you okay?" he asks with a chuckle.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. Is there something you need, V oppa?" 

"Aye, I told you so many times already. Just call me by my real name," he lightly chides.

Jimin apologetically smiles. "Hehe, sorry about that. Is there something you need, Taehyung oppa?" she corrects. 

"There is," he replies.

"What is it?"

"I need help your help with confessing," he admits without missing a beat.

Jimin almost chokes. "E-Eh? How am I supposed to help you with that?" 

Taehyung smiles that wide smile of his. "Listen to my confession and tell me what you think." 

"Y-You wanna practice on me?" she asks, slightly puzzled. 

He runs some fingers through his brown hair and nods lazily. "Something like that. I'm going to use your name, is that alright with you?" 

Jimin chews the inside of her check but eventually nods after a while. 

"Okay," she breathes. "Go ahead." 

Hearing that, Taehyung takes off the headband on his head and shortly becomes serious. It takes her by surprise, but Jimin sees him squeezing his hat, and just like that, she knows he's nervous. So she offers him a supportive smile.

"Here goes." Taehyung rubs the back of his neck and clears his throat, "The first time I saw you, Jimin, I didn't think much of it. I thought you were pretty, but that was about it. But then... I got to know you some more through our same schedules, and I realized that you were more than just a pretty face. You were funny. You are funny, funnier than anyone I know actually, and you're shameless. I like that." 

Jimin frowns because she doesn't think any girl would like to be called shameless while getting confessed to but nonetheless she continues to listen to his confession. Oddly enough, she starts to feel strange, but this feeling is somewhat familiar. 

Her face heats up as he continues. 

"You're not afraid to be yourself," Taehyung points out. "And you're cute without trying to be. You have a strong personality and a unique character, just like me. And I'm not sure why, but I want to protect you. I want to be the reason behind your smile, and I was wondering if you'd let me. I really like you, Jimin." 

Jimin forgets how to breathe. 

Taehyung stares at her with those eyes of his, and she swears he can bore holes into her soul and see right through her. His confession ends there, and he glances at her expectantly. 

"Well, what do you think?" 

Gathering herself together, Jimin smiles genuinely. "I think whoever this girl is, is lucky. I'm sure she'd accept your confession in a heartbeat, Taehyung oppa." 

Taehyung stares at her, his expression becoming unreadable. 

She shifts from the growing atmosphere and awkwardly looks away. Just as she's about to excuse herself to check on today's cue cards, she's stopped by none other than him.

"And what about you?" he calls out.

She turns and looks at him. "Huh?" 

"What would you say?" Taehyung asks curiously. "If the confession was for you." 

Jimin laughs. "Aye, oppa, don't joke like that." 

Taehyung playfully smirks, almost taunting her. "And if I'm not?" 

Jimin forgets how to breathe again. 

"Come on, Jimin. Humor me. How would you respond?" 

Her insides flip-flop, somersault, and jump all at once. 

"What are you getting at?" she nervously asks.

"I like you, Jimin."

And just like that, Jimin knows why the feeling in her stomach is so shakingly familiar. 

It's the same feeling she gets whenever she's with Jimin. 

Only.. right now, in front of her is Kim Taehyung. 

Oh boy was she in trouble.

 

 


Hehe. A little of Jimin x Jimin in this chapter. I couldn't stop myself, lolol. Double update~

xoxo, --kayotic